Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IA04

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
Long time lurker, first time poster. Two weeks ago I recieved my 11 inch MBA 128GB with the i7 processor and it has worked flawlessly until today. It is my first mac, and I was prepared to love it. However, now when I turn on my computer everything works as it should for a few minutes before I am given the colorwheel until my computer gets hot and I have to turn it off. While the color wheel spins, I am not able to open any apps or use finder. It just sits in limbo with the only action I am able to do is move the cursor. Anyone with any ideas what culd be going on? Thanks in advance

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
Next time you start up the computer, immediately run Activity Monitor (it's in Applications/Utilities). That should tell you if some program or process is tying up the CPU. Since you're new to Mac OS, though, it might be easier to take your MBA to an Apple Store or dealer to look at, if that's an option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.