Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kepardue

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
I understand that Apple isn't merging MobileMe accounts with other iTunes accounts. That makes sense to me. But I'm curious about those who get a new @me.com account *after* iCloud makes its debut?

Ideally, I'll be able to sign into iOS 5 with my regular non-@me.com Apple ID, click the button that says, "Choose a @me.com address to get an email", and then after that be able to use that as my iTunes ID. Is that not how it works? Do they remain separate unless you actually sign up to iCloud with a new account?

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
I understand that Apple isn't merging MobileMe accounts with other iTunes accounts. That makes sense to me. But I'm curious about those who get a new @me.com account *after* iCloud makes its debut?

Ideally, I'll be able to sign into iOS 5 with my regular non-@me.com Apple ID, click the button that says, "Choose a @me.com address to get an email", and then after that be able to use that as my iTunes ID. Is that not how it works? Do they remain separate unless you actually sign up to iCloud with a new account?

yes that's how it works, or in iOS 5, when you turn on iCloud, when you enable mail, it asks you if you to choose a me.com address. you'll be able to set up a seperate new one if you choose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.