Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
i upgraded to chrome 14 yesterday and it still doesnt have the 2 finger swipe between pages? does it need to be enabled or what?

2 finger swipe swipes between the osx's Space and not chrome's pages.

guicane

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
London, UK
2 finger swipe now works for me on v14, it didn't before on 13.

Unfortunately it doesn't have the cool animation like Safari does. :(

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
im talking about the magic mouse, i know it works with the trackpad,

2 finger swipe for the magic mouse is what i wanted, it worked in snow leopard, why doesnt it work on Lion and with the latest Chrome 14 especially?

naix

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2010
2 finger swipe works for me. No animation but Chrome dev has the animation.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
2 finger swipe?

what dont you understand? Swiping with TWO FINGERS to either left or right to go back and forward with pages in GOOGLE CHROME,

my question is, does that work with google CHROME 14 and the magic mouse?

i dont mind about the animation at all, i just want it to go back and forward with 2 finger swipe, does that work with chrome 14 with, i repeat the magic mouse?

bill-p

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2011
Try one-finger swipe instead?

If you insist on using two, try enabling two-finger swipe for page back/forward in System Preferences.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Try one-finger swipe instead?

If you insist on using two, try enabling two-finger swipe for page back/forward in System Preferences.

one finger swipe doesnt do anything in chrome 14 with the magic mouse, do i need to set a setting for that to work?

I have Swipe between pages set to ONE FINGER under the Mouse's Settings in system preferences. but nothing happens when i swipe with one finger right or left with my magic mouse in chrome 14

bill-p

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2011
In that case, try submitting to the dev channel of Chrome. Chrome 15 in the dev channel has one-finger swipe support on Lion.

Alternatively, you can just enable two-finger swipe under Mouse settings to navigate between pages.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
In that case, try submitting to the dev channel of Chrome. Chrome 15 in the dev channel has one-finger swipe support on Lion.

Alternatively, you can just enable two-finger swipe under Mouse settings to navigate between pages.

you are wrong and just posting false information, i already told u that in system preferences i have two finger swipe ENABLED aswell as one finger swipe ENABLED to move between pages, but none of these work with the magic mouse chrome 14, i tried disabling the two finger swipe aswell so that it doesnt swipe between pages, still two finger swipe doesnt do anything in chrome.

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
Using Chrome 14 and the Magic Mouse here......

The ONLY settings that work to swipe in Chrome for me are:

Swipe between pages:
Swipe left or right with two fingers
-or-
Swipe with one or two fingers

HOWEVER, swiping with one finger NEVER works in Chrome.....never has for me.

BTW....in order for this to work you have to uncheck the option Swipe between fullscreen apps

-Kevin

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2011
Does anyone know if Google will ever add the nice animation like on Safari? Included the rubber band effect scrolling?

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2011
Based on your comment, I just downloaded the canary to try it out.

Yes, there is rubberband effect, but it's slightly buggy and doesn't scroll as smoothly as in Safari.

There is animation for 2-finger swipe but it's not anywhere as cool as Safari's. The speed is good and play nicely with my google account (which i use for bookmarks, mails, calendar and contacts), so it's a definite plus. I just wish the animation is as cool.

Btw, I am starting to believe the rolling beach ball (happens in safari and chrome) is either related to Lion or my wireless network. But other devices works fine!

bully worm

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2009
Based on your comment, I just downloaded the canary to try it out.

Yes, there is rubberband effect, but it's slightly buggy and doesn't scroll as smoothly as in Safari.

There is animation for 2-finger swipe but it's not anywhere as cool as Safari's. The speed is good and play nicely with my google account (which i use for bookmarks, mails, calendar and contacts), so it's a definite plus. I just wish the animation is as cool.

Btw, I am starting to believe the rolling beach ball (happens in safari and chrome) is either related to Lion or my wireless network. But other devices works fine!

Yeah I definitely wish Google will implement the animation into Chrome.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Using Chrome 14 and the Magic Mouse here......

The ONLY settings that work to swipe in Chrome for me are:

Swipe between pages:
Swipe left or right with two fingers
-or-
Swipe with one or two fingers

HOWEVER, swiping with one finger NEVER works in Chrome.....never has for me.

BTW....in order for this to work you have to uncheck the option Swipe between fullscreen apps

-Kevin

Thank u so much man, that works! thats the answer i was looking for, thanks again man.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.