PDA

View Full Version : Last Day for Back To School Promo!

stark4
Sep 19, 2011, 08:52 PM
This is a friendly reminder. Tomorrow is the Last Day for Back to school sale. I'm getting my MBA 13" tomorrow early morning. Anyone getting theirs tomorrow (9/20/11) ?

Airforcekid
Sep 19, 2011, 09:05 PM
You can still get the discount just not the $100 gift card.

meaty
Sep 19, 2011, 10:45 PM
is there a discount for applecare? what if i already bought an air?

rondo22
Sep 19, 2011, 11:17 PM
Just got my 11" today and sold the gift card on ebay in about 20 mins for $90 with buy it now. Not bad deal if you don't need the card and want to save another $90.

hks777
Sep 20, 2011, 12:40 AM
This is a friendly reminder. Tomorrow is the Last Day for Back to school sale. I'm getting my MBA 13" tomorrow early morning. Anyone getting theirs tomorrow (9/20/11) ?

yes but i don't know if it is going to be a mba or mbp

deeddawg
Sep 20, 2011, 07:09 AM
is there a discount for applecare? what if i already bought an air?

Yes. Irrelevant.

Info is easy enough to find: store.apple.com and click on "Education" then "Mac Accessories" then "Macbook / MacBookAir/ 13" Macbook Pro"

As it says on the site, AppleCare can be purchased while under standard one-year warranty -- i.e. you can wait until the 11th month of ownership. Only thing you miss out on is being able to use the telephone technical support in months 4 through 11.

Many suggest waiting until close to the end of the initial one year warranty before buying Applecare. Reason being many things can happen in that first year -- you might sell the Macbook to upgrade to a different one, you might lose it or drop it or somesuch.

I expect this has been discussed to death in other threads, a quick search on "should I buy Applecare" out to provide hours of reading. :D

stark4
Sep 20, 2011, 10:10 AM
off to apple store.. yay!

KPOM
Sep 20, 2011, 10:24 AM
off to apply store.. yay!

What are you going to apply it to? :D

I thought maybe you were going to Apple Story, but that's been closed. Also, I thought you were going early in the morning? ;-)

stark4
Sep 20, 2011, 10:26 AM
What are you going to apply it to? :D

I thought maybe you were going to Apple Story, but that's been closed.

lol fixed the typo.. i was so excited..haha

riveting
Sep 20, 2011, 10:54 AM
How much fee do you have to pay to ebay and paypal, I mean how much is the net to you price you get.
Just got my 11" today and sold the gift card on ebay in about 20 mins for $90 with buy it now. Not bad deal if you don't need the card and want to save another $90.

deeddawg
Sep 20, 2011, 11:10 AM
How much fee do you have to pay to ebay and paypal, I mean how much is the net to you price you get.

Fees depend a little on how you list the item, good source of info:
http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/Feecalculator.html

Take off another 2.9% for paypal.

Also check out: http://www.rolbe.com/ebay.htm