Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wannabe1988

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2011
Dear fellow forumers. I am currently having trouble installing windows 7 on my second hard disk as whenever I restart my laptop after the bootcamp assistant has made a partition in the HDD, instead of going into windows installation, my laptop screen shows a blank/black screen with a blinking dash at the top corner. I am currently using a 15" macbook pro 2011, installed an OWC ssd as my primary hard drive where I run my os Lion and windows (in another partition). Due to insufficient disk space with the applications in both OS, i am now attempting to install a second windows 7 in a second hard drive which I split the HDD equally into two partitions (one formatted for windows installation and the other for data storage). Just for the information, I am also installing the windows 7 via an external optical drive.

I have been running out of wits as I have been researching whole night about possible oslution but it seems that my problem is quite a peculiar one. Will really appreciat any help that I could receive.

lastly, is it possible to run parallel desktop from my ssd (Primary hard drive) and then attempt to import the bootcamp from my second hard drive?

wannabe1988

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2011
Help

will be glad if someone could real help as I have been trying very hard to look for solution for the past few days. Thank you in advance

wannabe1988

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2011
I had the same problem with Windows 7 on a separate hard drive in my Mac Pro. Then I reformatted the drive for NTFS it would install and work good.

Thank you for the reply. After struggling for a long time, I have decided to remove my ssd and place the HDD in the main HD slot. Install mac and then bootcamp. Now both my SDD and HDD have mac and wins. Parallel desktop recognised both virtual machines which are actually bootcamps in different hard disk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.