PDA

View Full Version : 11 MBA Ultimate?

karkid
Sep 23, 2011, 09:29 PM
i currently have the base 11" air and i'm looking to get the 11 i7 1.8ghz 4gb, 256gb ssd

just wondering if anyone has this? and how you like it

vitzr
Sep 23, 2011, 09:37 PM
It's hard to answer your question since you didn't mention why you want to switch configurations. I have the one you specified and it's a very good machine. However the only reason I bought a fully loaded one, is so I could do some of my mainstream work while on flights to the UK from the US.

If it was a more casual use machine I would have only bought the base model. Overall if not for having to fit on a tray table in the plane I would have never bought it. The 11" display is a pain.

I bought a 13" as well and it's much nicer. When flying first class that is the one I take.

karkid
Sep 23, 2011, 09:38 PM
It's hard to answer your question since you didn't mention why you want to switch configurations. I have the one you specified and it's a very good machine. However the only reason I bought a fully loaded one, is so I could do some of my mainstream work while on flights to the UK from the US.

If it was a more casual use machine I would have only bought the base model. Overall if not for having to fit on a tray table in the plane I would have never bought it. The 11" display is a pain.

I bought a 13" as well and it's much nicer. When flying first class that is the one I take.

i hate carrying around my 15" MBP 2010 maxed out, so i put it up for sale on local classifieds, i'm a photographer sometimes having to edit photos on the fly

KPOM
Sep 23, 2011, 10:54 PM
I have the 11" Ultimate and like it a lot. I can't make a direct comparison to the 11" Base, but the extra 2GB RAM and the faster processor will make a difference for photo editing. The i7 is about 20-25% faster than the i5 in the base 11" model. While it isn't night and day, it ought to be noticeable. The RAM may make a bigger difference, though.

Fernandez21
Sep 23, 2011, 11:04 PM
I hace that one and i love it, im using it as My main computer, so thets why I got it and it has never felt underpowered for anything I do.

adnoh
Sep 24, 2011, 01:39 PM
The 11" ultimate sounds like a good match for you. Just buy an external display & thunderbolt to VGA adaptor for home so you get the best of both worlds.