Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madridista59

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2010
Houston, TX
Are there any known issues with the battery life of the 4th gen shuffle? My niece's shuffle has been dying out pretty quick. I'm thinking it's because she doesn't fully charge it but rather instead puts it through quick 30 minute to 1 hour charges on the laptop.

Is this something I can take into to the Genius Bar and perhaps get replaced?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide. :D

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
Why would they replace a battery that is probably functioning normally? You even stated it probably wasn't being charged up properly.

I'm thinking it's because she doesn't fully charge it but rather instead puts it through quick 30 minute to 1 hour charges on the laptop.

Obviously the first thing you should try is giving it a full charge.

madridista59

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2010
Houston, TX
Why would they replace a battery that is probably functioning normally? You even stated it probably wasn't being charged up properly.

Obviously the first thing you should try is giving it a full charge.

Yeah that's what I plan on doing when I get my hands on the shuffle. She claimed to have left it to charge overnight and this morning wasn't able to finish a full song before it shut off on her. I'm only going by her word, so I'll have to check it out myself before proceeding further.

But say I do give it a full charge and the issue persists, I've got a case yeah?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.