PDA

View Full Version : UK MBA 13" real-world availability

Tim D
Sep 23, 2011, 06:09 AM
I've got a 13" MBA (4GB/128GB) on order through our usual IT supplier at work. It's quite important to us to be able to use a single supplier to avoid having to deal with multiple suppliers in order to save cost and time. The supplier is one of Apple's top 10 resellers, but they are seemingly not getting meaningful delivery estimates from Apple. I've tentatively spoken to another couple of resellers, and they advise that supply is unpredictable, but typically fulfilled within a fortnight. As expected, the Apple direct retail channels get first dibs at available stock.

I just wondered if anyone can share experience of a recent 13" MBA delivery timeframe via a reseller?

Also of interest would be what success people have had direct from Apple via High St stores or the online Apple store. The delivery has been showing as "3 days" for some time, but I've also had it sugegsted that that promise is not being met...

Sirolway
Sep 23, 2011, 06:22 AM
Well, we walked into the Apple Store in Regent Street, London & bought off the shelf about a month ago (just after they came out), but they only had one of the 3 models in stock (the top one) so that's what we ended up buying

Aksta
Sep 23, 2011, 08:31 AM
Ordered my MBA 13 128 yesterday morning and got it today before 9:30. Doesnt seem to be s shortage.
It was showing 3 days delivery for me as well

mrwonkers
Sep 24, 2011, 09:38 AM
I don't know much about the "real world" but where I live in "howdy doody bizarro world" MacBook Airs fall from the sky every Tuesday between 12-1pm.
Really hope that helps you out.

Tim D
Sep 26, 2011, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the answers. The e.t.a has just gone out to 23rd October, so I think I might need to look elsewhere!