PDA

View Full Version : eMac 700

jchase2057
Sep 21, 2011, 09:31 AM
I just picked up a fully working 700Mhz eMac for 20 bucks. I put in a faster drive, maxed the ram and installed leopard. It's running leopard just fine with the usual turned off, dashboard etc. All is well with it except the DVD drive will only read iLife 05 DVD. Anything else it doesnt seem to recognize. Because of this I had to install Leopard using a different mac then swap drives. This is a minor problem and I will most likely add a super drive anyway. My main problem which isn't really a problem since it came that way is the usb 1.1. I am constantly transferring large amounts of data and I need something faster. So my question is do they make firewire to usb adapters so that I can continue to use my external seagate drive? Or better yet, is there a 2.5" enclosure that I can put my drive in that has both firewire and usb?

stroked
Sep 21, 2011, 10:30 AM
Or better yet, is there a 2.5" enclosure that I can put my drive in that has both firewire and usb?

Just search ebay. I found one for a 2.5" sata HDD. It was around $30, and come with all cables needed.