PDA

View Full Version : Apple Seeds OS X 10.7.2 Build 11C57 to Developers

MacRumors
Sep 16, 2011, 01:05 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/09/16/apple-seeds-os-x-10-7-2-build-11c57-to-developers/)

http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2011/09/11c57.png

Apple is picking up the pace of OS X 10.7.2 developer seeds as it moves toward a public launch of iCloud and iOS 5, today pushing out Build 11C57 to developers for testing.

As with the previous seed (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/09/11/apple-rolls-icloud-beta-into-new-os-x-10-7-2-build-11c55/), which came just five days ago, the iCloud components have been rolled into OS X 10.7.2. iCloud has previously been a separate download for beta testers.

Apple continues to list no known issues with the latest build, and has made no changes to its list of focus areas for testing, which include AddressBook, GraphicsDrivers, iCal, iChat, iCloud, Mac App Store, Mail, MobileMe, Safari, Spotlight, and Time Machine.

Article Link: Apple Seeds OS X 10.7.2 Build 11C57 to Developers (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/09/16/apple-seeds-os-x-10-7-2-build-11c57-to-developers/)

troop231
Sep 16, 2011, 01:08 PM
iOS 5 Beta 8 soon to follow later today? :confused:

Saberon
Sep 16, 2011, 01:09 PM
And iOS 5 beta 8 to follow right? Right? Apple? ;)

Sodner
Sep 16, 2011, 01:11 PM
My guess is that since rumors pointed to today for iOS beta 8, it won't come out till tomorrow. :p

jayhawk11
Sep 16, 2011, 01:12 PM
We've gotta be less than a week away from GM.

Saberon
Sep 16, 2011, 01:13 PM
GM comes out at event, of which we have no invites to, so no GM next week.

Invites 21st
Event/GM 28th

iOS 5 Oct 10

troop231
Sep 16, 2011, 01:14 PM
iOS 5 Oct 10

October 7th fool. :D

mattburles
Sep 16, 2011, 01:15 PM
no more beta of iOS 5 please :)

Spooner83
Sep 16, 2011, 01:16 PM
I just love how iOS 5 will be released very soon and Facebook promised the iPad add to be released this summer and it never came out. So, I guess Apple IS better than you Facebook! LMFAO :)

mattburles
Sep 16, 2011, 01:17 PM
I just love how iOS 5 will be released very soon and Facebook promised the iPad add to be released this summer and it never came out. So, I guess Apple IS better than you Facebook! LMFAO :)

facebook never promissed they would release iPad app this summer. that was all rumor.

lancastor
Sep 16, 2011, 01:18 PM
iMessage support for iChat in this Lion Release?

Saberon
Sep 16, 2011, 01:20 PM
I would highly imagine iMessage would be baked into 10.7.2. Seems kind of pointless to wait for another build. (10.7.3)

SteveLV702
Sep 16, 2011, 01:21 PM
weird Im still showing build 11C55 from Sept 11th

cerb
Sep 16, 2011, 01:25 PM
same here

Sankersizzle
Sep 16, 2011, 01:30 PM
I've given them until this release to fix the battery issues before I give my MBP to my dad and go back too PeeCee. I like Lion, but losing 3 hours of battery life per charge made me sad.

accessoriesguy
Sep 16, 2011, 01:33 PM
weird Im still showing build 11C55 from Sept 11th

lol they are recycling images. I hope they include more preferences edits in 10.7.2. That's what I want most, then bug fixes, then iCloud support. That's just what I would like. I am really contemplating going back to SL for the performance. The amount of speed gained by a full 64-bit cocoa applications is quickly being over shadowed by a system that is not optimized.

Slurpy2k8
Sep 16, 2011, 01:33 PM
I've given them until this release to fix the battery issues before I give my MBP to my dad and go back too PeeCee. I like Lion, but losing 3 hours of battery life per charge made me sad.

Because you get great battery life on most PC laptops, right?

trondah
Sep 16, 2011, 01:34 PM
Safari any snappier? :)

iphoneication
Sep 16, 2011, 01:36 PM
so I'm still showing sep11 for last update,, hum,, i guess ill sit and wait,, I'm def hoping for that iMessage on my mac,, that would be the ****!

rockstarjoe
Sep 16, 2011, 01:39 PM

Try an SMC and PRAM reset. Fixed that issue for me.

Tonewheel
Sep 16, 2011, 01:40 PM

"This computer sucks! Think I'll give it to my Dad."

Sweet....

accessoriesguy
Sep 16, 2011, 01:43 PM

it probably is, but the delay in my jigrasp (finger swipes) makes it feel slower over all. jgrasp not running fast (and at times not running all) i have to wait before it becomes active again. it's just weird over all. this auto save and no save-as is a real drag when working on projects.

I can't believe i am saying this but 2 versions of lion would be nice, one meant for professionals.

There are also animations between things that take up time, like in ical i have to wait for the flap to turn to change the page. 12GB of Hard Drive space is being taken up by the back up partition, which really annoys me.

Sankersizzle
Sep 16, 2011, 01:45 PM
Because you get great battery life on most PC laptops, right?

I used to get 9 out of my 17" MBP and my Vaio Z, now I get 4 out of my MBP and I'm still getting 9 on my Vaio :rolleyes:.

Try an SMC and PRAM reset. Fixed that issue for me.

Word, I'll try that meow.

Spooner83
Sep 16, 2011, 01:46 PM
facebook never promissed they would release iPad app this summer. that was all rumor.

"It's been over a year since the iPad was released and despite the phenomenal success of Facebook's iPhone app, Facebook has yet to deliver an official app designed for the iPad.

That won't be true for much longer, reports the New York Times' Nick Bilton, who writes that Facebook is planning to release a free iPad app in the "coming weeks" "

June 17, 2011

http://ow.ly/6wEtQ

Tonewheel
Sep 16, 2011, 01:47 PM
"It's been over a year since the iPad was released and despite the phenomenal success of Facebook's iPhone app, Facebook has yet to deliver an official app designed for the iPad.

That won't be true for much longer, reports the New York Times' Nick Bilton, who writes that Facebook is planning to release a free iPad app in the "coming weeks" "

June 17, 2011

http://ow.ly/6wEtQ

As he said, Facebook never promised anything.

Spooner83
Sep 16, 2011, 01:54 PM
As he said, Facebook never promised anything.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn;t mean to offend the employees of Facebook who are on here chatting :D

Phazer
Sep 16, 2011, 01:57 PM
So they STILL haven't fixed the wifi issue that makes the internet connection fall after a few minutes????
What are they waiting for?!?!

Tonewheel
Sep 16, 2011, 01:58 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn;t mean to offend the employees of Facebook who are on here chatting :D

Seriously, the last person I'd believe is some web/blog/tabloid hack who thinks he's got the inside scoop. Credibility doesn't run high among that lot.

lancastor
Sep 16, 2011, 02:12 PM
No iMessage support in this release. :(

Macsterguy
Sep 16, 2011, 02:21 PM
iCloud need to go off "without a hitch" OR Steve will come back...

Peace
Sep 16, 2011, 02:24 PM

Works fine for me.

iphoneication
Sep 16, 2011, 02:41 PM

I'm still waiting for it to show up in my dev account,,, ,nothing on iMessage huh,, damm,,,

emt1
Sep 16, 2011, 02:41 PM
Works fine for me.

No it doesn't, because iMessage does not exist in Lion.

phpmaven
Sep 16, 2011, 02:45 PM
I don't know where this story came from, but this update has not been posted to the dev site anywhere that I can find. Still shows the last update from 9/11

petvas
Sep 16, 2011, 02:45 PM
So they STILL haven't fixed the wifi issue that makes the internet connection fall after a few minutes????
What are they waiting for?!?!

Have you filed a bug report?

pmz
Sep 16, 2011, 02:47 PM
Does anyone here actually see this update available in their account?

Not mine...

iphoneication
Sep 16, 2011, 02:48 PM
I've checked my dev account over and over,, no reference to this update what so ever,,,

ps,, I'm hoping iMessage makes it into final build,, that would be awesome!

Saberon
Sep 16, 2011, 02:50 PM
I think someone sent in a tip with a photoshopped image and MR just figured it was legit.

lancastor
Sep 16, 2011, 02:52 PM
I think someone sent in a tip with a photoshopped image and MR just figured it was legit.

No. I have downloaded and installed Build 11c57. It's real.

sh4ne
Sep 16, 2011, 02:53 PM
well, if you all are devs you know where to go to get this update.

LlamaLarry
Sep 16, 2011, 02:57 PM
well, if you all are devs you know where to go to get this update.+1 Paying $99 is easy, finding the build is apparently pretty tough for some. ;)

iphoneication
Sep 16, 2011, 03:01 PM
no I'm pretty sure I'm smart enough to go to the same page as i have many times before,,, sep 11 last build,,, this is a bogus story in my eyes!

arnoldo83
Sep 16, 2011, 03:04 PM
no I'm pretty sure I'm smart enough to go to the same page as i have many times before,,, sep 11 last build,,, this is a bogus story in my eyes!

You have to look harder.. it is there. I am downloading it now

sh4ne
Sep 16, 2011, 03:04 PM

here ill help you.... Dev Center Resources take a look. :)

petvas
Sep 16, 2011, 03:05 PM
+1 Paying $99 is easy, finding the build is apparently pretty tough for some. ;)

There is nothing new on my developer account. I don't know where you found this new build, but it certainly isn't on the developer site.

frankjl
Sep 16, 2011, 03:05 PM

Well your eyes do not represent everybody.

I found it installed it - nothing major to report.

bhdragon
Sep 16, 2011, 03:06 PM
Agree...bogus story. Site still shows Sept. 11

petvas
Sep 16, 2011, 03:08 PM
Well your eyes do not represent everybody.

I found it installed it - nothing major to report.

Can you then post the link? It will only work for the ones having a developer account, so there is no harm in posting it.

WeegieMac
Sep 16, 2011, 03:08 PM
To those wishing the release of the GM, it's not going to happen until the media event as per usual. The Developer Seed of the Gold Master candidate is always released at the media event, after a brief demo and grand announcement that it'll be available to "everyone in October, and we're releasing a developer seed today".

arnoldo83
Sep 16, 2011, 03:09 PM
There is nothing new on my developer account. I don't know where you found this new build, but it certainly isn't on the developer site.

Now scroll all the way down and click on all downloads, then select Mac OSX form the right.

teknishn
Sep 16, 2011, 03:10 PM
No dice on new Lion build. I'm guessing they may have pulled it at the last minute or something. Probably show up again later today.

antmarobel
Sep 16, 2011, 03:12 PM
nothing there at all...:confused:

petvas
Sep 16, 2011, 03:12 PM
Now scroll all the way down and click on all downloads, then select Mac OSX form the right.

You were right. Thanks.

Here is the link for the ones still searching for it: http://connect.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MemberSite.woa/wa/download?path=%2FMac_OS_X%2Fos_x_10.7.2_build_11c57%2Fos_x_lion_10.7.2_11c57_combo_updatereversioner .dmg&wosid=7y63OOpiKpqU29Jqd3qmrK3AsD5

iphoneication
Sep 16, 2011, 03:17 PM
here ill help you.... Dev Center Resources take a look. :)

found it,, buried in resources page of osx,, damn,,

LlamaLarry
Sep 16, 2011, 03:28 PM
There is nothing new on my developer account. I don't know where you found this new build, but it certainly isn't on the developer site.Maybe look in the hidey hole marked "All Downloads" then choose the product you're looking for...

Or what everyone else already said - not exactly hidden...

heisetax
Sep 16, 2011, 03:53 PM
"This computer sucks! Think I'll give it to my Dad."

Sweet....

Maybe I could qualify as his Dad?

teknishn
Sep 16, 2011, 04:05 PM
Found it here as well... finally. Not sure whey they sort of buried it in there. Probably nothing to get excited about anyway. Hopefully we get a new iOS beta today with the voice to text toys turned on.

emt1
Sep 16, 2011, 04:06 PM
Wow there are some rude people in this thread.

heisetax
Sep 16, 2011, 04:08 PM
it probably is, but the delay in my jigrasp (finger swipes) makes it feel slower over all. jgrasp not running fast (and at times not running all) i have to wait before it becomes active again. it's just weird over all. this auto save and no save-as is a real drag when working on projects.

I can't believe i am saying this but 2 versions of lion would be nice, one meant for professionals.

There are also animations between things that take up time, like in ical i have to wait for the flap to turn to change the page. 12GB of Hard Drive space is being taken up by the back up partition, which really annoys me.

Compaq had that back when they had Windows 95/98 installed on their computers. It just makes rebuilding a damaged computer easier to rebuild. Just get yourself a 4 TB drive & forget about the for you wasted 12GB of hard disk space. It is good to have more than one partition on a hard drive. Many times only one hard drive partition will be bead. That means that less data is subject to the possible data loss on rebuilding. There's so many other ways that everyone probably wastes more hard disk space the 12GB seems minor unless you ar still running a 5 GB hard drive. Or maybe one of the old 5 MB hard drives of 1984/5 time frame.

phpmaven
Sep 16, 2011, 04:09 PM
Maybe look in the hidey hole marked "All Downloads" then choose the product you're looking for...

Or what everyone else already said - not exactly hidden...

Well, I would say it's buried pretty deep. Why on earth they didn't update it in the normal place is beyond me. Downloading it now.

bhdragon
Sep 16, 2011, 04:10 PM

Yep, real "Know-it-alls"...that's the nice version. :rolleyes:

sh4ne
Sep 16, 2011, 04:17 PM

wasn't being rude. and if you were a true dev for many years you know where to look... it was just found..im sure it takes time to be pushed out to the right sub sites. plus every time i install a update i get the email a day later so there are a lot of people here that look for these updates hourly. :)

Sep 16, 2011, 07:31 PM
I'm loving this release already. OS X 10.7.2 truly is magical and revolutionary.

deannnnn
Sep 16, 2011, 07:51 PM
I'm glad they're working on iChat. I've been having issues ever since upgrading to Lion on launch.

Plas00
Sep 17, 2011, 12:15 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I hope this fixes the syncing problem with iCal and the cloud.

Mr.Jobs
Sep 17, 2011, 01:19 AM
Good.

RichardBeer
Sep 17, 2011, 01:38 AM
Like always, I will reiterate the hope for an updated OpenGL implementation, but I am beginning to doubt that we will ever see this. A full 3.1 implementation should have been present in 10.7.0.

Apple's graphics cards are crippled under OS X due to this, and it's seriously putting me off getting another mac.

Ritsuka
Sep 17, 2011, 02:02 AM
A full 3.2 implementation is already in 10.7.0. I don't know why you are saying it isn't.

callme
Sep 17, 2011, 02:13 AM
wasn't being rude. and if you were a true dev for many years you know where to look... it was just found..im sure it takes time to be pushed out to the right sub sites. plus every time i install a update i get the email a day later so there are a lot of people here that look for these updates hourly. :)

Yes you were.

wizard
Sep 17, 2011, 02:30 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Actually if you run the WebKit dailies you will find that many of the rough spots in the Lion Safari release are either fixed or significantly less of a problem. That doesn't mean the WebKit nightlies are perfect just that they are working hard on Safari.

mdriftmeyer
Sep 17, 2011, 04:27 AM
A full 3.2 implementation is already in 10.7.0. I don't know why you are saying it isn't.

Not to mention the 3.3 will bring the simultaneous 4.0 minimum in OpenGL but I don't think Apple will just go for 4.0 when they can target up to 4.2 at the same time they bring out 3.3.

AdeFowler
Sep 17, 2011, 06:05 AM

It's how it is on MacRumors now :(

Phazer
Sep 17, 2011, 06:18 AM
Have you filed a bug report?

Unfortunately I'm not a developer.:(
But loads of people incuding me have been having wifi issues since Lion came out, that have not been fixed with 10.7.1 even though in the change-log it stated that the issue had been fixed.
I had to go back to snow leopard because of this problem.
I've tryied writing to Apple, but it looks like it didn't work..

flooce
Sep 17, 2011, 09:29 AM
As 10.7.2 is the iCloud release, I bet Apple does not focus too much on the performance and stability improvements in Lion. Better be waiting for 10.7.3 or 10.7.4 for the upgrade from Snow Leopard.

iluomo
Sep 17, 2011, 10:43 AM
I see society & the way that it wants us to live, and I do the complete opposite and walk my own path

Guess what? "Walking my own path" is the way a significant portion of this society wants you to live. It's called "the rugged individualist" and has a long history in America society. So, sorry bud! There's no escaping our need to be part of the collective, even in being an "individualist". Apple exploits this cultural theme constantly in their marketing, which is likely part of why you've been sucked into their orbit. That and the fact that they make some cool shaite! ;)

Sorry, just couldn't resist pointing this out. We now return to our regularly schedule Mac obsessed programming.

phpmaven
Sep 17, 2011, 11:30 AM

Wow! A "true" dev! Man, I hope I can make it to your level some day. :rolleyes:

Cougarcat
Sep 17, 2011, 12:32 PM

Actually if you run the WebKit dailies you will find that many of the rough spots in the Lion Safari release are either fixed or significantly less of a problem. That doesn't mean the WebKit nightlies are perfect just that they are working hard on Safari.

Do the nightly builds fix the annoying random tab reloads?

But loads of people incuding me have been having wifi issues since Lion came out, that have not been fixed with 10.7.1 even though in the change-log it stated that the issue had been fixed.

You can report the bug here (http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html).
(Feedback type: Bug Report.)

ataboc
Sep 17, 2011, 01:24 PM
I'm ready.

atlatnesiti
Sep 17, 2011, 04:21 PM
F...k the NDA, enough is enough...
Safari still accepts cookies and web data regardless of privacy settings...
Can't believe that this issue hasn't been addressed since the initial lion release!
So much for security and privacy on OS X?!
Looks like iCloud development has clouded devs minds...
So far 5 bug submitions in regards to this issue and still no fix!
What's the point of beta testing if Apple devs don't respond/care/fix issues?!

macrumorschamp
Sep 17, 2011, 04:58 PM
Try to drag and drop an app into the trash with the latest build and see what surprise you get. I used to have to download a separate app for this and now it's built in! Probably not as thorough, but still! Pleasant surprise.

atlatnesiti
Sep 17, 2011, 05:22 PM
Try to drag and drop an app into the trash with the latest build and see what surprise you get. I used to have to download a separate app for this and now it's built in! Probably not as thorough, but still! Pleasant surprise.

Old news I'm afraid...
Btw; How do you like to receive all cookies and web data regardless of your privacy settings... Or you just don't care?

burtba
Sep 17, 2011, 05:27 PM
As far as I'm concerned they can take as much time as needed to sort out 10.7.2, so long as the plethora of bugs are addressed. I just want my old MacBook Pro back please.
I fear that with the introduction of iCloud, IOS5 and a few other features that the focus would be taken away from all the bugs. I understand many people have not seen any bugs with their setups, but many many more have, and its really annoying. Currently my MBP is the most like a Windows laptop that I have ever seen.
So fingers crossed.

Datalinks
Sep 17, 2011, 07:46 PM
What's the point of iCloud if we cannot stay connected to the internet? For heaven's sake apple, just fix the wifi bug. :mad:

The Past
Sep 17, 2011, 11:56 PM

I don't notice anything different from 10.7.1. Will you please elaborate?

petvas
Sep 18, 2011, 12:37 AM
I don't notice anything different from 10.7.1. Will you please elaborate?

I agree. There is nothing new in this build.

daveslc
Sep 18, 2011, 01:45 AM
Does Address book still have the stupid interface? Do they give you the option of the 3 column display?

Does Mail still suck?

jennyp
Sep 18, 2011, 02:44 AM
what's the point of icloud if we cannot stay connected to the internet? For heaven's sake apple, just fix the wifi bug. :mad:

+1 !!!

saschke
Sep 18, 2011, 03:31 AM

The whole bluetooth stack seems to be fixed in the 10.7.2 builds, meaning way better bluetooth connectivity (A2DP mainly). I'm looking forward to upgrading my system

seamer
Sep 18, 2011, 03:37 AM
Compaq had that back when they had Windows 95/98 installed on their computers. It just makes rebuilding a damaged computer easier to rebuild. Just get yourself a 4 TB drive & forget about the for you wasted 12GB of hard disk space. It is good to have more than one partition on a hard drive. Many times only one hard drive partition will be bead. That means that less data is subject to the possible data loss on rebuilding. There's so many other ways that everyone probably wastes more hard disk space the 12GB seems minor unless you ar still running a 5 GB hard drive. Or maybe one of the old 5 MB hard drives of 1984/5 time frame.

Slicing out a harddrive into partitions won't do you a lot of good if the drive fails. You still want to have the recovery partition, sure, and in Lion and recent hardware it's not even big enough to be worried about. Even the small drives found in the Air or MBP won't notice the space used by the internet recovery option.

wesleyh
Sep 18, 2011, 04:15 AM
Anyone know if loosing the internet connection when you come out of sleep is fixed?

keitak
Sep 18, 2011, 05:45 AM
I had to go back to snow leopard because of this problem.
I've tryied writing to Apple, but it looks like it didn't work..

I've been having troubles connecting to a WPA2 Enterprise network, I thought it was something silly like signal strength. I'll file a bug report when I can reproduce it.

Phazer
Sep 18, 2011, 06:18 AM
I've been having troubles connecting to a WPA2 Enterprise network, I thought it was something silly like signal strength. I'll file a bug report when I can reproduce it.

I've also filed a bug report.
I hope they will address this issue so I can go back to Lion

MrNomNoms
Sep 18, 2011, 07:33 AM
I've also filed a bug report.
I hope they will address this issue so I can go back to Lion

I've just installed 11c57 and lots of frameworks and extensions have been updated. The graphics drivers have all been upgraded, broadcom wifi driver is upgraded, safari 5.1.1 also upgraded etc. In others it is a pretty significant upgrade/update with some noticeable performance tweaks.

Jerome Morrow
Sep 18, 2011, 08:36 AM

Yeah they released it just for fun.

Phazer
Sep 18, 2011, 09:18 AM
I've just installed 11c57 and lots of frameworks and extensions have been updated. The graphics drivers have all been upgraded, broadcom wifi driver is upgraded, safari 5.1.1 also upgraded etc. In others it is a pretty significant upgrade/update with some noticeable performance tweaks.

This is all good news, but does the wifi work correctly now?

axu539
Sep 18, 2011, 09:54 AM

I don't know about others, but mine is still dropping. Haven't tested quite enough to see if the frequency has decreased, but it's definitely there.

MrNomNoms
Sep 18, 2011, 10:14 AM

For me it has always worked - I would suggest you check your router, check your neighbours and what frequency they use - Wifi unfortunately isn't an exact science - what might have worked in one time might not necessarily work in all scenarios.

Phazer
Sep 18, 2011, 11:01 AM
For me it has always worked - I would suggest you check your router, check your neighbours and what frequency they use - Wifi unfortunately isn't an exact science - what might have worked in one time might not necessarily work in all scenarios.

It has always worked perfectly with every device, including my MBP with snow leopard, iphone, and other pcs in the house.
My neighbours' wifi does not reach my house so I doubt that could me the problem.
The problem exists only with Lion, infact I've gone back to snow leopard and it works flawlessly.
Probably it depends on the wifi chip installed in some macs.
Mine is a late 2009 MBP

Cougarcat
Sep 18, 2011, 12:04 PM
Mine is a late 2009 MBP

I don't think it does. I had the problem at my partent's on my 2010 MBP, went home and it was fine. We both have the same router, same security settings, same firmware. Very strange.

Sankersizzle
Sep 18, 2011, 12:13 PM
Anyone know if loosing the internet connection when you come out of sleep is fixed?

I would also like to know this, literally every time my Mac wakes up it loses WiFi for a bit. Between this and the battery life issues, I've shelved my MBP.

zin
Sep 18, 2011, 01:01 PM
Are there new graphics drivers in 10.7.2? Perhaps drivers which solve the poor UI performance which can be experienced on some pre-2011 Macs?

MacinDoc
Sep 18, 2011, 05:01 PM
Is everyone still hating Lion? I've been holding off on upgrading because of all the negative comments I've read.

MartiNZ
Sep 18, 2011, 05:57 PM
Well if they're not they should be - and with the focus on iCloud with this update I would say .3 or .4 for proper bug & feature fixes, and any battery life issue fixes for that matter :).

Personally I don't think Lion will ever get to a point where I will want to use it. Snow Leopard should have been called shark because Lion is when they jumped it.

frankjl
Sep 18, 2011, 09:51 PM
Personally I don't think Lion will ever get to a point where I will want to use it. Snow Leopard should have been called shark because Lion is when they jumped it.

OMG that was so lame.

Spooner83
Sep 18, 2011, 10:28 PM
Why do y'all. Hate Lion? I've had it since the first day and I haven't had any problems

MartiNZ
Sep 18, 2011, 11:10 PM
OMG that was so lame.

Thanks I voted you up for that :D.

mrklaw
Sep 19, 2011, 05:55 AM
Are there new graphics drivers in 10.7.2? Perhaps drivers which solve the poor UI performance which can be experienced on some pre-2011 Macs?

or drivers which solve lack of 1080p support on many displays under lion? Or the cutting out of digital audio out?

as someone who bought a new mini as a HTPC, its rapidly becoming the least used device in my house because of this.

vansouza
Sep 19, 2011, 07:34 AM
Is everyone still hating Lion? I've been holding off on upgrading because of all the negative comments I've read.

There really are some decisions you have to make for yourself! And really, believe me, not "everyone" hates Lion. Mercy...

MrNomNoms
Sep 19, 2011, 08:09 AM
It has always worked perfectly with every device, including my MBP with snow leopard, iphone, and other pcs in the house.
My neighbours' wifi does not reach my house so I doubt that could me the problem.
The problem exists only with Lion, infact I've gone back to snow leopard and it works flawlessly.
Mine is a late 2009 MBP

How far you from the router? Ive got two airport extremes and both are working ok with all of my devices. As I noted, wifi is not an exact science - the slightest change in the software stack can make all the difference. I am wondering though whether it has to do with the power saving settings apple uses in lion are overly aggressive where you may save power but if you're on the edges of coverage it is more likely to drop out.

DaffyDuck
Sep 19, 2011, 02:01 PM
or drivers which solve lack of 1080p support on many displays under lion? Or the cutting out of digital audio out?

as someone who bought a new mini as a HTPC, its rapidly becoming the least used device in my house because of this.

I haven't installed and tested it yet but the Thunderbolt software update includes new graphics drivers so it's very possible that other fixes are rolled into that. I'm hopeful because my new Mac Mini Server is not performing up to my standards at this point.

yojitani
Sep 19, 2011, 10:16 PM
I just stopped by to see if there was any news about the 10.7.2 update fixing wi-fi. Apparently, it's been asked several times now. This is such an irritating issue!