PDA

View Full Version : Keep MacBook Air plugged in when using as a desktop?

Kendo
Sep 22, 2011, 01:55 PM
Do you keep the MacBook Air plugged in if you use it as a desktop? I do travel with it from time to time but it mainly sits at my desk as a desktop. I enjoy keeping it plugged in so that the screen brightness is maxed at all times but I also heard it is bad for the battery to keep it plugged in all the time.

What do you guys do?

reclusive46
Sep 22, 2011, 01:56 PM
Do you keep the MacBook Air plugged in if you use it as a desktop? I do travel with it from time to time but it mainly sits at my desk as a desktop. I enjoy keeping it plugged in so that the screen brightness is maxed at all times but I also heard it is bad for the battery to keep it plugged in all the time.

What do you guys do?

If you run the battery down to about 50% once a month you'll be fine.

GGJstudios
Sep 22, 2011, 01:57 PM

What do you guys do?
It's fine to keep it plugged in, just not all the time, as your battery needs to be exercised to stay healthy. You can also have your screen brightness to the max when on battery. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
Apple Notebook Battery FAQ (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9875442&postcount=23)