PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Air 13" More "Bendy" than the 11" - Thoughts ???

mrwonkers
Sep 23, 2011, 01:03 PM
Has anybody had any issues with the unibody shell on the 13" MBA flexing/warping? I have just sold my 13" as carrying it everyday made me paranoid that with it being so thin/flexy it would eventually cause warping damage to its shell. I have decided on the 11" instead, I tried bending a 13" and an 11" at my local Mac reseller and the 11" seemed rather rigid but the 13" definitely had some flex in it. Interested in hearing everyones thoughts.

Adidas Addict
Sep 23, 2011, 01:05 PM
I tried bending a 13" and an 11" at my local Mac reseller and the 11" seemed rather rigid but the 13" definitely had some flex in it. Interested in hearing everyones thoughts.

Bet your local reseller loves you :rolleyes:

mrwonkers
Sep 23, 2011, 01:09 PM
Bet your local reseller loves you :rolleyes:

He was too busy gobbing a greasy burger [it was dripping lard all over/into his Apple bluetooth keyboard - made me kinda nauseous] to even notice what the hell was going on.

aziatiklover
Sep 23, 2011, 01:10 PM
Has anybody had any issues with the unibody shell on the 13" MBA flexing/warping? I have just sold my 13" as carrying it everyday made me paranoid that with it being so thin/flexy it would eventually cause warping damage to its shell. I have decided on the 11" instead, I tried bending a 13" and an 11" at my local Mac reseller and the 11" seemed rather rigid but the 13" definitely had some flex in it. Interested in hearing everyones thoughts.

Did u really bend the MBAs at your local reseller? wow you are really paranoid sorry but no offense tho.

bill-p
Sep 23, 2011, 01:26 PM
I think it's more flexible, rather than bendable.

I have had mine compressed against many things in the bag and actually dropped the bag multiple times over the past few months, but so far so good.

If anything, a hard body would indicate that it'll crack easily rather than simply bend.

Freyqq
Sep 23, 2011, 01:39 PM
the 13" is larger and has the same thickness case, I believe. So, it makes sense that it would flex a little more. I doubt it much of a cause for concern, though, because it is so light that I doubt it would flex much under its own weight.