PDA

View Full Version : alternate location to buy ACME Skinny Sleeve (or similar) for cheaper?

gnychis
Sep 20, 2011, 01:50 PM
I went to the Apple store and I very much liked the ACME Skinny Sleeve. But, I think it (like many cases), is extremely overpriced at $40.

Has anyone been able to find this product available elsewhere for cheaper? (13" model). Or, has anyone been able to find a similar product?

Pipper99
Sep 20, 2011, 02:24 PM
I went to the Apple store and I very much liked the ACME Skinny Sleeve. But, I think it (like many cases), is extremely overpriced at $40.

Has anyone been able to find this product available elsewhere for cheaper? (13" model). Or, has anyone been able to find a similar product?

I've searched, too, but no luck anywhere.

accessoriesguy
Sep 20, 2011, 05:34 PM
I got this for my sister, its not as thin probably, it feels like it has a little cushion (I liked the feel). what nice is if you put it in your backpack, you can pop it open and take it without having to take out the entire case to release the mac.

I saw those skinny sleeves just have a little hinge thing to release, that would make me feel unsafe, this case is probably a little better at offering protection, it may not be skinny but it is a lot cheaper.

13in macbook air sleeve (http://www.cellularfactory.com/fulldet.jsp?d=50111&a=857)

blulite
Sep 21, 2011, 05:38 AM
I'm really loving my Skinny Sleeve. I agree its a little costly, but it fits like a glove, is tapered exactly as the Air is. I've not seen anything that's even close. I bought the Air with its sleek styling in mind, I thought I might as well keep that in my when getting a cover to carry it around.

gnychis
Sep 22, 2011, 11:05 AM
okay, I decided to bite the bullet and get it at the apple store. I love it so far. It fits great, and it provides nice padded protection. May be worth the cost.

DarwinOSX
Sep 22, 2011, 08:51 PM
Belkin sleeve.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=13392257#post13392257

I'd like the Acme as well. I'm just tired of paying so much for cases and sleeves.