PDA

View Full Version : Tiger killed my powerbook 12"

alexprice
Apr 29, 2005, 04:09 PM
I put the tiger disk in the drive, clicked restart when prompted, the computer restarted to black screen, no restart tone, nothing.

I have tryed powering on with the eject key held down for mins at a time, ive done that loads of times now. PRAM resets dont work, holding the mouse button down when powering on also doesnt help. Ive even tried a PMU reset as a final thing to try.

Now im stuck, any good ideas out there?

Many thanks,
Alex Price

Josh396
Apr 29, 2005, 04:33 PM
The only thing I could think of is to call Apple.

whooleytoo
Apr 29, 2005, 04:51 PM
Not sure.. is there a manual eject 'pinhole' with on that model Powerbook?

Have had a few problems with Tiger too - the installer noted there was another user logged in, but failed to log them out. I ended up having to quit and relaunch the installer.

And everytime I hot-plug another USB mouse and click it, the keyboard and mouse freeze up - I have to plug both out and in again to get them to work.

Mitthrawnuruodo
Apr 29, 2005, 04:58 PM
Try unplugging the power cord and remove the battery for a few minutes, put the battery and powercord back and see if it reacts to the power button...

Edit: Also, it's a good idea to perform the Tiger install/upgrade without any external devices connected, like a USB mouse...

keysersoze
Apr 29, 2005, 05:30 PM
Try unplugging the power cord and remove the battery for a few minutes, put the battery and powercord back and see if it reacts to the power button...

Edit: Also, it's a good idea to perform the Tiger install/upgrade without any external devices connected, like a USB mouse...

Install without a mouse? how's about a keyboard? or monitor?

:D

Thunderpuppy
Apr 29, 2005, 05:34 PM
Bought the family pack and have put it on my daughters Emac, my Imac and my wife's mac-mini. No problems what-so-ever. Good Luck to all!!

Mitthrawnuruodo
Apr 29, 2005, 05:36 PM
Install without a mouse? how's about a keyboard? or monitor?

:DWell, a PowerBook 12" has screen, keyboard and trackpad built-in... :rolleyes: