PDA

View Full Version : Best Sleeve for a Muzetto Carrying MBA 13?

rustyosaurus
Sep 22, 2011, 10:24 PM
I have a Muzetto for the MBA 13 on the way and I'm trying to find the best sleeve for it. I know the Muzetto has minimal, if any protection. I didn't want to go with the Sleevecase from Waterfield - seemed to big and bulky.

I'm deciding between the Be-ez LA Robe and the Incipio Orion Case.

Does anyone have experience with either of these for their Muzetto? Or possibly a better one? I'm looking for a slim, minimalist sleeve with moderate protection.

EDIT: I've tried the Incase Plus (?) without the zipper, but it was crazy thick, was near to impossible to get it in and out of the sleeve and it smelled like chemicals. Way too thick for me. I suppose there is also the Crumpler FUG? Wonder how easy/hard it is to get it in and out of the sleeve?

Thanks!

heydrew
Sep 23, 2011, 12:54 AM
I'm curious about this too. I'm part of the September 30th production run and, while I did order a slipcase as well, I would like to hear what others use inside their Muzettos.

rustyosaurus
Sep 23, 2011, 11:54 PM
anyone?

GekkePrutser
Sep 30, 2011, 07:02 AM
I'm always very happy with the Be.ez larobes. They're big, bulky but not that heavy and they're good protection because the padding is so thick and stiff. It's not a hardcase but it protects it better than neoprene in my experience. I've used them for years not on all my portables, some of which I did end up dropping but they were fine.

However I'm not sure if this will fit in the bag because they are bulky. For example, my 13" MacBook won't fit in a bag designed for a 13" with the LaRobe sleeve on it.

DarwinOSX
Oct 1, 2011, 04:27 PM
Acme sleeve is great.

kulimer
Oct 1, 2011, 06:31 PM
How much did you get it for?