Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cyberman86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
i just received my macbook pro 15" I7
It didn't come with a mac os x disk, i called apple and they said that Lion doesn't come with an installation disk, So if i want to install windows 7 trough boot camp how am i going to install the Mac os x drivers for windows 7 ?? or it does it automatically?

wpotere

Oct 7, 2010
i just received my macbook pro 15" I7
It didn't come with a mac os x disk, i called apple and they said that Lion doesn't come with an installation disk, So if i want to install windows 7 trough boot camp how am i going to install the Mac os x drivers for windows 7 ?? or it does it automatically?

When you run bootcamp it will prompt you to make a CD with the drivers on it.

Cyberman86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
When you run bootcamp it will prompt you to make a CD with the drivers on it.

I installed windows 7 now, should i enable the windows updates? can install windows updates after i installed bootcamp drivers or there's no need for that?

wpotere

Oct 7, 2010
I installed windows 7 now, should i enable the windows updates? can install windows updates after i installed bootcamp drivers or there's no need for that?

No, you will need to install the updates and install some AV as well. Treat this as you would any other Windows install.

Cyberman86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
No, you will need to install the updates and install some AV as well. Treat this as you would any other Windows install.

Do you know why whenever i restart the computer it boots directly to windows and not mac os x?

in order to boot into mac i have to press option and then choose mac osx.
I want it to go directly to mac os x and if i want to windows i can always press option button.

logana

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Scotland
Do you know why whenever i restart the computer it boots directly to windows and not mac os x?

in order to boot into mac i have to press option and then choose mac osx.
I want it to go directly to mac os x and if i want to windows i can always press option button.

Bootcamp assistant changes the default startup disc to the Windows partition. Now that you have finished installing Win 7 go to system preferences on the Mac OS side and click on startup disc - select the Mac OSX disc and then exit. You don't need to restart unless you want to prove it works.

Now when you startup it will start in OSX and as you say if you want to startup Win 7 just hold the option key as it starts up.

Easy ..........

scott.peterson4

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2010
I have Lion installed on my MacBook and just installed Windows 7 via bootcamp on my machine. I need to install the proper drivers. I downloaded the drivers to a disc when using Boot Camp Assistant, but I get error messages when I try to install them in Windows. I do not have my Snow Leopard install disc. Any help would be much appreciated!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.