Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Have You Downgraded From Mac OS X Lion due to bugs?

• Yes! Please fix this Apple!!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No. Im Sicking Around, Waiting To See What Happens Oct. 5th./ The Bugs Aren't THAT Bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What Bugs??

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rashhashan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia
I recently downgraded from Lion due to bugs and jitteriness. Like I said in the title i have a MacBook5,1 Silver Unibody released late 2009 just (unfortunately) BEFORE the 13.3" Macbook Pro came out :-/

What I want:

-I want to run OS X and Windows 7 x64.
-I want to have no performance issues because I play a lot of intensive games on the Windows side.
-I plan to only use the mac side for torrent downloads( because it seems to download faster in mac) and store my itunes collection. Other than that i will mainly be using Windows.

My Problems:

-Apple does not allow my model to "officially" run 64-bit Windows 7...why? I have no idea..thanks :apple: :mad:
-Therefore I cant effectively install Bootcamp and my drivers on the Win7 side....Now i have done the Bootcampx64.msi trick and installed it that way...but it seems very buggy...hence why i reformatted back to Snow Leopard only.
-Since I used the above method, I cant install Bootcamp 4.0 on my win7...why? again...i dont know. <--This I would REALLY like an answer to.
-(Also, is there a real advantage to Bootcamp 4.0?)

Thank you all for reading this...If I havent been clear in what my problem is, please tell me.

Sincerely,
Rash

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.