Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Phishing scams are nothing Apple can control. There are thousands of them out there.

There is a government site to report them to but I can't recall where its at.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Well these emails turned out to be real. Some punk used all my app store credit in iTunes. Im not impressed with the notification process. And halting the theft activity is a matter of days thru email correspondence? Lame. Thinking this will only get worse in the cloud. :(

androiphone

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2009
I was just going to post that these are real legit emails and to tell you to get on to your apple ID and change your password and remove all changed info, but looks like you have found out already.

you say you are not impressed with the notification process, how? it's not like apple can physically call you, all they can really do is send an email when account info is changed,
and you can tell that the website iforgot.apple.com is a legit apple site from the address,
if you had have acted quicker (on the first email) you would have got into your account and headed off the illegitimate purchases before they happened.

Reactions: srf4real
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.