Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Even as the broader markets are down so far today, Apple's stock price is up a healthy 2.4% over Friday's close, pushing the stock price to an all-time high of over $410 per share. The jump has pushed Apple's market capitalization to $380 billion, giving the company an approximately $25 billion cushion over second-place Exxon Mobil in the rankings of most valuable companies.

aapl_410_19sep11.jpg

Apple's recent stock performance is evidence of the faith the markets have in Apple even as Tim Cook has officially replaced Steve Jobs as CEO. Apple's stock price initially dropped 5% in after-hours trading following Jobs' resignation but rebounded during regular trading the next day to close down only a fraction of a percentage point. Since that time nearly four weeks ago, Apple's stock is up 15% and is now higher than it had ever been under Jobs.

Article Link: Apple's Stock Price Tops $410 to Reach All-Time High

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
The jump in stock price might have something to do with invites going out soon maybe, one can hope!

epiksol

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2011
Miami, FL
The jump in stock price might have something to do with invites going out soon maybe, one can hope!

I believe so. I just posted a similar comment in the previous article. Wall Street insiders normally have more insight than the general public.

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
So you both sold shares today after it reached its new peak?

Even if I don't sell them, they still belong to me. I never said I will buy more Apple products now. It's not because it fluctuates that it doesn't represent my money. The USD currency fluctuates too, and you can still call it your money.

And what if I decided to sell some shares today? It's my business, I don't know what's up with the downvoting to be honest.

Do you have any understanding of investment strategies?

I'm pretty sure he was joking.

----------

I'll wait for it to go up another $50, then I'll start buying.

EFG.gif

To anyone downvoting this guy:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/epic-fail-guy

iPad 3

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2011
Yes people did, even if they were obviously wrong even at the time.

No, he hasn't left Apple, but he left as the CEO.

Don't play smartass, you know what he meant.

lol, its not a case of being a smart arse, its a case of pointing out what the guy said is flatout wrong, steve never left, no two ways about it, he said he did.

murdoc158

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2007
West Bend, WI
How does the average person go about buying stock in Apple? You can't just go to the iTunes store and add stock to your cart (although this would be awesome). Seems silly to sign up for something like Fidelity just to buy stock in 1 or 2 companies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.