Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flat6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2004
The attached image explains it - when I've got multiple windows open of the same application, Mission control spaces some of them very close together... just a couple of pixels separation, making the one at the back very difficult to select.

Is there a fix? Some setting to increase the spacing? I mean, grouping windows is a good idea in theory, but the current implementation is maddening.

Thank you in advanced MacForums community :apple:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-09-17 at 3.45.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-09-17 at 3.45.26 PM.png
    418.2 KB · Views: 225

Steve's Barber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
You can't change this. Apple's spacing/sizing algorithm was coded by a high schooler I think. MC in general has all kinds of quirks. The best thing you can do is select one of those windows and swipe "down" so only those app windows will show. Then pick the one you want.

I often get windows covering up the entire top of the screen making it impossible to get to my other desktops. (Need to swipe until they appear).

The MC fiasco is amazing. Even more so are the fanboys that drool over it.

Dale Sorel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2003
Just using a regular mouse with a scroll wheel, if you just mouse over the windows then scroll up the windows will fly apart.

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.
Just using a regular mouse with a scroll wheel, if you just mouse over the windows then scroll up the windows will fly apart.

That is just a bandaid fix, kind of like the bumpers issued for the iphone 4 antennagate.

Mission Control needs to be re-worked, its clearly a poorly executed frankenstein method of combining expose and spaces.

wafl iron

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2007
Mission control has to give us "All Windows" back. I use all windows in SL about once per minute. It is critical to my work flow where i have about 3 apps running, and each app has about 3-4 windows open at a time. I understand i can use "App Windows", but unfortunately i don't have the luxury of a magic trackpad or magic mouse to make this feasible.

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.
understand i can use "App Windows", but unfortunately i don't have the luxury of a magic trackpad or magic mouse to make this feasible.

You mean fortunately. The trackpad and magic mouse are awful. In fact, if youre a pro user, either of those options would severely hinder your productivity even more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.