PDA

View Full Version : Left "command" key defect? check your keyboard

stark4
Sep 25, 2011, 02:00 AM
i just noticed that my left side "command" key middle two "mm" letter is darker than the rest of the letters with the backlit on. it's like something is covering the light to go through those two "mm" letter. I also compared it to my right side "command" key and i can really tell the difference because right side command key is normal. I also checked the youtube video of macbook air reviews and also noticed their left side command key.

Check your keyboard and tell me. if you can't see.. try turn the backlit light to all the way up and you'll start seeing difference between the left side command key and right side. Left side letters "mm" in "command" is darker than the right side.

let me know

Thanks

Mayo7
Sep 25, 2011, 02:17 AM
i see the same thing going on on mine as well.. but it's so subtle and doesn't bother me at all.

not sure if this is something you would call a 'defect'.

adamsium
Sep 25, 2011, 02:21 AM
Mine is perfectly fine, as I suspect 99.999% of them are.

People spend so much time looking for 'defects'.

marrzie
Sep 25, 2011, 02:46 AM
The left control key is darker on the c.
The left mm in command is also darker.
I am super picky but this doesn't bother me at all.

stark4
Sep 25, 2011, 12:08 PM
I didn't notice it until last night. I was using my MBA in the dark room and I thought its a dirt on my left command button.. I don't think it will bother me in a long run but I kept staring at that command button every time I turn on the computer.

What might be blocking that "mm" letter?

appleguy123
Sep 25, 2011, 12:16 PM
MIne is like that too. Never noticed it before.

Biscotti
Sep 25, 2011, 12:41 PM
my "mm" in command is darker. Doesn't bother me at all. It's a long word, it can't all be lit up.

CardboardGiant
Sep 25, 2011, 01:06 PM
Wow you're right! I tried it and the "mm" doesn't lit up like the rest of the letters.

I'll have to drop by the apple store and exchange my 2011 MBA 13'' tomorrow. Time to back-up my files!

Thanks for the heads up TC.

stark4
Sep 25, 2011, 02:32 PM
my "mm" in command is darker. Doesn't bother me at all. It's a long word, it can't all be lit up.

i know what you are saying but if you compare it to right side command button it doesn't have that problem.

Wow you're right! I tried it and the "mm" doesn't lit up like the rest of the letters.

I'll have to drop by the apple store and exchange my 2011 MBA 13'' tomorrow. Time to back-up my files!

Thanks for the heads up TC.

don't bother... all the MacBook Airs are like that... but i just wanted to point out to you guys.

wishi
Sep 25, 2011, 04:15 PM
don't bother... all the MacBook Airs are like that... but i just wanted to point out to you guys.

I do believe cardboardGiant was being sarcastic to your OCD observation...

Biscotti
Sep 25, 2011, 04:31 PM
i know what you are saying but if you compare it to right side command button it doesn't have that problem.

I know, I just wanted to say it wasn't that serious a problem. Not one enough to take the computer back.

snorkelman
Sep 25, 2011, 05:06 PM
get them to change it for one with a UK keyboard layout, its only got 'cmd' and the symbol written on the key :p

Bob Coxner
Sep 25, 2011, 06:34 PM
I have the same darker "mm". It was the first thing I noticed when I first used the keyboard in the dark. It's a minor irritation.

dennya
Sep 25, 2011, 07:17 PM
Dangit. I was so loving my new MacBook Air. Now I see only its scars and horrific disfigurement.

Thanks. Thanks a lot.

MultiFinder17
Sep 25, 2011, 07:34 PM
Hee-hee... 2009 Airs FTW :D

stark4
Sep 25, 2011, 07:40 PM
Dangit. I was so loving my new MacBook Air. Now I see only its scars and horrific disfigurement.

Thanks. Thanks a lot.

lol im so sorry. i was so happy when i first got my MBA too until i used the keyboard at night.. i couldn't sleep that night because of that so i started looking for unboxing videos on youtube and noticed that all the MBA are like that so i feel a little better now.

i can't stop looking at the command button every time i used the keyboard at night.. ahh.. :eek:

sorry guys!

CardboardGiant
Sep 25, 2011, 08:12 PM
I do believe cardboardGiant was being sarcastic to your OCD observation...

You are a master at detecting e-sarcasm.

+1

askrib
Sep 25, 2011, 08:19 PM
man...talk about OCD. Yikes!

TheRealDamager
Sep 25, 2011, 10:11 PM
lol im so sorry. i was so happy when i first got my MBA too until i used the keyboard at night.. i couldn't sleep that night because of that so i started looking for unboxing videos on youtube and noticed that all the MBA are like that so i feel a little better now.

i can't stop looking at the command button every time i used the keyboard at night.. ahh.. :eek:

sorry guys!

Seriously - this isn't healthy.