Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mamema

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
I'm fairly sure that this has been asked before, but i'm failing to find something about it.

My macbook 13' is lacking the real estate to show all the menubar icons. Of course i can move around the built in icons, and hide some of the 3rd party icons, but i want to go another route.
Is it possible, perhaps with a 3rd party tool to kinda group the menubar icons in a submenu? So i can access them like in a normal drop down menu?

regards

mamema

eric/

Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
I'm fairly sure that this has been asked before, but i'm failing to find something about it.

My macbook 13' is lacking the real estate to show all the menubar icons. Of course i can move around the built in icons, and hide some of the 3rd party icons, but i want to go another route.
Is it possible, perhaps with a 3rd party tool to kinda group the menubar icons in a submenu? So i can access them like in a normal drop down menu?

regards

mamema

Not 100% sure if all the links here work, but you might be able to find what you're looking for here:

http://menu.jeweledplatypus.org/

otherwise I suggest doing a Google search to see if you can come up with anything.

mamema

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
thanks for the link.
Unfortunately i already find this pape via google and its nothing included what i'm looking for.
As mentioned, i have already tried google extensively to no avail. Because of that i'm asking here.

regards

mamema

nuno.bett

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2011
thanks for the link.
As mentioned, i have already tried google extensively to no avail. Because of that i'm asking here.

I've been looking for the same answer as you. I wonder if we're the only ones having this difficulty, I don't believe so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.