Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhetorique

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
Hi,

Contrary to other imac g3 shown in all the memory upgrade video i've watched , my memory is'nt located behind a small door with two screws, so i'd like to know if someone has a guide on how to upgrade the memory on imac g3 333 mhz (rev.c)

Also, whenever i move my imac a little bit, it doest want to restart immediately , i have to wait an hour. Let's say i work on the thing and turn it upside down and move it back to place, it wont boot up a couple minutes after, it will simply do nothing and i'll have to wait an hour or so. Is there some kind of protection or it is the effect of age ?

Thanks for your help .

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
the iMac G3 with the door to access the Ram are slot loading iMac G3 , yours is a tray loading
here thats the video you need

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-3IyCod59E

btw there is a second ram slot on the underside of the processor doughtercard , so right on the opposite site on the processor doughtercard as the ram slot shown in the video, to get the iMac to 512mb ram (the max that it can take 2 modules @256mb each) you need to access the second ram slot too

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.