PDA

View Full Version : [They're not] Pismo & Lombard top case (monitor) interchangeable?

Loa
Sep 17, 2011, 08:01 AM
Hello,

I just got my hands on a fully functional Pismo and Lombard for less than 100$. I'm planning on getting the Pismo up to speed: 1GB ram and OWC legacy SSD. Trouble is: the hinge on the Pismo is quite loose, and the one on the Lombard is like new.

Can I simply switch the screens? Are they identical on both models?

Loa

Marcush1286
Sep 17, 2011, 08:39 AM
Hi,

Yes, I believe the two screens are similar so that you may be able to switch one out for the other. But, I would see how much a Pismo screen would cost. Although I have a Pismo, I've never owned a Lombard so I am not too sure, but my guess is that the screens are similar in design to each other.

Hello,

I just got my hands on a fully functional Pismo and Lombard for less than 100$. I'm planning on getting the Pismo up to speed: 1GB ram and OWC legacy SSD. Trouble is: the hinge on the Pismo is quite loose, and the one on the Lombard is like new.

Can I simply switch the screens? Are they identical on both models?

Loa

Loa
Sep 17, 2011, 10:16 AM
Hello,

The cost of the screen "could" be decent, but add the 30$ shipping (to Canada) and it makes less sense. Since I have the perfect Lombard screen, I may try to switch the entire thing.

[Edit] The Airport antenna would prevent any simple swapping. Looks like I'm going to have to dismantle the hinges and switch only those...

Loa