PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Air vs Samsung SSD

ryan.apham
Sep 20, 2011, 11:47 AM
I have read somewhere that Apple will kick Samsung out of the league in the production of future iPhone chips. Additionally, they have been suing each other a couple of times.

Could there be a possibility that future MacBook Airs will come with Toshiba or whatsoever SSD company? Or even better, OWC, Crucial, Intel :D?

Considering that the current Samsung SSD is speedier than the Toshiba counterpart.

On the side note, I am a very contended owner of an MBA with a Samsung SSD installed inside :D.

Hellhammer
Sep 20, 2011, 11:51 AM
Business isn't a game of feelings. As much as Samsung and Apple may hate each other, they will still do business if it turns out to be a good deal for both parties. I don't see Apple abandoning Samsung because of their legal disputes, those are normal for big companies.

lukekarts
Sep 21, 2011, 09:27 AM
Whilst it is unlikely Samsung will be 'dumped', Apple are one of the few companies in the world who have the power and wealth to manipulate the market so I'd not rule it out.

I would not be surprised to see Intel start to manufacture SSD's for Apple in the future. They have a good reputation and both companies appear to have a good relationship; I'd anticipate the main barrier right now is cost but that could easily be overcome.