PDA

View Full Version : iStat Temperature readings

hsouris
Sep 21, 2011, 01:03 PM
Hello,

I have been using iStat menus lately and I been monitoring the temperature in particular. The problem is I can't seem to understand what each and every one of these labels mean. For instance, this is the TMP Menu looks on my MBA 13"

http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=303212&stc=1&d=1316628136

Anyone knows what they stand for? Bjango says they don't know and that I should contact the manufacturer

impulse462
Sep 21, 2011, 02:22 PM
You should probably worry about the ones that will affect your usage. To learn about all of them, youll have to research/maybe use a little bit of common sense.

If you're not under/overclocking, you really have no reason to worry about voltages.

Your CPU A temperature is the temperature of the diode in your CPU. It is the most important reading. CPU 1/2 represent the temperature of the two physical cores in your CPU; also important.

If you don't know what anything else is, you really don't need to worry about what they mean, unless you have a specific reason to. If you just want to know, google is your friend.