PDA

View Full Version : MBA will not display on TV via HDMI

blah blah 3
Sep 24, 2011, 04:01 PM
Hello,
I just got a new tv that I wanted to stream videos online from. I bought an HDMI cable adapter from the moshi mini port. After hooking the HDMI adapter and cable to the TV shows it is connected to the computer and searches for the signal. the MBA screen turns grey then goes back to normal desktop image(or whatever I was viewing last) and then the TV says it cannot find the signal. I suspect it has something to do with the resolution settings but here are the stats for my TV:
http://tclusa.com/en-us/modeldetail.html?MN=L40FHDF11TA
It is natively 1355 X 786

My xbox works fine via HDMI on 720 P into the TV.

My computers closest resolution possibility is 1024 X 786. Still it did not work.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

aeboi
Sep 24, 2011, 04:47 PM
Most likely adapter or HDMI cable problem

I have a 720P TV just like that and it was the adapter that didn't work (was old and abused), replaced it with another $6 adapter and it now works.

blah blah 3
Sep 24, 2011, 05:24 PM
hmmm the issue I think is that the TV is originally configured and advertised at 1080p. But I know from using other components it works for 720 P. The HDMI cable works because I have tested it with other devices. The adapter works as well because it will display for other devices.

blah blah 3
Sep 26, 2011, 09:22 PM
aNy other ideas?

KPOM
Sep 26, 2011, 11:02 PM
hmmm the issue I think is that the TV is originally configured and advertised at 1080p. But I know from using other components it works for 720 P. The HDMI cable works because I have tested it with other devices. The adapter works as well because it will display for other devices.

It works for me. I use a third party HDMI adapter and have connected it to a 1080p TV. Some people have reported issues with audio, but in general HDMI connections work on the 2011 Airs. I suggest trying a different adapter.