PDA

View Full Version : Speck case

3bs
Sep 23, 2011, 04:55 PM
I've had this speck plastic see thru case for a few months and somehow there are these two cracks on the top. Does anyone else have these? The reason I'm asking is because I like the case so much that I want to buy a new one but not if this is a common issue that will likely happen with the new one too.

Adidas Addict
Sep 23, 2011, 05:38 PM
I've had this speck plastic see thru case for a few months and somehow there are these two cracks on the top. Does anyone else have these? The reason I'm asking is because I like the case so much that I want to buy a new one but not if this is a common issue that will likely happen with the new one too.

Common issue unfortunately, Speck will replace if you send back to them in US at your cost. Not good enough for the price they charge.

3bs
Sep 23, 2011, 05:48 PM
Common issue unfortunately, Speck will replace if you send back to them in US at your cost. Not good enough for the price they charge.

Oh well I guess I'll keep this one for a while longer then. I was thinking about getting the satin case cause it probably won't crack like this but then it would be harder to take in and out of my bag because of the friction and I just prefer the feel of the plastic case. Thanks for your reply

bizzle
Sep 23, 2011, 06:06 PM
For the month I had my 2011 Air I had the satin black version of that and the back clips broke basically instantly. It would hold on but barely. When I gave the case to the buyer, the whole side snapped off.

3bs
Sep 23, 2011, 06:10 PM
For the month I had my 2011 Air I had the satin black version of that and the back clips broke basically instantly. It would hold on but barely. When I gave the case to the buyer, the whole side snapped off.

Haven't had any similar issues with my plastic case thankfully. I let them put it on when I bought it in the shop and haven't taken it off since.

Oh and my battery is at 91% health!

colombo007
Sep 24, 2011, 10:46 AM
Had mine for a month 1\2 Satin black version, the plastic on the bottom broke, i went to apple store yesterday in Laval (Quebec), they change it for free and no receipt, no question, I told them I bought on line.

3bs
Sep 24, 2011, 01:49 PM
I went to the shop I bought it from and they took a couple minutes to "inspect" it and to make sure I didn't get those cracks from my misuse but after a bit of talking and convincing them, they said they'd replace it if I had my receipt or could show them the transaction on my online bank account. Problem is I threw away the receipt and I can't remember if I used my card or cash. I guess I'll have to go through my statements

will0407
Sep 24, 2011, 03:50 PM
My speck case for my 11" air broke. I sent it back and got a new one sent out to me int he UK pretty quickly. I wasn't asked to post in proof of purchase and they said to put a note in with the top 2 colours I'd prefer to receive back.