Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
My classmates and I created a Google Groups group, which gives us a single email address that forwards to everyone in the group. It's great for when one of us needs to update everyone instantly on class matters.

I was hoping to also create a Google Calendar calendar and share it with that group email address, so that all of us can just click a link and access a group calendar, creating and updating events so that we are all always up to date.

I added that xxxx@googlegroups.com email address but the invitation was never sent. What's the best way to share a Google Calendar with a group of about twenty people? I'd prefer to not make it public as Google offers. Is there any way it can be shared using the Google Groups group email address?

Finally, is there any way to create sub-calendars in Google Calendar, akin to nested tags in Gmail? That way I would just be sharing one of my actual calendars (since I have other calendars in Google Calendar for personal, family, and work events) with all of the sub-calendars (one for each class). Thanks for any technical help or advice!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.