Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ErinGoBragh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2005
Carrboro, NC
I am the proud new owner of a Powerbook G4 12"! I finally made the switch!!

Tiger is currently installing (has been for the past 20 minutes or so), and I'm beginning to think that I should have customized the install, as it is now installing Finnish....

I can't wait until it's done so I can play!

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
ErinGoBragh said:
I am the proud new owner of a Powerbook G4 12"! I finally made the switch!!

Tiger is currently installing (has been for the past 20 minutes or so), and I'm beginning to think that I should have customized the install, as it is now installing Finnish....

I can't wait until it's done so I can play!

Don't worry it's a big OS - it will be finished soon. Congratulations on the purchase - you'll never look back.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Single best investment (and some will hate me for this) will be a Microsoft optical wheel mouse*. Works great with the Mac, once you scroll you never go back. Myself, trackpads just don't agree with me, so the mouse is the first thing that gets added.

Well, OK you can use a Logitech or a MacAlly or whatever, But I buy MS mice in packs of 3 for $48. Hard to beat.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Congrats, and welcome to the "fold" (as in folding for the MR team) :D

You'll find that you will wonder why you never made the switch earlier!

I also agree about a wheeled mouse.

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
The 12" is a beautiful little machine, take care of it (or read the aluminum dent stories) and we look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
dferrara said:
The 12" is a beautiful little machine, take care of it (or read the aluminum dent stories) and we look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Love my PB 12"!

The only complaint is the fan noise/use if I wanted to use it for folding for the MR team.

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Apr 1, 2005
Welcome. I got a 12" PowerBook a few weeks ago and they are very very cool. I use it for both in university and at home so my PowerMac isnt getting much of a look in at the moment. I have the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse with mine and I think it is great. Anyway enjoy!

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Welcome aboard!

Don't forget to try hooking it to your TV (then shut the lid and open it)... there's lots of fun stuff to play with in Displays Preferences when connected to a TV. Not bad for watching movies either...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.