Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
I was just watching last night's episode and check out the contributors in this screen shot. I thought they would've been screening for this a little bit more after the Suq Madiq incident. Yes it's juvenile, but it's worth a chuckle.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-09-15 at 8.44.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-09-15 at 8.44.17 PM.png
    369.4 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
The above screen shot is from Wednesday 9/14, and the names start scrolling across at 57 seconds into the show (based off of Hulu's timer).

As for the Suq Madiq episode, Colbert did a little comedy sketch of it on the episode that ran August 4, 2011, honoring the Arab American contributor and his family. It was so funny that Colbert couldn't even keep a straight face and I was in tears.
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-co...4-2011/colbert-super-pac---the-heroes-respond

I can't wait for the next segment when he thanks all these contributors again.

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
How did I miss that episode!? Dang! I don't see how he keeps a straight face for so long during his shows.

He's a total professional man, but you know when he can't keep a straight face the writing is funny.

He's Brilliant

When he first started his own show I just couldn't get passed the over-the-topness of it, and didn't like it too much. However, the last few years his writing/delivery has been spot on. I hope he wins the Emmy tomorrow for his category.

Tiggs

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
Heh, good for a chuckle. Wonder if any more will sneak through or maybe they even plant them as well. :D

cantthinkofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2004
Missouri, USA
When he first started his own show I just couldn't get passed the over-the-topness of it, and didn't like it too much. However, the last few years his writing/delivery has been spot on. I hope he wins the Emmy tomorrow for his category.

Thats what I love the most about his show. John Stewart is the sensible lets talk things out kind of guy. Stephen is the over the top, worst case, defcon 1 disaster, conspiracy theorist. I couldn't believe he testified before a subcommittee last year, that was amazing.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Thats what I love the most about his show. John Stewart is the sensible lets talk things out kind of guy. Stephen is the over the top, worst case, defcon 1 disaster, conspiracy theorist. I couldn't believe he testified before a subcommittee last year, that was amazing.

I laughed so hard at his speech at the hearing I started to crying. I still can't believe he pulled that off with a outright straight face.

cantthinkofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2004
Missouri, USA
I laughed so hard at his speech at the hearing I started to crying. I still can't believe he pulled that off with a outright straight face.

I don't know if his statement or the look on some of the subcommittee member's faces were better. That one lady was laughing and trying to hide it, and mr. grumpy was furious he was there.

racketeer71

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2010
Another one, from 9/21 with Daniel Yergin episode:

screenshot20110923at213.png

Apparently the Russian president likes Colbert.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.