PDA

View Full Version : Does the velcro last long on the Waterfield SleeveCase?

daonesteven
Sep 20, 2011, 03:29 PM
I got one and I'm kinda hesitant to close the velcro all the time since I'm afraid it won't last as long. How durable are these things?

IngerMan
Sep 20, 2011, 03:56 PM
I got one and I'm kinda hesitant to close the velcro all the time since I'm afraid it won't last as long. How durable are these things?

My father has been wearing the same velcro tennis shoes for 3 years :D

I would not worry about any quality, durability issues with Waterfield product. I own the sleeve, cargo bag, and wallet. Great product

Gregintosh
Sep 20, 2011, 04:21 PM
Waterfield cases and bags are SOLID. I have been using them since about 2007, and they have been awesome.

I currently own a MBA sleeve case, which is new. And also I have had my iPad 2 sleevecase since a week or two after the iPad 2 launched (When they got them in stock). They hold up very well and are very durable.

For the bag, I have the Vertigo bag, and I don't remember which size (but I think I made sure it fits a 13" Air) but it was around $100 (+/-$10) when I got it in 2009.

I used to own a bag and sleeve case for my 1st gen macbook air (which I sold along with the MBA) and I used them heavily for school for a long while. When I sold them, the case and the bag still looked brand new. The ballistic nylon they use for their stuff seems to be very durable and easy to take care of.

Their stuff is quite expensive but from my personal experience it is worth every penny. Also, their service is great too. When I got the iPad 2 case it didn't fit right so they sent me another one and let me keep the first one (which my wife now uses to store her kindle).

daonesteven
Sep 20, 2011, 04:54 PM
oh yea I've definitely heard that the quality of their bags are top notch, but just the velcro in particular was what I was worried about.

dmunz
Sep 20, 2011, 05:29 PM
oh yea I've definitely heard that the quality of their bags are top notch, but just the velcro in particular was what I was worried about.

If it fails I'm pretty sure they will replace it. I've got a couple of their bags and they are great.

FWIW
DLM

mpshay
Sep 20, 2011, 05:59 PM
I'm drilling using the iPad sleeve I got when the original iPad came out. Switched to iPad 2, but original WF product still going strong w/ no Velcro issues.

glen e
Sep 20, 2011, 06:34 PM
Velcro is Velcro.....I don't see the issue?

Roller
Sep 20, 2011, 10:03 PM
I've never had a problem with Velcro wearing out. And the WF bags and cases are great - I have two and often recommend them. They're pricey, but worth it, IMO.

hkim1983
Sep 20, 2011, 11:08 PM
I've used one for about 3 years now and it's still fine. Even if it were to "go" in the next year or so, I feel I've gotten my utility out of it, but I doubt that will happen.