Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bucckevin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2011
I know people have been having problems with their wifi after installing Lion but has anyone had their wifi card die because of Lion? So my macbook pro has been fine up until recently when I decided to install Lion. It worked fine on the first day but the next day when I turned it on, it said wifi no hardware installed but my bluetooth is still working. I tried everything that was suggested, reset SMC, PRAM, pulled battery, restarted, turned off bluetooth , reinstall snow leopard but nothing worked. I booted up Windows 7 but my wifi was still not detected. I opened the laptop and the wifi connector is secured so I think my wifi card is dead.

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
I know people have been having problems with their wifi after installing Lion but has anyone had their wifi card die because of Lion? So my macbook pro has been fine up until recently when I decided to install Lion. It worked fine on the first day but the next day when I turned it on, it said wifi no hardware installed but my bluetooth is still working. I tried everything that was suggested, reset SMC, PRAM, pulled battery, restarted, turned off bluetooth , reinstall snow leopard but nothing worked. I booted up Windows 7 but my wifi was still not detected. I opened the laptop and the wifi connector is secured so I think my wifi card is dead.

If it's still covered, you might want to call Apple. The fact that it died when using Lion, doesn't mean Lion is the cause. It's possible the card just went bad, it happens....

Hugh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.