PDA

View Full Version : If the Next iPhone is a Not a Redesign, Will You Go Android?

Pages : [1] 2

blairh
Sep 25, 2011, 02:09 PM
Curious how many MR members are seriously considering an Android device if the next iPhone features no redesign and is strictly a spec update.

UPDATE: NOW THAT THE NON-REDESIGN IS OFFICIAL, WILL YOU GO ANDROID???

shadrap
Sep 25, 2011, 02:10 PM
Considering it for LTE

EvoNiner1986
Sep 25, 2011, 02:11 PM
Sure won't!

BurningJah
Sep 25, 2011, 02:11 PM
meh! don't bothers me! don't have an iPhone 4 so I would get it! But my 3gs still serves me! and paying 629 euro is a bit much at the moment

applefan289
Sep 25, 2011, 02:14 PM
I do not have and am not getting a smart phone. But I'd rather have a behind-the-times Apple product than a current other device.

saving107
Sep 25, 2011, 02:15 PM
If the next iPhone is not a re-design, then I will just stick with my iPhone 4 for another year.

I don't have to upgrade and my iPhone 4 will not self destruct when the next iPhone is released, so why would I jump to an Android device?

Aridia
Sep 25, 2011, 02:18 PM
It depends on the people, their location and their previous device. For example, I have currently an Android device just for trying it out but I want an iPhone. I'm almost sure that if the next iPhone isn't a redesign, I'll buy an iPhone 4 since there's no major difference and its performance is great. Where I live there isn't any LTE so it's irrelevant.

LoganT
Sep 25, 2011, 02:24 PM
It's either the iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy S2.

If the iPhone 5 has the same basic design but a bigger screen and faster internals, I might just stick with the iPhone 5.

Smtevo
Sep 25, 2011, 02:26 PM
Ill go test out some Android phones but will most likely stick with the iPhone 4 till next year. Ill be very disappointed though as most other people will be as well.

TC25
Sep 25, 2011, 02:26 PM
Curious how many MR members are seriously considering an Android device if the next iPhone features no redesign and is strictly a spec update.

No, that'd be incredibly stupid.

LapsangSouchong
Sep 25, 2011, 02:40 PM
Good lord no. Android OS is far too clunky.

KentuckyHouse
Sep 25, 2011, 02:43 PM
I'm debating. I'm still using my trusty 3GS and it's still working flawlessly. But I'm also jailbroken and have tons of tweaks that aren't in iOS normally.

If it's just a spec bump, I've got a hard decision ahead of me. Do I upgrade to the "upgraded" iPhone 4 or stick it out with my 3GS for another year (or whenever they release the NEXT iPhone with a design change?) Don't get me wrong...I love the design of the current iPhone 4, but I don't want to upgrade to it after it's been out for 16 months or however long it's been. In other words, I won't upgrade to the current iPhone 4, but I may upgrade to the iPhone 4S or whatever a spec-bumped model will be called.

The one thing I know I can't live without is a quick reply option in SMS (I've always used biteSMS and love it). That's the one thing Apple hasn't implemented that I just don't understand. I haven't used any of the iOS5 betas (because I'm not a developer), but from what I gather, they STILL haven't added this function.

However, if they do release a redesigned iPhone 5, then yes, I'll be upgrading. And no, I won't be switching to Android, only because I'm so invested in the Apple ecosystem.

Merkie
Sep 25, 2011, 02:43 PM
WP7 is the way to go.

boss.king
Sep 25, 2011, 02:57 PM
I've been eyeing the HTC Titan, WP7 seems to be the way to go these days if the iPhone 5 doesn't fit my wants/needs.

Blakey.
Sep 25, 2011, 03:05 PM
There's a really good chance I'll stick with Apple regardless. I've got too much invested in my Apple ecosystem to really shy away from it. The iPhone 4 is also my first smart phone, and I have absolutely loved having it. And being that all of my closest friends and roommates have iPhones, it's just more of a convenience to have one, especially with iMessage and such coming up.

Savor
Sep 25, 2011, 03:05 PM
Not specifically Android but might switch to another platform just to try something different. But when it comes to a screen size, it seems Android is leading the way followed by WP7 phones. Apple needs to stay conservative because if the resolution changes, then it creates fragmentation for phones and apps. They might barely getting into the 4-inch club THIS year while there are other Android phones advancing to 4.5-5.3 inches.

But for this year? NO. I might be using iPhone until well into summer of next year. Upgrading to a phone is still until Feb 2012 and even then, I am no rush. We will see RIM switching to QNX, quad core phones, and more Nokia WP7 phones. A transitional year.

There are a few options I might switch to -

BlackBerry 9900 - Try out for a year until QNX is released. Very nice design.
Any QNX phone - I like webOS, so this is a reminder.
Any WP7 phone - Windows 8 can really cause a halo effect for WP phones.

Android isn't among my fav OSes right now. but the Samsung Galaxy Note does a intrigue me quite a bit even at first glance I wasn't into it. The specs are great and that stylus would be great for sketch artists. Better than drawing pictures with your finger. I don't mind going BIGGER and getting a KING-SIZE of a phone. SUPER-SIZE it. I wouldn't mind owning one of them bad boys. If a petite, college chicks I see in my city can carry around a 4.3-inch Evo and Droid X, then a guy like me can handle a beast and brick of a phone with an extra inch of screen size. If I ever get mad and wanted to throw it at someone, I know I wouldn't miss.

Listen, if people are going to buy a 9.7 inch tablet while lugging around another phone with 3.5-4.0 inch screens, I don't see why a 5.3-inch phoneblet can eliminate some of the hassle. You either carry two devices or kill two birds with one stone. Note is that middle ground.

http://cdn.androidcommunity.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Galaxy-Note-as-phone1-150x150.jpg

http://androidcommunity.com/samsung-galaxy-note-vs-tab-7-7-vs-galaxy-s-ii-video-20110901/
Next we have the Galaxy Note. You’ve probably seen plenty of this new item today but just in case here is our hands-on. The Note is what Samsung is calling the perfect device. Not too big, and not too small they feel 5.3″ is as large as users would want to go, and still consider it a phone. What do you guys think? Again our man Chris Davies has an up close and personal shot for you to actually see what the Galaxy Note would look like if you were to use it as a smartphone. Personally I think I could handle that and want one immediately.

Now I could go on for a long while regarding both of these Phoneblets or whatever you want to call them. We’ve all seen the specs and if not they are both conveniently linked to above more than a few times. I’ve always said I felt that anything over 4.3″ was just too big, and isn’t something I’d ever consider using on a day-to-day basis — then I tried the Samsung Infuse with its 4.5″ display and it didn’t seem so bad. While Apple still thinks a 3.5″ screen is plenty Samsung is wasting no time bringing out the big guns with the Galaxy Note. They feel not only is 4.5″ suitable as they’ve launched the SGSII all across the US with a big 4.5″ display, but now they are quickly bringing the Galaxy Note to market next.

Is this a trend where we are going to slowly but surely get larger and larger, or will the Galaxy Note meet the same fate as the failed Dell Streak 5? Being thinner, lighter, faster, sexier, and having a huge 2500 mAh battery I have a feeling the Galaxy Note will be a huge success.

Mr.C
Sep 25, 2011, 03:08 PM
Absolutely not. I have no desire to switch to Android, Windows 7, Blackberry or anything else. I've been with Apple since the original iPhone and my next phone will also be an iPhone.

na1577
Sep 25, 2011, 03:14 PM
It's either the iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy S2.

If the iPhone 5 has the same basic design but a bigger screen and faster internals, I might just stick with the iPhone 5.

This is exactly how I feel. I'm not a big fan of the iPhone 4 design, but I can tolerate it if it has a bigger screen.

Duckit
Sep 25, 2011, 03:16 PM
I will be buying the iPhone anyway. I love the current iPhone 4 form factor, I have been dying to get it. (This will be my first iPhone.)

BanterClaus
Sep 25, 2011, 03:17 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I just recently got an iPhone 4 on a good deal. Here in the UK new phones are insanelly expensive when they first come out anyway. I find it best to always stay a generation behind. I know its slightly outdated but I'm not actually bothered, it's still great hardware :D

jca24
Sep 25, 2011, 03:25 PM
No way! Iphone will get LTE next year. And as all of you know, no other platform comes close to the user experience that is Apple.

wcrov
Sep 25, 2011, 03:30 PM
Lets see how Apple will deal with this ISSUE http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20110922PD207.html when customers starting ranting again...

I stated before in this thread: The iPhone5 was born dead!!! Samsung GSII is already the best Smartphone in everything...

That's maybe the reason why Mr. Jobs retired early: He couldn't see his (good) idea going down the hill...

TheSuperSteve
Sep 25, 2011, 03:30 PM

Switching to Android is like switching to a PC from a Mac. You're taking a step backwards and opening yourself to more headaches than otherwise.

In my personal experience atleast. I've had nothing but terrible experiences with Android devices. So no, i would never switch to Android. I'd rather stay with my dumbphone.

Besides, i dont get what the big deal is with wanting a redesign. The iPhone 4s (Plural of iPhone 4, not iPhone 4S obviously) that i've played with have been extremely solid devices with beautiful screens. Are people really that bored of their phone that they want something new just for the sake of having something different?

Its like my dad. I was gonna buy him an iPad for his birthday, but he didnt want one because everyone in my family already had iPads. So he got a Viewsonic G Tablet just because it was different. I had to spend a week figuring out how to root it and then troubleshooting all the driver issues and marketplace issues and whatnot until i got a somewhat half working device.

Because without rooting it, the thing didnt even have access to the Android market.

Besides, dont most people root their Android devices? Why would i want a phone that i have to hack and void my warranty just to get it to function as it should have? I'm sticking with Apple and iOS no matter what. Why? You all know the saying. It just works.

/rant

jca24
Sep 25, 2011, 03:35 PM
Lets see how Apple will deal with this ISSUE http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20110922PD207.html when customers starting ranting again...

I stated before in this thread: The iPhone5 was born dead!!! Samsung GSII is already the best Smartphone in everything...

That's maybe the reason why Mr. Jobs retired early: He couldn't see his (good) idea going down the hill...

Really? Samsung is the best? Wow, you are so smart.

7even
Sep 25, 2011, 03:40 PM
The concept of people jumping to another platform just because the latest iPhone upgrade doesn't tick 1 single box is pretty funny.

Reach9
Sep 25, 2011, 03:41 PM
Yeah, i'll either go Android or buy the iPhone 4S and sell it for the 5 when it comes out.

A redesign is expected, anything less is unacceptable.

D4F
Sep 25, 2011, 03:48 PM
If anybody really finds it HARD to switch to a different platform then I feel sorry for you.

I use both and think on adding WP7 to the pack (developer). I carry iP4 or my Desire Z pretty much back and forth. To be honest there is no difference besides lack of widgets on iOS. I hate to go into menus looking for features but pretty much that's it.

I am absolutely amazed that in 21 century people are getting dumber instead of brighter will all this technology around. To make things worse their perception is narrowing as they try to prove that a phone can be a true life changer... or life goal...

I live in the The Age Of Stupid and apple fanboys are leading the pack. Seriously.

Aldaris
Sep 25, 2011, 03:49 PM
My iPhone 4 can last a lot longer, I'm already to intrenched in the Apple Ecosystem to do anything different (at the moment) and really have no reason to have the desire to. With iCloud and all the seamless intergration between my Mac and my advices. I'll keep on living just fine.

Spectrum Abuser
Sep 25, 2011, 03:49 PM
Waiting on whichever giant gets the second generation of LTE chipset first. If it's Android then I'm leaving iOS. If the iPhone gets it then I stay.

LapsangSouchong
Sep 25, 2011, 03:51 PM
If anybody really finds it HARD to switch to a different platform then I feel sorry for you.

I use both and think on adding WP7 to the pack (developer). I carry iP4 or my Desire Z pretty much back and forth. To be honest there is no difference besides lack of widgets on iOS. I hate to go into menus looking for features but pretty much that's it.

I am absolutely amazed that in 21 century people are getting dumber instead of brighter will all this technology around. To make things worse their perception is narrowing as they try to prove that a phone can be a true life changer... or life goal...

I live in the The Age Of Stupid and apple fanboys are leading the pack. Seriously.
What a NARROW perspective.

wordoflife
Sep 25, 2011, 03:52 PM
No.

I don't understand why so many people are so concerned about a "redesign"
Just because they change the design, it doesn't mean it's for the better.

I'm perfectly fine with the current iPhone 4 design. Would change be nice? Yeah, sure. But it's not going to stop me from buying it.

Sedrick
Sep 25, 2011, 03:52 PM
The concept of people jumping to another platform just because the latest iPhone upgrade doesn't tick 1 single box is pretty funny.

Yeah, but if it's a 4" screen, that's a pretty damn big check box.
---
I'm amazed at all the grief Android phones get (let's lump them all together, too) around here. Makes you wonder how they ever sold even one Android phone, as bad as they're made out to be on these forums. :confused:
I don't understand why so many people are so concerned about a "redesign"
Just because they change the design, it doesn't mean it's for the better.

The only redesign I'm looking for is the one that's wrapped about a 4" screen. Otherwise, what's the point.

steviem
Sep 25, 2011, 03:54 PM

I don't buy it and I'm currently using a Samsung Epic 4G.

Samsung are worse than Apple at giving their users a fully customizable phone, and miles behind in giving you updates. Touchwiz is a pile o crap and there's no gingerbread for this phone, or Cyanogenmod!

That's why if the iPhone comes to Sprint, I will be getting it and never experimenting with android again.

Blakey.
Sep 25, 2011, 04:00 PM

While I realize I may be in a small minority here, I've actually made some pretty fantastic friends from an application that used to be exclusive to iOS devices called Grindr. It's often used as a hookup app for gay males, but I've met some awesome people, including my roommates who I wouldn't trade for anything, from this application. So to say it didn't change my life would be silly, being that I'd have never met some of the people I hold closest to me. I'm also a frequenter of Reddit. Alien Blue is second to none, no matter what application on any platform(including other applications from iOS) you're comparing it against.

7even
Sep 25, 2011, 04:03 PM
Yeah, but if it's a 4" screen, that's a pretty damn big check box.
---
I'm amazed at all the grief Android phones get (let's lump them all together, too) around here. Makes you wonder how they ever sold even one Android phone, as bad as they're made out to be on these forums. :confused:

The only redesign I'm looking for is the one that's wrapped about a 4" screen. Otherwise, what's the point.

Yeah, I'd love a redesign (and a bigger screen) too. I'm pretty sure I'll upgrade either way since I'm on Android right now and all the quirks are driving me crazy.

I guess it all depends what you use your phone for - if you don't care about specific apps, etc. I'd like a bigger screen, but ultimately I've been using an iPod Touch and a similarly-sized phone for a long time so it's less of a priority for me.

Mr.C
Sep 25, 2011, 04:03 PM

I guess it makes you feel good to insult other people and their intelligence pretending to be all high and mighty. You can't get more narrow-minded then your ludicrous post. If you are indeed a developer as you say maybe you can afford to have more then one phone and can justify it. Most people can only afford one and only need one. I certainly can only afford one and there is nothing wrong with sticking to one brand as that is my choice. If I choose to stick with Apple and iOS based devices that's up to me. What gives you the right to criticise my choice or anyone else's

boss.king
Sep 25, 2011, 04:04 PM
I don't buy it and I'm currently using a Samsung Epic 4G.

Samsung are worse than Apple at giving their users a fully customizable phone, and miles behind in giving you updates. Touchwiz is a pile o crap and there's no gingerbread for this phone, or Cyanogenmod!

That's why if the iPhone comes to Sprint, I will be getting it and never experimenting with android again.

http://androidcommunity.com/samsung-epic-4g-gets-cyanogen-mod-20110315/

D4F
Sep 25, 2011, 04:10 PM
While I realize I may be in a small minority here, I've actually made some pretty fantastic friends from an application that used to be exclusive to iOS devices called Grindr. It's often used as a hookup app for gay males, but I've met some awesome people, including my roommates who I wouldn't trade for anything, from this application. So to say it didn't change my life would be silly, being that I'd have never met some of the people I hold closest to me. I'm also a frequenter of Reddit. Alien Blue is second to none, no matter what application on any platform(including other applications from iOS) you're comparing it against.

That's the problem really.
How do you think people managed to get along just fine 50 years ago?
They tried and acted. Now they google stuff.
Kids use Wiki to make homework and no matter how you see it the world IS getting dumber.
I mean just stay here long enough and you will see. To some (and quite too many if you ask me) iDevice = GOD.
Don't you think it IS stupid?

skyton
Sep 25, 2011, 04:11 PM
I don't think it is a case of finding it HARD to switch platforms.

It's down to personal preference.

I wouldn't find it HARD to switch to Windows, but it isn't going to happen anytime soon!

Blakey.
Sep 25, 2011, 04:17 PM
Kids use Wiki to make homework and no matter how you see it the world IS getting dumber.
I mean just stay here long enough and you will see. To some (and quite too many if you ask me) iDevice = GOD.

I don't see how that's relevant to my post. The iPhone made my move to a new city a much easier transition and helped me find a few good friends and roommates. What exactly is the con in that? I don't knock other platforms, but the iPhone has what I want on it, so why choose something else that either doesn't have it or doesn't do it as well?

And how does using Wikipedia make the world dumber? If anything, these databases are making the world smarter. Want to know something 100 years ago? Well, hope you're within walking distance of a library that may or may not have information on the topic you're interested in.

luked14
Sep 25, 2011, 04:19 PM
I'll be disappointed if there isn't a redesign this year, but I wouldn't consider going to another device. I'm not a fan of the iPhone 4 design, but the software is what really matters. Any iOS device is such a better experience because of the software. I'd rather use a 2G iPhone than the newest Android devices because it runs iOS.

It's the same concept with PCs. There is some solid PC hardware out there, but they all run Windows, which prevents me from ever considering them. Android is the Windows of the smartphone world. I wish phone manufacturers would be more innovative and develop their own operating systems.

LoganT
Sep 25, 2011, 04:20 PM

Do I think it's stupid that some people think the iPhone is the best phone out there? No, why would I think that's stupid?

lilcosco08
Sep 25, 2011, 04:20 PM
No way! Iphone will get LTE next year. And as all of you know, no other platform comes close to the user experience that is Apple.

Subjective.

Jakintosh™
Sep 25, 2011, 04:22 PM
I can't believe this thread. The iPhone 4 is an amazing piece of hardware. Its fast, has a gorgeous screen and looks awesome. If the "only" thing they do is bump the processor to an A5, and upgrade the camera to an 8MP, how could that be a bad thing? An awesome processor, a powerful camera, the best display in the industry and the sexy design? I mean, the only thing different I'm hearing about the iPhone 5 rumors (as opposed to the 4S I just described) is that it will be a different shape. You would really switch to Android just because you're iPhone isn't tapered?

Either way, I have an iPhone 4 right now and I'm waiting until the iPhone 6 to upgrade, since I would never spend extra money to terminate my contract early so I can upgrade my phone yearly. Plus, then going from 4 to 6 will be a much bigger jump :D

D4F
Sep 25, 2011, 04:28 PM
Do I think it's stupid that some people think the iPhone is the best phone out there? No, why would I think that's stupid?

Seriously what does best phone have to do with worshiping a gadget?
I like people responding but please try to read what's written... at least.

----------

I don't see how that's relevant to my post. The iPhone made my move to a new city a much easier transition and helped me find a few good friends and roommates. What exactly is the con in that? I don't knock other platforms, but the iPhone has what I want on it, so why choose something else that either doesn't have it or doesn't do it as well?

And how does using Wikipedia make the world dumber? If anything, these databases are making the world smarter. Want to know something 100 years ago? Well, hope you're within walking distance of a library that may or may not have information on the topic you're interested in.

There's nothing wrong with wikipedia.
You know people used to use libraries back in the day too.

Problem is people these days do not think they require effort to achieve something. If something doesn't happen right away then = bad.

That is why you see post of people telling a phone OS system is hard, bad, clunky, impossible to learn and etc.
Not because it really is, it's just because they are too stupid to spend 15 minutes (you really don't need much more) and fully learn it.
Kids doing homework from wiki don't learn. They copy/paste it. The teacher can't simply check who wrote that essay as there's too much input on the internet. Back in a day you had a book and to write something you actually had to give it a thought.
You can try to convince me but as replies fall to my post they do nothing more but prove my words :)

PNutts
Sep 25, 2011, 04:37 PM
...as they try to prove that a phone can be a true life changer...

Ah, the good life. Going to the library. Buying encyclopedias. Waiting for a store to open to see if they carried something and if it was in stock (of course back then you could call and a person answered). :p

I call your example a life changer. Anyone who believes smartphones aren't a life changer should go back to a dumbphone and see if you get along "fine". But if you just use a smartphone as a phone (mom, I'm looking at you) then it may not be. Since I can't decide if you're trolling or contradicting yourself or simply don't know the meaning of the words you're using I'll get back on topic.

There is nothing in the foreseeable future that will transition me from iOS to Android. At some point there may be, but it won't be because of a minor upgrade to an iPhone. At some point the value propostion will be there. I don't like the iPhone 4 design. I'll buy the first redesigned iPhone, whether it's 5, 6, 7...

The problem with evolutionary change and innovation is that they become harder to achieve.

Blakey.
Sep 25, 2011, 04:38 PM

----------

There's nothing wrong with wikipedia.
You know people used to use libraries back in the day too.

Problem is people these days do not think they require effort to achieve something. If something doesn't happen right away then = bad.

That is why you see post of people telling a phone OS system is hard, bad, clunky, impossible to learn and etc.
Not because it really is, it's just because they are too stupid to spend 15 minutes (you really don't need much more) and fully learn it.
Kids doing homework from wiki don't learn. They copy/paste it. The teacher can't simply check who wrote that essay as there's too much input on the internet. Back in a day you had a book and to write something you actually had to give it a thought.
You can try to convince me but as replies fall to my post they do nothing more but prove my words :)

Yes, people used libraries. People still do. Databases make it easier. Those of us who cared about our grades did not just copy and paste things from Wikipedia, and being that major papers are run through a database to check for plagiarized material, it would have been a bad idea to do so anyway. I feel like websites like turnitin.com actually make it easier to prevent plagiarism. It would have been a lot, lot easier to plagiarize "back in the day" and not get caught.

What I don't understand is why you wouldn't want things to become easier and easier. Efficiency and ease of use is never really a bad thing.

blacka4
Sep 25, 2011, 04:42 PM
if there is no redesign, then I will be getting the iP4 or whatever the newest one is out. I have android now and i am tired of the clunkyness and want to move into the apple ecosystem. I already have 2 macbook pros and a mini and a mini server so it will fit in nicely.

D4F
Sep 25, 2011, 04:48 PM
Ah, the good life. Going to the library. Buying encyclopedias. Waiting for a store to open to see if they carried something and if it was in stock (of course back then you could call and a person answered). :p

I call your example a life changer. Anyone who believes smartphones aren't a life changer should go back to a dumbphone and see if you get along "fine". But if you just use a smartphone as a phone (mom, I'm looking at you) then it may not be. Since I can't decide if you're trolling or contradicting yourself or simply don't know the meaning of the words you're using I'll get back on topic.

There is nothing in the foreseeable future that will transition me from iOS to Android. At some point there may be, but it won't be because of a minor upgrade to an iPhone. At some point the value propostion will be there. I don't like the iPhone 4 design. I'll buy the first redesigned iPhone, whether it's 5, 6, 7...

The problem with evolutionary change and innovation is that they become harder to achieve.

Why is that? You can't find your way without GPS no more? Or is it that you can chat while on the go with your smartphone? Or maybe playing games is your thing? Nope? Then it must be Martha Stewart cooking app...

And yeah. There's nothing in a smartphone that changed my life. Yes it makes it easier but that's a HUGE difference.

A child can change your life, your school can change your life, your hard work/lazyness can change your life but no freaking device will ever achieve that. You got too much of apple propaganda with this "life changing", "magical" and "ground breaking" stuff. It's marketing where smart people make dumb ones praise their toy lol.

LoganT
Sep 25, 2011, 04:49 PM

----------

You said this.

[COLOR="Red"]I mean just stay here long enough and you will see. To some (and quite too many if you ask me) iDevice = GOD.

"iDevice = GOD"

So, I guess some people have exaggerated and said the (iPhone) iDevice is "God-like". That doesn't mean anything. "God-like" is just another way of saying cool, awesome, amazing, great, dope, best thing ever. Does it matter that some users on here can be hyperbolic?

Now, if some were like

"Hey I'm an atheist and since owning the iPhone I've started to believe in a higher power, because the iPhone is the most amazing thing I've ever held."

Yeah, that would be kind of stupid.

LapsangSouchong
Sep 25, 2011, 04:50 PM
We do some folks assume that being happy with our current devices (in this case those with Apple OS and IOS) somehow means we're stupid or ignorant. Could it be that we've simply found something that meets our needs, we've invested some money (and time) with the software and don't feel the need to jump ship because some as of yet unknown next device may or may not be a "redesign"?

I'm not a fanboy (hell, I'm not even a boy). I'm someone who came from a different OS/device and has set my current iPhone up in a way that meets my needs in a pretty elegant and UNannoying way. This is bad or "stupid" because...? Why isn't it just my choice and right for me? Why is knowing what I want "pathetic"?

Will I always use an iPhone? Who knows. Do I want to spend countless hours configuring some other device to do what my iPhone does pretty damned well right now? No. I did my research, I keep abreast of developments and I continue to assess my tech needs for both work and leisure. And I'm happy with my current setup. How silly of me.
:)

wcrov
Sep 25, 2011, 04:55 PM
You can't beat iThings fashion... lol

iPhone is fashion...
Android is freedom...
Windows Phone 7 is heavy...
Symbian is dead...

Just choose what flavor do you want and be happy!!!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

alexbates
Sep 25, 2011, 04:57 PM
You would really switch to Android just because you're iPhone isn't tapered?

The reason most people would switch is because of the screen size. There really is a huge difference between a 3.5" screen and a 4.5" screen. Not because the design is bad or preferring Android/WP7 to iOS. I've had a 3GS for two years and a few months ago bough a used Samsung Captivate to help decide whether my next phone should be an iPhone or an Android phone. My 3GS has been a great phone. After getting used to my Captivate, I have come to really love the 4" Super AMOLED display, the interactive live wallpapers, the Search and stocks widgets on my homescreen, the ability to customize so many things, and not having to play the cat-and-mouse jailbreak game. Whether or not the iPhone 5 has a 4" display, I'm sticking with my Captivate and I'm buying the iPhone 5 just to resell it. Selling a 3GS and an unopened iPhone 5 on eBay can rake in a lot of $$$. Then in a few months, I can upgrade from a used Captivate to a used HTC Inspire a very little cost (~$50), and later to a dual core phone. This way I get to know the advantages and disadvantages of smartphones from each manufacturer. Why am I doing this? I'm a hardcore geek and already have an iPad. As someone from the Ubuntu forums said, "You know you're a geek when you have all 3 major operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X) united in your bedroom."

If you're considering switching to Android, test out a used one for a month or so. Don't just buy one and return it if you don't like it as many people do, it causes someone to loose money. You either like Android or you don't. It is nowhere near as intuitive as iOS, but I don't mind it.

Savor
Sep 25, 2011, 04:58 PM
Since all I have been doing with my phone is mostly exploring more into music with Pandora Radio or downloading songs, the HTC Sensation XE (with Beats Audio) has also sparked some interest for me. I really want those headphones.

Like I said, not a fan of Android as much as iOS, but the hardware aspects can't be overlooked. Note has that 5.3-inch screen and special magnetic stylus. If you are an audiophile, Sensation XE has the Dr. Dre Beats Audio. And then we have the elusive Nexus Prime and perhaps the Galaxy S III announced by next Feb. Amazon is also going to introduce an Android tablet next week and for $250. Some interesting Android devices in the pipeline. Android is here to stay.

For me, the Android war boils down between Samsung vs HTC right now. Korean vs Taiwanese. HTC was one of the early adopters while Samsung has now become the most successful seller as Galaxy S II sold 10M units. (http://www.gsmarena.com/galaxy_s_ii_global_sales_pass_the_10_million_mark-news-3176.php) Motorola, LG, SE, and the rest are not in the battle right now. Motorola will likely make a comeback late next year when they will be the ones making the next Nexus phone and put strong build quality to it. Sammy have the better/bigger screens and better cameras, but HTC have the better audio and build quality.

I was just checking out my stepdad's Droid X today and it isn't as BIG as I thought it was. I can tolerate 4.3-inch screens. I guess it is a matter of getting used to it similar to if you went from driving a small car to an SUV. I am leaning toward Samsung Galaxy Note over the Sensation XE, but both seem to be nice choices for MY personal needs. An Android comes out like every week, so my wishlist will change again over time.

wcrov
Sep 25, 2011, 05:00 PM
Really? Samsung is the best? Wow, you are so smart.

Thanks!
At the moment (and even after iPhone5 release date) YES!

D4F
Sep 25, 2011, 05:01 PM
We do some folks assume that being happy with our current devices (in this case those with Apple OS and IOS) somehow means we're stupid or ignorant. Could it be that we've simply found something that meets our needs, we've invested some money (and time) with the software and don't feel the need to jump ship because some as of yet unknown next device may or may not be a "redesign"?

I'm not a fanboy (hell, I'm not even a boy). I'm someone who came from a different OS/device and has set my current iPhone up in a way that meets my needs in a pretty elegant and UNannoying way. This is bad or "stupid" because...? Why isn't it just my choice and right for me? Why is knowing what I want "pathetic"?

Will I always use an iPhone? Who knows. Do I want to spend countless hours configuring some other device to do what my iPhone does pretty damned well right now? No. I did my research, I keep abreast of developments and I continue to assess my tech needs for both work and leisure. And I'm happy with my current setup. How silly of me.

You said it simple. You like it :) There is nothing to challenge that word. Now when you see somebody moaning about other OS while you can clearly tell he/she either never used it / used it on a old device (try first gen iPhone now and we'll see how happy you will be compared to your 3GS/4) or maybe at a carrier store then it kinda gets interesting :)
It's as simple as that and I always find it fun to discuss with such individuals :)

Jbrumz85
Sep 25, 2011, 05:03 PM
I'm getting the sg2 on october 2nd and if apple gives me a bigger screen I'll switch it out with the iPhone 5. Hopefully the iPhone will be released within the 30 day return.

F123D
Sep 25, 2011, 05:07 PM
I'd keep my iPhone 4 but would use my upgrade on an Android phone.

Padraig
Sep 25, 2011, 05:11 PM
Yip. Either the SGS 2 or the SE Arc S. I've a notion to try out a W7 device also, but even with Mango I don't think they're still there for me.

Savor
Sep 25, 2011, 05:31 PM
I love to draw caricatures and doodle, but whoa! Check out the videos below. Now I want a Note even more...

Drawing with the new Samsung Galaxy Note
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMvMWyXldzk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUpFp_GRkbE

Samsung Galaxy Note becoming the sketch artist's phone. Holding that phone against my ear won't bother me if I have a Bluetooth handset on. I can just draw pictures or take notes with the S-Pen while I talk to them via BT. And when people do see that beautiful 5.3 screen in public, I can imagine them asking me about it. I remember the first LG Viewty back in 2007 had a stylus too, but it had a resistive 3-inch touchscreen. If you like to sketch or prefer to view the web or videos with a more comfortable viewing experience, I can see why some people would want it like me.

ajohnson253
Sep 25, 2011, 05:38 PM
Absolutely not. Why would I do that? Android devices are a totally different device. I would still stick to my 4 or just get the new one. That simple.

Nothing else is as smooth and fluid as my iPhone. Just how I like it & the simplicity keeps me wanting more.

----------

I feel just as you do

LIVEFRMNYC
Sep 25, 2011, 05:44 PM
For me it really depends on how good iOS5 is. If hardware & OS remain basically the same, I'll definitely try for a W7 phone. I already had my eye on the Samsung Focus, so I'll either get that or wait for a newest Focus or good W7 model to release.

But of course this is highly unlikely. I'm sure the next iPhone will set all other devices back for a good 3-4 months.

roberthodgson
Sep 25, 2011, 05:57 PM
Will upgrade to the Iphone 5 if there is a deal or stay with my current iPhone 4 till next year
I looked at the Samsung for fun but it just feels cheap and you can not beat the Quality, support and warranty that Apple offers.

KentuckyHouse
Sep 25, 2011, 05:57 PM
Quick observation...

Red text + your signature does nothing else but tries make me feel bad while making you look stupid. That hardware you have there can sum up yearly income in quite a few places in the world and certainly you can afford more than one platform. So.. Next time try to use some real arguments instead of showing how much IDevice fan are you.

2009 Mac Mini 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 320GB HD|MacBook Air 13" 1.6Ghz 2GB RAM 80GB HD|iPhone 4 32GB Black|iPad 2 64GB Wi-Fi+3G White|2011 Mac Mini 2.7Ghz i7 8GB RAM 750GB HD

And what you mean insult peoples intelligence. It's a phone. There is no rocket science here. If people can't even google "how to" or find a youtube vid for it how can you even TRY to defend their braincell count??

OK, you need to S-T-F-U. Whether you like it or not, you're coming off as a high-and-mighty $%#.

You want to critique MY signature? What, I've got a 6 year old iPod and a 3GS, so I should shut up about not being able to afford more than one phone on multiple platforms? Please.

You're correct that it's just a phone and people get way to upset over these sorts of things. But to blast someone because they point out that most people can't afford more than one phone on multiple platforms is just stupid. Could I afford it? Probably. But what's your definition of "afford"? If I tried to have 3 phones, one running iOS, one running WP7, and one running Android, I could do it. But it would come at the expense of me actually being able to ENJOY life.

Stick a sock in it and stop being such an arrogant $%#&@.

blesio
Sep 25, 2011, 05:58 PM
I like ma iphone 4, i would like it a hella more if it had an A5 CPU and a little betta battery. Oh man, and if they put all this **** back in the iPhone 3GS case then I would just loooove my :apple: iphone.

ChristianJapan
Sep 25, 2011, 06:03 PM
I'm actually fine with my iP4 as it is. It does all it needs toad looks good; even after after one year.

LTE is not yet available wildly as it should be; I have a mobile LTE Wifi router but that often switch back to 3G, downtown Tokyo. Another year to wait for mainstream.

Of course a slightly bigger screen and NFC would be nice; but as others I'm voluntary stucked with the Apple ego-system, I mean Eco system. No real chance to switch.

The android smartphone from my wife just don't intressted me too much. Feels not right.

But I'm open to check out other tablets as additional toy to my iPad. Missed the HP bargain sale.

Waiting more for iPad 3 than iP5

nfl46
Sep 25, 2011, 06:14 PM
No, I'll go Blackberry, though. Lol. I'm joking.

Nope. I'll just have the iPhone 4S then.

damant
Sep 25, 2011, 06:28 PM

Woooow... Really... So if I have three phones : three operating systems : i'm a genius !? And should I start calling everyone "stupid "...

So smart!

mikelegacy
Sep 25, 2011, 06:50 PM
Why is that? You can't find your way without GPS no more? Or is it that you can chat while on the go with your smartphone? Or maybe playing games is your thing? Nope? Then it must be Martha Stewart cooking app...

And yeah. There's nothing in a smartphone that changed my life. Yes it makes it easier but that's a HUGE difference.

A child can change your life, your school can change your life, your hard work/lazyness can change your life but no freaking device will ever achieve that. You got too much of apple propaganda with this "life changing", "magical" and "ground breaking" stuff. It's marketing where smart people make dumb ones praise their toy lol.
As a matter of fact, my iPhone has changed my daily life. I'm sure many people can attest to this.

It changes the way I view the internet everyday. It changes the way people do most of their daily tasks.

The iPhone does make life easier, and it truly DOES change people's lives.

The iPad has amazing technologies to help people with learning disabilities and other problems/heath issues that was unheard of before. They are used in some hospitals and in many scientific settings. Even as navigation tools in planes.

IDK, but for a device that was originally made to be someone's "toy", that's pretty damn magical.

Call me a fanboy, whatever. But that is the truth. iOS and iDevices can be used in ways that are unfathomable to many of us and they truly do help people.

Goldinboy17
Sep 25, 2011, 06:52 PM
I asked myself the same question only yesterday. I've purchased all of the iPhones and have enjoyed them immensely. I think I'll be moving to Android if the next iPhone doesn't impress me. Part of the problem is AT&T and its crappy service. My new home only receives GPRS as well as an occasional EDGE signal. I'd definitely keep the new iPhone if it T-Mobile were to receive it so I could use HSPA+. I'd possibly even consider moving to Verizon if it were LTE compatible. I'm not really holding my breath though, all I know is that I need to dump AT&T within the next couple of weeks.

henry72
Sep 25, 2011, 06:52 PM
Sure not unless you just want new stuff instead of nice and stabile software. :)

fertilized-egg
Sep 25, 2011, 07:16 PM
As a current use of the first Galaxy S with a decent amount of experience in installing XDA ROMs and all that stuff, I was thoroughly underwhelmed after trying out some of the latest Androids, including the Galaxy S2, HTC Sensation, Moto Atrix, etc, especially the Galaxy S2 which was supposed to be the new messiah - in other words the new EVO 4G.

Not that any of them was bad or even not very good, they were all excellent phones with varied strengths. But at the end they are all still Android phones. If you like the fit&finish of Apple hardware and iOS software, Android phones just don't make the cut yet, IMHO. I haven't tried any of the Sony-Ericsson stuff yet but I somehow doubt that'll make me think differently. Other buyers could very well find reasons to choose Android phones but for my current personal criteria, I'd really like to get away from Android.

fmjordan23
Sep 25, 2011, 07:24 PM
If you are currently using the iPhone you have to already know that the experience you get both with the product and the support from Apple will not be duplicated by anyone else. That being said, why would you change to another product?!

After all.......who signs up to be number 2?!

SactoGuy18
Sep 25, 2011, 07:29 PM
If the new iPhone is essentially the iPhone 4 with a non-glass back, 8 megapixel camera, and A5 CPU/GPU only, they're going to lose a lot of sales. Especially now with Android phones with 4.0 to 4.5 inch (diagonal) touchscreens, LTE support and more and more with near-field communications (NFC) support.

Clarkish
Sep 25, 2011, 08:07 PM
I currently have a Droid X and while I like it, I want to go and give the iPhone another go. I had the 3GS, but at the time where I was traveling a lot, the AT&T coverage wasn't very good. Anyways, I was hoping for LTE and NFC in the new iPhone, but I doubt thats going to happen. One if just a battery drain and the other is pretty much useless. The iPhone 4 is a great phone with a great design to it. If the screen was a tad bit bigger, I probably would have already jumped to get it. I'm very curious and excited to see what the new iPhone will have to offer either way.

brodas
Sep 25, 2011, 08:09 PM
It depends if ice cream sandwich makes android more smooth and if the android market gets better because right now the apps suck

vikingjunior
Sep 25, 2011, 08:16 PM
It depends if ice cream sandwich makes android more smooth and if the android market gets better because right now the apps suck

Not all the apps suck if you take the time to read a few reviews you will see what apps suck and what don't.

IXDoubleDXI
Sep 25, 2011, 08:23 PM
If/when the iPhone does come to Sprint, I'm ditching my Nexus S 4G and picking it up. 4S, 5, whatever it is, I'm ready to jump back to iOS. No 4G service in my area, so that's not relevant. Android is sweet, but I'd prefer something that works 100% all the time.

TruckdriverSean
Sep 25, 2011, 09:06 PM
With the upcoming launch of the new iPhone, I have considered many times what I might or might not do if the new iPhone isn't what I really want. (bigger screen mostly)

Switching to a top-end Android phone (say a Samsung Galaxy S2) has crossed my mind, though it's hard to say how likely I would be to swap. The pita associated with switching app/service ecosystems, the learning curve of the different OS, as well as now having to deal with a different set of positives and negatives leaves me wondering if a switch would really be worth it.

Consider also that now that i have an iPad, my smartphone use at home is different.

Before I purchased an iPad I would often reach for my iPhone to do quick tasks, but I now reach for my iPad. New email? iPad. Check on a thread or see what's on the front page of MR, Engadget or ARFCOM? iPad. Respond to something on FB? iPad.

My point is that during the one period of the day I most wanted my iPhone to be bigger (home in the evening), I'm sitting next to my iPad. So I wonder how much practical difference (for my uses) there would be in upgrading early to a larger phone, iPhone or not.

sk1wbw
Sep 25, 2011, 09:11 PM
I dislike Android with a huge passion. I'll never own another one ever again, so no, I won't go to another phone if the iPhone 5 isn't so radical as everyone here wants it to be.

utl768
Sep 25, 2011, 09:23 PM
ill prolly pick up an android device

i love apple but i have an ipad already and the iphone design is getting boring to me

blairh
Sep 25, 2011, 11:27 PM
OP here. Some great responses on this thread.

I started this question because it had been on my mind leading up to the iPhone 4 launch last summer. Back then I was praying Apple would offer a 64 GB model and a larger screen (ideally 4"). I decided to stay with Apple because the retina display was awesome and the competition, IMO, was pathetic. Before getting the iP4 I had been using the 3G iPhone for 2 years but was dying to move on because the latest iOS at that time was making my 3G iPhone sluggish in performance.

More than a year has passed and I'm in the same boat. I can't know what I'm doing until the next keynote. Clearly. And even if the next iPhone is purely a spec upgrade, it doesn't mean I'm going Android. But I will be frustrated. I love the retina display but it's simply too small IMO. (This is a complaint that I find among commentators on almost every tech site that I frequent when there is an 'iPhone 5' story.) It would be perfect if the display could stay as sharp but increase up to 4". My desire for 64 GB will be met eventually by Apple. (And no, I don't think iCloud will stop Apple from giving us a 64 GB model either this year or in the next few years.)

The absolute killer feature for me on the iPhone is the ability to add and delete podcasts without reverting to connecting my iPhone to a computer. I could never jump to Android unless it would allow me to continue my podcast consumption in the same manner. Using an iTouch in conjunction with an Android device does not appeal to me. I have grown accustomed to using my cell phone as essentially my all-in-one device and I'll never go back to having a separate mp3 player again.

All I can say is that October 4th can't come soon enough. Regardless of what Apple unveils.

Zepaw
Sep 25, 2011, 11:31 PM
I keep stupidly trying an Android phone expecting it to not be as much of a glitchy junk-fest as the last one but I am proved the fool each time. Droid X, LG Optimus V, Samsung Note all froze on me more often than I could count. I will get the next iPhone major upgrade or not.

TM WAZZA
Sep 25, 2011, 11:31 PM
I tried an Android, would never go back again.

Aldaris
Sep 25, 2011, 11:35 PM
OP here...

The absolute killer feature for me on the iPhone is the ability to add and delete podcasts without reverting to connecting my iPhone to a computer. I could never jump to Android unless it would allow me to continue my podcast consumption in the same manner. Using an iTouch in conjunction with an Android device does not appeal to me. I have grown accustomed to using my cell phone as essentially my all-in-one device and I'll never go back to having a separate mp3 player again.

Can you not get an App like podcaster or any other RSS app on Android?

The Californian
Sep 25, 2011, 11:37 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Honestly, after the problems I had with an iPhone 4 and the time we've had to wait for an update - if it's not something that is a clear upgrade from the iPhone 4 I'll most likely be looking elsewhere. Which is incredibly surprising considering I've had an iPhone for three years and have always said I'm committed to the product line.

Zepaw
Sep 25, 2011, 11:37 PM
Would this even be a question if the phone had come out a couple month ago? They added a few months to the wait and now people will not be pleased unless the next iPhone 4 makes sandwiches.

Can you not get an App like podcaster or any other RSS app on Android?

I would recommend Doggcatcher. It is a paid app but it work brilliantly.

TM WAZZA
Sep 25, 2011, 11:38 PM
All I can say is that October 4th can't come soon enough. Regardless of what Apple unveils.

Let's wait for the invite first :cool:

Zepaw
Sep 25, 2011, 11:41 PM
Let's wait for the invite first :cool:

Imagine the whine-fest that will ensue if that gets delayed as well and the counters of "it was only a rumor anyway".

vitzr
Sep 25, 2011, 11:56 PM
I use both. It's much more fun that way.

They both have their Pro's and cons. Presently I'm finding my new Samsung Galaxy SII the best for my tastes. It's so fast, smooth, with a brilliant & large wide screen, there's much more room to touch when taking notes, handling email & the like. Since I use it for the net while traveling the overall experience is so much nicer.

That said I do understand why many prefer the small iPhone. It's better for the ladies who are fond of it's tinier screen.

At some point I'd like to see an iPhone with a 4.3" display since that's the size that produces an exact 16:9 widescreen ratio for movies & videos.

The Game 161
Sep 26, 2011, 03:44 AM
Why switch? iphone will still have IOS 5

the best software around.

Futhark
Sep 26, 2011, 03:48 AM
Erm........ No !!!

Robby S
Sep 26, 2011, 03:52 AM
Will You Go Android?
Sure, why not? I've got hundreds of free and paid apps tied to my Apple ID that I can share across multiple devices in my house. If the next iPhone is not a redesign I might as well just throw all of that and my perfectly functional iPhone 4 away and jump to the highly fragmented Android platform where the only device I'll have of its type is the phone which will end up superseded a week later anyway... :rolleyes:

ggmissmolly
Sep 26, 2011, 04:17 AM
"Would this even be a question if the phone had come out a couple month ago? They added a few months to the wait and now people will not be pleased unless the next iPhone 4 makes sandwiches. "

Exactly, if Apple had launched a 4S in June and suggested a major ungrade in 2012 there wouldn't be all this crap. A clear delay in announcement of a 4S (if that's whats coming) looks pretty weak in a fast changing marketplace.

I will not enter a 2 year contract on a non LTE device. If data is of any value to you, you won't either. I'll keep my 3GS until I find an LTE (and NFC) candidate that I like........or buy a dumb phone and an LTE hot spot. I own and love a lot of Apple devices, but my loyalty is only to the latest functionality. Many of you were satisfied with dial up internet service in 1999, but you wouldn't even think a bout it today. Same for LTE versus 3G in less than 2 years.

TheSacredSoul
Sep 26, 2011, 04:36 AM
Over the past 4 years, I've been alternating between iOS and Android. I've owned all 4 iPhones. Tried the very first Android phone after my iPhone 3G, the G1. I've also use the HTC Legend, Dell Streak and currently, the LG Optimus 2X.

Android has definitely grown over the past couple of years. More apps, more fine-tuning, more features etc. The one big advantage iOS has over Android and perhaps the biggest advantage is that iOS is customized for the particular device. This is easy considering there are only iPhones, iPod Touches and iPads running iOS. Apple has the ability to tune them in order to supplement the hardware. This is not the same for Android. It's pretty much one size fits all. Another problem I've faced with Android since the days of the G1 is the horrid battery life. Lasting one day is a miracle really. The only battery life that has really impressed me over the past few years is the iPhone 4's battery.

Sold my iPhone 4 on the 2nd of Jan and got myself a Dell Streak. Do I regret it? No. A 5" phone turns heads. Do I wish I could go back to the iPhone? Yes. That's why I'll be getting the iPhone 5. It's a good thing I can recontract in 2 days time too. :D But if Apple releases a iPhone 4S, then I might wait and see what the Nexus Prime/Galaxy Note has to offer.

charliecc
Sep 26, 2011, 04:52 AM
I hope the iPhone has a bigger screen, look what Samsung just came up with.

4.65-inch Super AMOLED HD screen with 1280 x 720 resolution, which translates to about 316 pixels per inch.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/26/samsung-announces-galaxy-s-ii-lte-and-galaxy-s-ii-hd-lte-handset/

Robby S
Sep 26, 2011, 04:58 AM
Many of you were satisfied with dial up internet service in 1999, but you wouldn't even think a bout it today.
There is a huge difference between people wanting something because it's the latest and greatest versus people getting something because that's just how it is. No, of course people would not even think about dial-up today - show me any provider that pushes that technology as their primary service to consumers. People get fast broadband these days because that's what is available, just like people buy 1080p TVs and computers with dual and quad core processors. It's just how things are, regardless of the actual tangible benefits, or potentially lack thereof.

A 5" phone turns heads.
Haha, I'll bet! Not in a good way though - they'll be thinking what the hell is that brick he is holding ;)

TheSacredSoul
Sep 26, 2011, 04:59 AM
I hope the iPhone has a bigger screen, look what Samsung just came up with.

4.65-inch Super AMOLED HD screen with 1280 x 720 resolution, which translates to about 316 pixels per inch.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/26/samsung-announces-galaxy-s-ii-lte-and-galaxy-s-ii-hd-lte-handset/

Realistically speaking, the biggest the iPhone 5 will go is a 3.8 inch screen. Anything bigger is not Apple's style. ;)

charliecc
Sep 26, 2011, 05:06 AM
Realistically speaking, the biggest the iPhone 5 will go is a 3.8 inch screen. Anything bigger is not Apple's style. ;)

Yep, I don't want a 4.65, too big. But if Apple did an edge to edge 4.2 LG 720p screen, then I think that would be perfect. The fact it was edge to edge would mean a slightly smaller form factor than other phones with comparable screen sizes.

TheSacredSoul
Sep 26, 2011, 05:11 AM
Haha, I'll bet! Not in a good way though - they'll be thinking what the hell is that brick he is holding ;)

Hahaha. It was in striking red colour. And when I talked on the phone, it looked like I was talking using a book. But It was pretty good really. Haha. Sucks that I lost it in a cab after a drunk night :(

eaglesteve
Sep 26, 2011, 05:25 AM
I'll stick with my iPhone 4 if iPhone 5 does not have a larger screen of at least 4 inches. Would not touch another Android phone with a ten foot pole. Been there. Done that.

itsmemuffins
Sep 26, 2011, 05:58 AM
No. I will never get an Android, no matter how tempting the spec or design may be, simply because of the OS and also my dislike of Google.

I'll just happily keep my iPhone 4 with iOS 5 until the next new Apple design.

BillyBobBongo
Sep 26, 2011, 06:11 AM
Nope, I'm sticking with iPhone.

daneoni
Sep 26, 2011, 06:13 AM
Nope.

Damian.
Sep 26, 2011, 06:14 AM
I prefer the iOS UI.
I like the retina display.
iPhone is 100% compatible with my Mac.
iPhone syncs with my iTunes library.
I prefer the iPhone design and hardware. (Aluminum and glass)

So will I go Android? No.

RenoG
Sep 26, 2011, 08:36 AM
Maybe if I were a fickle grown child that had electronic A.D.D.

greytmom
Sep 26, 2011, 08:42 AM
I love the design of the iPhone 4, so I'm perfectly content with sticking with it.

ihonda
Sep 26, 2011, 09:46 AM
iphone for life

blairh
Sep 26, 2011, 10:20 AM
Would this even be a question if the phone had come out a couple month ago? They added a few months to the wait and now people will not be pleased unless the next iPhone 4 makes sandwiches.

I would recommend Doggcatcher. It is a paid app but it work brilliantly.

Just researched Doggcatcher. No ability to rewind back 30 seconds with a tap of a button. Not the end of the world but I use that feature enough where I'd miss it a lot. It's good to see there is an option at least but a shame that you can't simply download podcasts easily without the use of an app. I'd have to make sure I can download all the podcasts I frequent before giving into the app. That's if I ever decide to jump ship one day.

Out of curiosity, does Android allow you to view your battery life as a percentage like the iPhone does?

nburwell
Sep 26, 2011, 10:21 AM
Absolutely not. I invested too much money in apps to switch. Plus, the iPhone just works for me. I've had every model of the iPhone dating back the 1G. I have no plans on switching to Andriod at all.

theperipheral
Sep 26, 2011, 10:41 AM
I never was a big-screen kinda guy. I didn't ever see that as a reason to upgrade, I wanted a physical redesign...just because change is interesting, and keeping the same thing gets boring.

My friend, a manager of the Best Buy Mobile, got a free Galaxy S2 a couple of days ago and I messed with it last night and I have to admit, having that screen (I think it's a 4.3") is absolutely awesome.

So, if Apple goes full-retard and releases a "4S" type of device, I will more than likely get that S2, and then when the actual upgrade to the 4 comes out, I'll use an early upgrade (pay $400 or so) to get the iPhone 6.

gta50419
Sep 26, 2011, 10:45 AM
nope, never again.
ill just stick it out with my iPhone 4 until a redesign comes

BlindMellon
Sep 26, 2011, 01:05 PM
So, if Apple goes full-retard and releases a "4S" type of device, I will more than likely get that S2, and then when the actual upgrade to the 4 comes out, I'll use an early upgrade (pay $400 or so) to get the iPhone 6.
That gave me a good chuckle.

If Apple doesnt change the design this time around, I wouldn't be so sure they will next time either. Those of us that have been waiting 15 months for a larger screen are very well likely to be sorely disappointed in a couple weeks. I wouldn't wait another year for a change.

theperipheral
Sep 26, 2011, 02:28 PM
That gave me a good chuckle.

If Apple doesnt change the design this time around, I wouldn't be so sure they will next time either. Those of us that have been waiting 15 months for a larger screen are very well likely to be sorely disappointed in a couple weeks. I wouldn't wait another year for a change.

I'm thinking that Apple is going to announce a brand new design with a bigger screen in a couple of weeks. If they don't, they really are putting themselves in a bad spot. Millions of people will still buy whatever they announce, but they are throwing out millions of dollars in potential revenue for people who don't want a tiny toy to play with anymore.

As far as the screen goes, if they don't change that this year, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't change that next year. The body style will DEFINITELY change next year if it doesn't this year.

Calidude
Sep 26, 2011, 02:36 PM
I will go Android if and only if:

1) The next Nexus phone has as good or better build quality of whatever the iPhone 5 has.
2) The next Nexus phone has equal or better internals than the iPhone 5.
3) Android 4.0 blows iOS5 completely out of the water in terms of speed, OS intuitiveness, a superior looking design, and as a result, sees way more apps being built for it.

That said, I really doubt Google can come close to what I want if I am asked to go Android.

mellofello
Sep 26, 2011, 03:54 PM
I'm leaving iphone and AT&T if there is no bump in screen size. Everything else could be exactly the same, but I NEED a bigger screen. I need to interact with a web app all day, and it is un manageable with the iphone's small screen. My co worker has a android with a 4 inch screen that is much better (if lower resolution).

Faux Carnival
Sep 26, 2011, 04:00 PM
Yes.

err404
Sep 26, 2011, 04:27 PM
I would not consider an Android phone until ice-cream sandwich is released. I've seen too many Android devices get prematurely abandoned by manufactures despite promises of support. Google's "18 month update pledge" is a start, but I don't expect the many of device available today to gain official support for Android 4.x.

Lukkee24
Sep 26, 2011, 04:35 PM
No. I don't just go by the phone design, but also by the OS. As I prefer iOS, I won't mind whether there's a redesign for the iPhone 5 or not, as I still like the design of the iPhone 4 anyway :p.

johnnyturbouk
Sep 26, 2011, 04:43 PM
Absolutely not. I have no desire to switch to Android, Windows 7, Blackberry or anything else. I've been with Apple since the original iPhone and my next phone will also be an iPhone.

+1.......

ps the small fortune i have spent on apps!

Come on apple reward my loyalty....lol

Dwalls90
Sep 26, 2011, 04:52 PM
Honestly? I may buy the "best" AT&T android phone if I'm disappointed with the iPhone release, but I still have high intentions of returning it within the 30 day period and then buying a new iPhone (hopefully the wait time won't be too bad!)

gdjsnyder
Sep 26, 2011, 05:11 PM
I've tried Android before and found it really wasn't for me. However, I would give thought to the rumored Nexus Prime if the rumored specs are accurate, simply for the LTE, which is amazing in my area. I am not a huge fan of the iPhone 4's design, and quite frankly, I was never one to hang on to the same phone for a while. In high school I would save money and buy a new phone yearly, every other year off contract. So I do need a bit of a change. I would keep my iPhone 4 however, can't get rid of an iOS device permanently.

rockyroad55
Sep 26, 2011, 05:20 PM
+1.......

ps the small fortune i have spent on apps!

Come on apple reward my loyalty....lol

Yup same here, I have way too much apps purchased to switch OS's. I would like to, but it wouldn't really be the best route for me to take.

Number 41
Sep 26, 2011, 05:32 PM
I'll never purchase a phone made of fragile glass. I have no desire to sink hundreds of dollars into repair costs because the thing shatters whenever it hits the ground.

If the iP5 is just a redesign, I'll sit this cycle out and wait another year on my 3GS until they offer a solidly constructed design to buy.

barebackbadger8
Sep 26, 2011, 05:37 PM
NEVER!
cant speak for the new versions of android, but i had an htc hero which was ok but the screen wasnt that great.
i couldnt wait to get rid of it (2 months) and 3 offered me an early upgrade for £200, which i snapped there hands off for the 3gs (one week later iphone 4 was announced lol)
android seemed to........ cant think of a word, it felt like a beta operating system, having to mess and tweak etc to get it running fine and the battery life was shocking.
my brother brought the htc hero off me, but he gets 6 hours battery from the htc hero and that doesnt include calls, just texting and facebook!
if the 8mp camera, and better processor in the new iphone is true its a defo purchase for me.
to be honest it will be even if it isnt

Apple...
Sep 26, 2011, 05:38 PM
Absolutely not.

XxS4CR3DxX
Sep 26, 2011, 05:42 PM
Never touch android

raviadso
Sep 26, 2011, 06:30 PM
don't be ridiculous.

1) Apple doesnt need to re-invent the wheel every 12 months. As far as Im concerned, they only need to fix problems, upgrade specs and give a few new features.

2) Its so rarely worth it to upgrade every year, but for those of us with 3GSes, its a no brainer. Upgrading is looking at your phone from 2009 and comparing it to a 2011 model.

3) Android is trash. Its splintered, its slow slow when compared to its specs and it just doesnt have the diversity of apps. You want a 1.5ghz dual-core phone with android? It'll run worse than a 1.0ghz IOS device, itll crash/lock more often, and most importantly-- will rarely if ever use the second core. Its gadget/spec pr0n but wont do as much (as well) as a previous generation IOS device.

Minimum expectation for iphone 5 to buy: A5, 512mb, 8mp camera, fixed antenna, any new features of IOS 5 optimized.

Dream expectations for iphone 5: 1gb ram, larger screen, redesign

Sensamic
Sep 26, 2011, 06:56 PM
Having already the iPhone 4 and getting iOS 5 I see absolutely no need to buy the next iPhone, whethers a 4S o 5. Why would I get a 4th iOS device having already iPhone 4, iPad and iPod Touch? A 4th would be stupid simple because its paying for the same I already have.

So, considering all this, my next phone will probably be the Samsung Galaxy Note, or the Nexus Prime. If I don't like Android Ill change back to my iPhone 4 and wait for 6... or a better Android, like Galaxy S 3.

Zepaw
Sep 26, 2011, 07:27 PM
It seems ridiculous to think you need a new phone every year. Do you think an iPhone 4 will somehow not work as well next summer?

LoganT
Sep 26, 2011, 07:28 PM
It seems ridiculous to think you need a new phone every year. Do you think an iPhone 4 will somehow not work as well next summer?

I have a hole in my heart that buying a new iPhone every year fills.

Zepaw
Sep 26, 2011, 07:29 PM
I have a hole in my heart that buying a new iPhone every year fills.

Now that I have no problem with, in fact I suffer the same issue. ;)
I mostly meant technical wise. People act like they need to jump to Android because the year old Apple device is just so unusable.

wcrov
Sep 27, 2011, 05:41 AM
3) Android is trash. Its splintered, its slow slow when compared to its specs and it just doesnt have the diversity of apps. You want a 1.5ghz dual-core phone with android? It'll run worse than a 1.0ghz IOS device, itll crash/lock more often, and most importantly-- will rarely if ever use the second core. Its gadget/spec pr0n but wont do as much (as well) as a previous generation IOS device.

You don't know what you are talking!
Just stay with your TETHERED iThings' fashion and be happy!!!

SXR
Sep 27, 2011, 08:04 AM
Im buying whatever comes out , I already had to miss the iPhone 4.

Number 41
Sep 27, 2011, 10:43 AM
don't be ridiculous.

1) Apple doesnt need to re-invent the wheel every 12 months. As far as Im concerned, they only need to fix problems, upgrade specs and give a few new features.

The problem is the design with the current iPhone. The current form-factor:

1. Is not comfortable to hold

2. Has documented signal issues

3. Is made of fragile glass that shatters on both the front AND the back with no bezel to protect either side

The phone is a terrible industrial design and needs to be changed. Immediately.

Faux Carnival
Sep 27, 2011, 12:51 PM
The problem is the design with the current iPhone. The current form-factor:

1. Is not comfortable to hold

2. Has documented signal issues

3. Is made of fragile glass that shatters on both the front AND the back with no bezel to protect either side

The phone is a terrible industrial design and needs to be changed. Immediately.

I totally agree. Very difficult to hold. Though it looks very good.

iEnvy
Sep 27, 2011, 01:36 PM
If there is no redesign, then I would just stick with the 4 with iOS 5. Should hold me down until an iPhone...6?

----------

I totally agree. Very difficult to hold. Though it looks very good.

+1 Totally agree. The 3GS feels better in the hand than the 4

Atarikid
Sep 27, 2011, 02:19 PM
Good lord no. Android OS is far too clunky.

Thats because you didn't try it (trust me)

pdutta2000
Sep 27, 2011, 02:39 PM
There's only 2 options for me:

1. Stay with my iPhone4
2. Upgrade to iPhone5

There's no option for Android or Blackberry or Windows Phone and that's not because I don't think their good...it's because I'm too invested in Apple. I have Apple car chargers, Docks, Video kits, Apple Tvs, Macbooks. I also have ~50 paid apps that I'm not re-buying. If the iPhone5 doesn't work for me...I'll stick with the iPhone4 and use iOS 5 and wait till next year. Do people really switch and re-buy apps and accessories on different platforms every year? Really?

I remember switching phones every year when I had a Blackberry...but that had no ecosystem. A blackberry was standalone. There was no app store. No inter-connected devices....just basic accessories. Apple changed all that. They made the phone integral to their product network. My parents bought an iPad because they know they can Facetime with my kids. In order for me to change, I'd have to buy my parents a different tablet to facetime/skype. My car has an iPhone dock cable. I'm not re-buying all this stuff. Not happening.

alexlovesmacs
Sep 27, 2011, 02:40 PM
If it's just a spec update I will stick with my iPhone 4, but if it's a redesign I will still not buy it. And if I buy an iPad 3 whenever it is released, I will get a Blackberry once my contract expires. I really miss the keyboard. :(

Neocron
Sep 27, 2011, 02:42 PM
if it's not a redesign, i'll wait for 2012 :p

err404
Sep 27, 2011, 02:58 PM

The perception of Android lacking fluidity or polish does not come out of thin air. You might be surprised at how many current iPhone users have extensively tried, previously owned or currently own Android devices.

My wife (who could care less about band loyalty) refused to use my Android tablet (Dell Streak 7 with Dual Core Tegra) because scrolling in the browser always lagged behind her finger.

kilcher
Sep 27, 2011, 03:02 PM
Not me. I'm still on the 3GS so assuming it's better than the 4 I'll be happy. Obviously hoping for a surprise (bigger screen, LTE, NFC) but not too optimistic about that.

BoxerGT2.5
Sep 27, 2011, 03:15 PM
I plan on getting the Galaxy S2 on the 2nd as I've wanted to try something new. Wait to hear what's coming on the 4th, if it's not any better than my current iP4, stick with the S2 if I like it.

utl768
Sep 27, 2011, 04:18 PM
unless iphone 5 gets a redesign and a signifcant hardware bump im getting a droid bionic

PhoneI
Sep 27, 2011, 04:28 PM

I did....3 times. Never again. iPhone 5 for me.

wcrov
Sep 27, 2011, 08:30 PM
It's so stupid why people like to use wires (tethered) to connect his phone to update the OS...

Fashion explains that... LOL

Android is freedom!!!!!

hcho3
Sep 27, 2011, 08:33 PM
Would I go android?

I like android OS, but I don't like any of their hardwares. Apple makes way better hardwares.

Pink∆Floyd
Sep 27, 2011, 09:45 PM

lol dude, you need to calm down, it's just a phone...

No I wont be switching.

err404
Sep 27, 2011, 10:51 PM
It's so stupid why people like to use wires (tethered) to connect his phone to update the OS...

Fashion explains that... LOL

Android is freedom!!!!!

You realize that this thread is talking about the new iPhone and consequently the new iOS; this restriction does not apply to the new OS.

dontwalkhand
Sep 28, 2011, 12:26 AM
Switch to Android and throw away all of the money I've spent in iOS apps? No thanks. Put too much money into this platform.

Also have a lot of hardware investments that rely on iOS as well. Android is not an option for me as much as I want a larger screen.

throx
Sep 28, 2011, 12:43 AM
Sad, I am moving to Apple from loyal google fanboi. Android just isn't good enough after playing the iOS for 10 minutes.

lapeno
Sep 28, 2011, 02:06 AM
No. Keeping my ip4 then.

AkuskaUK
Sep 28, 2011, 04:15 AM
One word.

NO.

Android is buggy still, everyone i know who has used it has random crashes and problems.

wcrov
Sep 28, 2011, 04:39 AM
Switch to Android and throw away all of the money I've spent in iOS apps? No thanks. Put too much money into this platform.

Also have a lot of hardware investments that rely on iOS as well. Android is not an option for me as much as I want a larger screen.

Yes that's a good reason...
I'm sorry for you...

;-)

BlindMellon
Sep 28, 2011, 04:42 AM
Android is buggy still, everyone i know who has used it has random crashes and problems.

what a very convenient thing to say with no way to back it up.

wcrov
Sep 28, 2011, 04:43 AM
Sad, I am moving to Apple from loyal google fanboi. Android just isn't good enough after playing the iOS for 10 minutes.

Go get fashion... LOL
Unbelievable!!!!

kart
Sep 28, 2011, 04:47 AM
lol, what's android?

wcrov
Sep 28, 2011, 04:48 AM
what a very convenient thing to say with no way to back it up.

I guess you guys don't know how to use an android os...
Just google and 2 minutes you learn how to back up (without using wires and itunes... LOL)

decafjava
Sep 28, 2011, 05:34 AM
I guess you guys don't know how to use an android os...
Just google and 2 minutes you learn how to back up (without using wires and itunes... LOL)

No Mr. Troll he meant "back it up" as in one should not trash Android (or another os) without some facts to support it.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/back+up

back up,
a. to bring (a stream of traffic) to a standstill: A stalled car backed up traffic for miles.

b. Printing . to print a sheet again on its other side.

c. Printing . to fill in (the thin copper shell of an electrotype) with metal in order to strengthen it.

d. to move backward: Back up into the garage.

e. to reinforce: We backed up the cardboard with slats so it wouldn't fall down.

f. to support or confirm: He backed up my story and they let us go.

g. Computers . to duplicate (a file or a program) as a precaution against failure.

Back in your hole then. :cool:

wcrov
Sep 28, 2011, 06:51 AM
No Mr. Troll he meant "back it up" as in one should not trash Android (or another os) without some facts to support it.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/back+up

Back in your hole then. :cool:

Ooops lack of my translation...
Backing up ;)

wcrov
Sep 28, 2011, 06:56 AM
lol, what's android?

It's the actual number #1 Smartphones OS in less than 3 years after started...
Be welcome! ;)

VulchR
Sep 28, 2011, 07:01 AM
Each time I buy anything expensive I look at alternatives. This time around I don't really like Android, for it doesn't seem as polished as iOS. It reminds me of how early versions of Windows stacked up to MacOS. Also, I distrust Google. As others have said, we are not Google's customers – marketing companies are – and I worry about what private data Google is 'mining' from me.

I have yet to look at a Windows phone, but I tend to want cutting edge systems rather than bleeding edge ones.

However, maybe when I update 2 years or so after I get the next iPhone, I'll consider an Android or Windows phone (funny how nobody ever seems to mention that possibility). Maybe even Blackberry will have something that I like by then. Any phone that would lure me away from Apple would have to overcome Apple's advantages with respect seamless interoperability with the MacOS environment.

It's the actual number #1 Smartphones OS in less than 3 years after started....

'What's right isn't always popular: What's popular isn't always right.' - Howard Cosell

I guess it boils down to how one defines '#1'... Fords are more popular than Bentley's... :p

mjlawrence
Sep 28, 2011, 07:08 AM
No, I am an Android user at the moment, and I don't like it. I will be switching to the new iPhone whatever it turns out to be.

rowley
Sep 28, 2011, 07:12 AM
Ive invested time and money into my iphone, I'm not about to change it on a whim.

malias4
Sep 28, 2011, 07:15 AM
if its a new design with 4 inch i ll buy it if its not i wonyt go android but i ll stick with my old iphone4:rolleyes:

And maybe i ll buy a galaxy s 2 used, for a back up mobile!
is that called moving on android?:confused:

maflynn
Sep 28, 2011, 07:18 AM
I've used both, I've been on android, before that I was an iPhone user and I'm currently on the IP4. The issue that I think many of us will have is that we're pretty well plugged into the apple ecosystem. Its a pain to replace the apps that you already own and get the music easily synced.

For me the latter issue was the biggest problem, none of the apps available for syncing music were as easy and simple as iTunes.

Will I switch to android in the future, maybe, but for now the iPhone is suiting my needs and the more apps I have the harder it will be to switch.

Sir Ruben
Sep 28, 2011, 07:22 AM
I see the Android fanboys are signing up here in the droves to preach at us happy apple customers in a bid to convert. Sad.

If we wanted to hear about android we would be on an android forum :rolleyes:

billnye97
Sep 28, 2011, 07:24 AM
I've used both, I've been on android, before that I was an iPhone user and I'm currently on the IP4. The issue that I think many of us will have is that we're pretty well plugged into the apple ecosystem. Its a pain to replace the apps that you already own and get the music easily synced.

For me the latter issue was the biggest problem, none of the apps available for syncing music were as easy and simple as iTunes.

Will I switch to android in the future, maybe, but for now the iPhone is suiting my needs and the more apps I have the harder it will be to switch.

Good points. I currently have a HTC Evo. I made the switch to Android after having various versions of iPhones for 3 years (since the initial launch). I will be going back to the iPhone. I wanted a different experience and Android isn't as bad as the fanboys say it is. For me though with all the investment in the Apple ecosystem syncing music isn't as easy as just syncing with iTunes. I have tried various methods on Android and they work but it isn't as seemless.

George Knighton
Sep 28, 2011, 07:58 AM

I would *not* see a particular reason to switch and, in fact, I'll be waiting to see if the iPhone 4S/5 offers any appreciable performance advantage before I spend any money.

For example, my dual core iPad 2 doesn't seem to offer any particular advantage over the original iPad. People aren't even writing applications to use the dual core, it seems to me, and the memory performance of both iPhone and iPad is so good that I'm not sure we'd be able to tell, even if they did write the applications for it.

I've played around with Android devices, and I'm just not blown away.

I think that if you use Windows, you might be more tempted.

I'm on OSX and SELinux, and I see no reason to screw up what's working perfectly by beginning to play around with Google stuff. :-)

But, of course, that's just me.

----------

And maybe i ll buy a galaxy s 2 used, for a back up mobile!
is that called moving on android?

No.

But I think it *is* called, "asking for trouble."

:-)

drober30
Sep 28, 2011, 08:11 AM
NO.

Should have been a Poll.

iWangKe
Sep 28, 2011, 08:17 AM
No. Android is too complicated for me. Virus, low level control of the system. Too dangerous. I'd trust Apple rather than 3rd party developers.

Android is just another Windows, which I suffer a lot from.
BTW, the Android battery sucks.

wcrov
Sep 28, 2011, 03:00 PM
'What's right isn't always popular: What's popular isn't always right.' - Howard Cosell

I guess it boils down to how one defines '#1'... Fords are more popular than Bentley's... :p

You're right! But I bet that you don't need to connect your Bentley to a computer to start its engine ;)
Or can you open a flash page with your Bentley? Ooops, I guess now you can... ;)

PlatinuM195
Sep 28, 2011, 03:09 PM
Just sold my GS2 in anticipation of the new iPhone. While the GS2 had a lot going for it, it felt no where near as polished software-wise compared to iOS.

Particularly in animation smoothness and lag. I'm not sure if anyone notices but iOS seems to mostly have 60fps+ animations while gingerbread typically feels a little laggy (sometimes only slightly) and there is significantly more input lag.

nefan65
Sep 28, 2011, 03:20 PM
Each time I buy anything expensive I look at alternatives. This time around I don't really like Android, for it doesn't seem as polished as iOS. It reminds me of how early versions of Windows stacked up to MacOS. Also, I distrust Google. As others have said, we are not Google's customers – marketing companies are – and I worry about what private data Google is 'mining' from me.

I have yet to look at a Windows phone, but I tend to want cutting edge systems rather than bleeding edge ones.

However, maybe when I update 2 years or so after I get the next iPhone, I'll consider an Android or Windows phone (funny how nobody ever seems to mention that possibility). Maybe even Blackberry will have something that I like by then. Any phone that would lure me away from Apple would have to overcome Apple's advantages with respect seamless interoperability with the MacOS environment.

It's also the #1 returned phone OS [or at least Android handsets in general]. That IS fact...

err404
Sep 28, 2011, 03:25 PM
You're right! But I bet that you don't need to connect your Bentley to a computer to start its engine ;)
More then half of your posts on this thread are repeating that iOS4 needs to be tethered to activate/update. You should get some new talking points, since this thread is about the NEXT iPhone. iOS 5 and iCloud solve this issue more completely than what Android currently offers. It provides automated full backups of ALL data and configurations to the cloud wirelessly. Plus a standardized means for developers to provide cross device synchronization. With iOS 5 you will never need to connect the data cable to a computer.

g0odfr1end102
Sep 28, 2011, 03:26 PM
4G is great sure, I'm not ripping or anything, but what good is it if you're in a low signal zone? It comes back to having 3G, correct me if I'm wrong though... I think Apple is waiting for a standarization of 4G all around the world, before seriously considering integrating it inside their product :confused:

I'm french, please excuse any spelling mistake ;)

wcrov
Sep 28, 2011, 06:22 PM
More then half of your posts on this thread are repeating that iOS4 needs to be tethered to activate/update. You should get some new talking points, since this thread is about the NEXT iPhone. iOS 5 and iCloud solve this issue more completely than what Android currently offers. It provides automated full backups of ALL data and configurations to the cloud wirelessly. Plus a standardized means for developers to provide cross device synchronization. With iOS 5 you will never need to connect the data cable to a computer.

Lets wait and see if Apple will definitely set us free...
Apple will find a way to keep the iCloud linked to MacOsx...
Don't think Apple likes iThings out of their hands...
Just wait and you'll see... ;)

murdoc158
Sep 28, 2011, 07:24 PM
As a former iPhone user and current Android user, I'm done with Android for a while. The battery life is crap, the games are seriously lacking, and the hardware is being updated 3X/month. There is no LTE phone out that will not be dead in less then 12 hours. I will miss the larger screen, but I will not miss the headaches.

Matthew9559
Sep 28, 2011, 08:37 PM
I have already tried Android (HTC Inspire 4G). I tried it for 3-4 months and came back to my iPhone 4.

Battery life on the Inspire sucked, less than 9 hours. Unacceptable. I tried everything. Turned off wifi, gps, bluetooth, 25% brightness (which sucks to use a phone at), custom ROMs meant to increase battery life, etc.

Overall, Android is great but has so many little problems from my use. Nothing major but the polish is not their like iOS. Obviously, I enjoy some aspects of Android a lot more than iOS but not nearly enough of them.

SenseiPhone
Sep 28, 2011, 09:21 PM
Yes, I WILL

will be waiting for the new iPhone released.
Moving to android is BIG NO-NO!

Anyone agreed?

vikingjunior
Sep 28, 2011, 09:32 PM
Take it from a long time android user who is tired of being a beta tester for Google. Android has been and always will be buggy. Heck there settings are still not in alphabetical order. Each app works differently no two are the same that's if they work at all. The battery life on all these androids suck. Also I can't seem to unlock the slide on the first try especially if the phone is ringing. I can't take it anymore I'm going to throw my android out the window!

err404
Sep 29, 2011, 10:43 AM
Lets wait and see if Apple will definitely set us free...
Apple will find a way to keep the iCloud linked to MacOsx...
Don't think Apple likes iThings out of their hands...
Just wait and you'll see... ;)

Sounds like you are used to new features being poorly implemented at launch. OTA updates and iCloud backups/restores are already working very well in the Beta. iCloud web services are rolling out for cross platform support. Windows/OSX iTunes are building in iCloud and Wifi sync services. Lion is gaining native iCloud support... and it all comes in the next few weeks.

wcrov
Sep 29, 2011, 12:37 PM
Sounds like you are used to new features being poorly implemented at launch. OTA updates and iCloud backups/restores are already working very well in the Beta. iCloud web services are rolling out for cross platform support. Windows/OSX iTunes are building in iCloud and Wifi sync services. Lion is gaining native iCloud support... and it all comes in the next few weeks.

Ok then, good luck!
Go get fashioned ;)

wcrov
Sep 30, 2011, 04:56 AM
Sounds like you are used to new features being poorly implemented at launch.

BTW, I never had problems with antenna issues (iPhone4) or displays (iPhone5). So, to answer your question: No, I'm not used to new features being poorly implemented at launch ;)

decafjava
Sep 30, 2011, 05:03 AM
BTW, I never had problems with antenna issues (iPhone4) or displays (iPhone5). So, to answer your question: No, I'm not used to new features being poorly implemented at launch ;)

How the hell do you know if the iphone 5 has display problems before it even comes out? :rolleyes: You're getting a bit boring troll-boy.

wcrov
Sep 30, 2011, 06:56 AM
How the hell do you know if the iphone 5 has display problems before it even comes out? :rolleyes: You're getting a bit boring troll-boy.

Just google and open your head... ;)

@limera1nJB: iPhone 5 Initial Shipments Affected By Touch Panel Issues - http://bit.ly/npRcpM

satkin2
Sep 30, 2011, 07:40 AM
Nope, wouldn't go Android.

Once your're invested in the ecosystem then you either have to take the hit and lose the money you've invested in apps etc; or live within the Apple world.

I've seen nothing yet in the Android world that would make me want to move away and the longer I'm in Apples environment my investment in it will only increase, thus tying me in ever tighter.

BergerFan
Sep 30, 2011, 07:41 AM
Go Android? Get outta here!
The iPhone 4 is the first phone that I've been truly happy with. iOS 5 will make it more complete, even though I've had this phone for 13 months now.
Any hardware improvements will be a bonus.

BlindMellon
Sep 30, 2011, 09:59 AM
I have already tried Android (HTC Inspire 4G). I tried it for 3-4 months and came back to my iPhone 4.

Battery life on the Inspire sucked, less than 9 hours. Unacceptable. I tried everything. Turned off wifi, gps, bluetooth, 25% brightness (which sucks to use a phone at), custom ROMs meant to increase battery life, etc.

Overall, Android is great but has so many little problems from my use. Nothing major but the polish is not their like iOS. Obviously, I enjoy some aspects of Android a lot more than iOS but not nearly enough of them.

I don't know what it is with HTC, but they keep shooting themselves in the foot with crappy batteries. 1250 milliamps in the HTC Inspire is an absolute joke. I did find that you can get an after market 1600 milliamp battery, which would make it entirely acceptable.

MVallee
Sep 30, 2011, 10:00 AM
Never.

I'll have an iPhone as long as Apple makes them.

LivingLarge
Sep 30, 2011, 10:03 AM
Never.

I'll have an iPhone as long as Apple makes them.

Same here, Apple for life :D

Burton8219
Sep 30, 2011, 10:24 AM
As a former iPhone user and current Android user, I'm done with Android for a while. The battery life is crap, the games are seriously lacking, and the hardware is being updated 3X/month. There is no LTE phone out that will not be dead in less then 12 hours. I will miss the larger screen, but I will not miss the headaches.
My sentiments exactly... Even with a Google dev phone Android is still lacking in the apps dept, which like most is pretty important to me. I've been with Android for a while now and I'm pretty much sold on leaving. I was originally saying whichever came out first on AT&T, iP5 or the Bold 9900, that was gonna be my next phone. Seems like the iP5 is gonna beat it to the punch so it looks like I'm going back to Apple. Gonna be nice to not have to have a virtual Windows machine to do any sort of work on Blackberry, I've gotta say.

auxsend
Sep 30, 2011, 10:28 AM
I'm totally ok with going to the droid.

I've always used Macs, and at the moment, the Mac still meets my requirements.

The iPhone though, if it keeps that screen size, well, that would be depressing.

akuma13
Sep 30, 2011, 10:35 AM
I switched to Verizon and signed a 2 year contract so I could get locked into unlimited Internet with my LTE Thunderbolt. The only thing I enjoy about android is it's tight integration with google voice which I love and the LTE speeds. I was convinced the new iPhone 4S would be the same design as the original which I HATED from the get go. I was planning on just getting the new iPodtouch.

With news of the iPhone 5 and a totally new redesign, I'm seriously thinking of sacrificing my LTE speeds and purchasing the the iphone 5. Am I crazy?

motty2307
Sep 30, 2011, 10:38 AM
The big thing for me is battery life, so until there's an Android out there that doesn't need charged twice a day I won't even consider it.

f00f
Sep 30, 2011, 11:06 AM
A lack of significant hardware redesign would not push me to Android. Hardware is half the package, if even that much. The OS is the other half. iOS integrates very very well with my workflow and it just works without me having to fight with it. I'm not going to sacrifice this undeniable ease-of-use simply because Apple doesn't give me a 4" screen this year. Frankly I'm not hell-bent on upgrading because iOS 5 runs rather nicely on current-gen hardware.

BlindMellon
Sep 30, 2011, 11:34 AM
It's also the #1 returned phone OS [or at least Android handsets in general]. That IS fact...

Some facts (http://www.mobileindustryreview.com/2011/07/40-of-android-devices-are-returned-well-sort-of-maybe.html) you got there. :rolleyes:

noobinator
Sep 30, 2011, 11:38 AM
Nexus Prime here I come. :apple:

Savor
Sep 30, 2011, 12:59 PM
Samsung Galaxy Note headed to USA on AT&T says FCC (http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-galaxy-note-headed-to-usa-on-att-says-fcc-30184411/)

^^ I have never been a fan of Samsung, but this is the most excited I have ever been for any of their products!

I had to look at it in two ways for me within the next few months -

- Either get a tablet for $200-$250
- Or get a Samsung Galaxy Note

Verizon is getting the Nexus Prime, so if getting the Note happens to be a bit of a trade-off for us AT&T customers, I like it!

I like that Amazon Kindle Fire and love that price, but I am just not so sure about being stuck in their "walled garden" with lesser choices, Amazon Silk collecting your data, lack of cameras, and the underpowered specs compared to the BlackBerry PlayBook. I can understand why people will get them and still enjoy them. But for my long-term needs, maybe they are not for me.

I feel tablets are useless if you can't have internet everywhere you go. Tethering can also cost. You could be stuck inside a train or on a car ride with obviously no Wi-Fi spot. Yes, the Amazon Kindle Fire and BlackBerry PlayBook can be so tempting for me for those prices. But in alot of cases, a WiFi-only tablet becomes just another giant media player to lug around and nothing more.

With the Note, it is like killing two birds with one stone. Yeah, it can be too big for a phone and too small for a tablet. But some people will get used to it and I may never go back to a sub-4.5 inch touchscreen ever again.

tctony
Sep 30, 2011, 01:23 PM
Hell no

jamald
Sep 30, 2011, 02:21 PM
God no. I'd be a bit disappointed, but my primary concern is still the OS, and iOS is still the one I prefer. Plus if I had to choose something else, I'd sooner get a Windows Phone than an Android.

aohus
Sep 30, 2011, 02:23 PM
Galaxy Note hardware is impressive.

5.3 inch WXGA 1280 x 800 on SAMOLED HD display.

stylus input inside the device itself. thats pretty novel. lets see if it will be put to use in the real world though.

err404
Sep 30, 2011, 03:12 PM
While it's is tempting, I feel that the Note is too much of a compromise. It's uncomfortably large to be my daily phone, but too small for surfing on the couch or other light computing needs. Since it doesn't serve either function particularity well, it needs to fill a void as a third device, between a phone and a tablet. I don't think that such a niche exists in many peoples lifestyle.

PhoneI
Sep 30, 2011, 03:14 PM
Samsung Galaxy Note headed to USA on AT&T says FCC (http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-galaxy-note-headed-to-usa-on-att-says-fcc-30184411/)

^^ I have never been a fan of Samsung, but this is the most excited I have ever been for any of their products!

I had to look at it in two ways for me within the next few months -

- Either get a tablet for $200-$250
- Or get a Samsung Galaxy Note

Verizon is getting the Nexus Prime, so if getting the Note happens to be a bit of a trade-off for us AT&T customers, I like it!

I like that Amazon Kindle Fire and love that price, but I am just not so sure about being stuck in their "walled garden" with lesser choices, Amazon Silk collecting your data, lack of cameras, and the underpowered specs compared to the BlackBerry PlayBook. I can understand why people will get them and still enjoy them. But for my long-term needs, maybe they are not for me.

I feel tablets are useless if you can't have internet everywhere you go. Tethering can also cost. You could be stuck inside a train or on a car ride with obviously no Wi-Fi spot. Yes, the Amazon Kindle Fire and BlackBerry PlayBook can be so tempting for me for those prices. But in alot of cases, a WiFi-only tablet becomes just another giant media player to lug around and nothing more.

With the Note, it is like killing two birds with one stone. Yeah, it can be too big for a phone and too small for a tablet. But some people will get used to it and I may never go back to a sub-4.5 inch touchscreen ever again.

Um, a device with a screen over 5" is no longer a cell phone. Its a small tablet. No thanks.

eaglesteve
Sep 30, 2011, 04:14 PM
I would buy the Galaxy Note without hesitation if it runs iOS. It does look weird as a phone but you can use a bluetooth headset. It's half the weight and thickness of HTC Advantage although it's also longer.

joefarrell86
Sep 30, 2011, 04:38 PM
I like the idea of switching to Android but I'm going to buy the new iPhone regardless. I don't want to have to repurchase all my apps on a new OS. Also, I like how fluidly my Apple products work together. I don't think I would get the same cohesiveness with Android (although, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

I would probably just stick with the iPhone 4 if they only release a minor spec bump, but I broke my screen last weekend. :( Convenient timing, I guess...

onthecouchagain
Sep 30, 2011, 07:00 PM
Did anyone read the review of the Galaxy SII for ATT over at Engadget? In all honesty, it looks and sounds quite good: http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/30/atandt-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-review/

NoHo
Sep 30, 2011, 07:02 PM
Some people only care about the look of the phone, not the functionality.

You could put the iPhone 5 in an iPhone 4 design, and put a 3GS in a new design, and people here would buy the 3GS just because it has a new design.

Most iPhone users don't even use their iPhone's. Their happy to be charged $5 less for 2GB of data instead of unlimited because they barely use it. It's a status thing with them. They want to be cool.

BergerFan
Oct 1, 2011, 02:10 AM
Did anyone read the review of the Galaxy SII for ATT over at Engadget? In all honesty, it looks and sounds quite good: http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/30/atandt-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-review/there is a GAPING security hole (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvbjr4tf_Nk&sns=em), that needs to be patched, ASAP first.

wcrov
Oct 1, 2011, 04:22 PM
Did anyone read the review of the Galaxy SII for ATT over at Engadget? In all honesty, it looks and sounds quite good: http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/30/atandt-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-review/

That's why I stated before:
iPhone 5 was born dead already!

eaglesteve
Oct 1, 2011, 09:22 PM
there is a GAPING security hole (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvbjr4tf_Nk&sns=em), that needs to be patched, ASAP first.

Personally, I see this as a minor issue that can be easily patched. What really bothers me most about going Android is still the malware in the market place. I prefer the serenity and security of a walled garden.

dontwalkhand
Oct 1, 2011, 11:07 PM
That's why I stated before:
iPhone 5 was born dead already!

We will just have to see about that one. Remember Android doesnt have the vertical integration and ecosystem. This is mainly due to the fact that there are hundreds of different designs.

fertilized-egg
Oct 1, 2011, 11:27 PM

Not that I think the phone is bad by any means, but what you wrote there is eerily similar to this more than a year ago:

EVO 4G getting an excellent review from Engadget
http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/19/htc-evo-4g-review/

And of course, a 77 page thread on the EVO vs iPhone:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=907321

Going further back, the HD2 thread here:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=838141
(shockingly some there were predicting that WinMo isn't dead and even will revive(!))

The phone market is large and I'm sure there'll be plenty of market for both iPhone and others for a while.

Sangdushi
Oct 1, 2011, 11:45 PM
if I'm not impressed with the next iPhone my next phone will either be the Samsung Galaxy Note or whatever the Nexus Prime will be.

cinek
Oct 2, 2011, 06:56 AM
I'm really considering it! no point paying extra for a small spec bump when you can get a completely new & possibly better experience for the same amount of money!

wcrov
Oct 2, 2011, 07:13 AM
We will just have to see about that one. Remember Android doesnt have the vertical integration and ecosystem. This is mainly due to the fact that there are hundreds of different designs.

People complains about android because of the changes each maker puts on...
If you have a clean android phone, like Nexus One, Nexus S or the incoming Nexus Prime, you can't compare to iOS...
They are AKA "iPhone killers"...

But guys, be happy! Go get fashioned with iPhone 5!

iamthedudeman
Oct 2, 2011, 09:23 AM
Samsung copies Apple for a reason. Samsung can be considered a "kirf' it's so bad.

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/09/28/no-comment-proof-that-samsung-shamelessly-copies-apple/

Hardware is nothing without software. Software is king, and ios is the best there is.

Android is garbage.:)

Hope this helps.

jarednt1
Oct 2, 2011, 09:41 AM
I might take a glance at Win Phone when Nokia starts shipping devices.

Mad Mac Maniac
Oct 2, 2011, 10:25 AM
poll?

Sodner
Oct 2, 2011, 10:31 AM
If an Andorid smart phone was the last cell phone on earth, I'd search for a pay phone.

Sedrick
Oct 2, 2011, 11:06 AM
Can I just get 4 freakin' inches on an iPhone please? :D

archer75
Oct 2, 2011, 11:13 AM
I have an android phone now. Works great, it's stable and there are a number of features that are superior to ios. That said there are things I don't like about it and i'm looking to sell it now.

maril1111
Oct 2, 2011, 11:15 AM
Nope, the iphone would still be good. redesign or not, the current one isn't ugly its the inside that counts anyway :P

Nachoconqueso
Oct 2, 2011, 11:37 AM
If the Nexus prime looks like this and iPhone does not have either LTE or a bigger screen then I'd be 95% for the prime and 5% for the iPhone. I would have purchased a 4 on Verizon way back in April, but people were still saying a new one was going to come out and I should wait. Apple decided not to say anything about a new phone over the summer and I was, at the same time, becoming very frustrated with my 3g's lack of performance combined with poor service from ATT in my area. The whole thing left a sour taste in my mouth. I think customers should be informed and comforted instead of giving them anxiety and OCD. Now all these 4s rumors are being shoved down everyone's throats and I'm left thinking "I could have bought nearly the same damn thing way back in April, what the hell I kept this frustrating 3g for nothing?" the whole thing has been a negative experience up to this point, but up until the 4th I'm giving Apple the benefit of the doubt and hoping for a great new phone.

http://www.slashgear.com/google-nexus-prime-renderings-appear-accurate-30184469/

knownikko
Oct 2, 2011, 11:42 AM
"If the Next iPhone is a Not a Redesign, Will You Go Android?"

Of course not. I use iPhones because they run iOS. Not because of how sexy I feel while holding one. Really, how superficial do you have to be?

CBillups1
Oct 2, 2011, 11:44 AM
android sucks so NO

rockyroad55
Oct 2, 2011, 11:57 AM
I have invested too much in the Apple ecosystem with all my apps. If I had to choose, I would rather go with WP7.

JS82712
Oct 2, 2011, 11:57 AM
if a spec bump is all that apple can do in 18 months, then I believe they are simply too arrogant to sense the increasing competition from the android side. As a 3GS owner, I refuse to get another "S" phone.

ste1164
Oct 2, 2011, 12:32 PM
I am looking for a new phone and I did have the iPhone 4. If the phone was the same I'd rather take a look at one first then decide. The sgs2 looks nice. As does the bold 9900 so I will wait and see :)

SXR
Oct 2, 2011, 01:16 PM
if a spec bump is all that apple can do in 18 months, then I believe they are simply too arrogant to sense the increasing competition from the android side. As a 3GS owner, I refuse to get another "S" phone.

Im a 3GS owner too, but if getting a 4S means I'll get all the features of the iPhone 4 that I've missed out on , I'll gladly take it.

wcrov
Oct 2, 2011, 01:37 PM
"If the Next iPhone is a Not a Redesign, Will You Go Android?"

Of course not. I use iPhones because they run iOS. Not because of how sexy I feel while holding one. Really, how superficial do you have to be?

So, you like to connect to itunes (tethered) to install / update your iPhone? LMAO

Assume that you like to feel sexy and fashioned!!! lol

ravensfan55
Oct 2, 2011, 01:54 PM
If it doesn't have a bigger screen, I'm not getting it. I already have a person who is buying my 4. I'll get a Galaxy S II. I'd rather not because I lose all the apps I've invested in but I'm not spending $200 on a year-old recycled design.

mikethebigo
Oct 2, 2011, 02:47 PM
Samsung has begun their marketing blitz. Saw this during football today. Well done commercial - phone doesn't have frightening glowing red eyes and doesn't transform into a spaceship. Doesn't mention ghz speeds or anything like that.

It's just a well done commercial that shows off the phone's speed and big, beautiful display and adds a little wonder... kind of like iPhone commercials.

http://www.tmonews.com/2011/09/samsung-debuts-new-commercial-for-galaxy-s-ii-arrival/

Samsung will strike with all its force if the iPhone 5 underwhelms.

decafjava
Oct 2, 2011, 03:52 PM
So, you like to connect to itunes (tethered) to install / update your iPhone? LMAO

Mr Troll still making ignorant comments? lol You do know with ios 5 you will be able to do OTA updates right? Plus this person likely meant they invested in a lot of apps that won't work if they switch. But of course you wouldn't know that, or do you? :rolleyes:

spencers
Oct 2, 2011, 04:37 PM
Will never go android

eaglesteve
Oct 2, 2011, 04:52 PM

Yes, I'd even prefer that than putting up with malware, poor quality applucations, inconsistent and second rate user interface, and poor support. But for your information, we don't have to tether to PC. We don't even need a PC with iOS 5.

Very few people will be as disappointed as I am if the screen isn't at least 4 inches, but the disappointment pales compares to the problems in using my Samsung Galaxy S.

Deako
Oct 2, 2011, 04:56 PM
Personally, ive been there and tried Android based phones and i just dont get on with it at all. I just love the fluidity of iOS.

I would like to upgrade to the iPhone 5 IF it is announced, however, if it isnt, ill just get another cheaper iPhone 4 until the next version is released with a different form factor.

Unfortunately, i have already gotten rid of my iPhone 4. However, iPhone 4 prices will plummet regardless after the announcement on Tuesday.

ajumbaje
Oct 2, 2011, 05:04 PM
looks like I can keep my unlimited data with AT&T once I take over my own plan. Keeping iOS

joshwithachance
Oct 2, 2011, 05:06 PM
If the iPhone 5 really is just an iPhone 4 with new guts I'm switching over to Sprint for their Galaxy S II.

wcrov
Oct 2, 2011, 05:51 PM
Mr Troll still making ignorant comments? lol You do know with ios 5 you will be able to do OTA updates right? Plus this person likely meant they invested in a lot of apps that won't work if they switch. But of course you wouldn't know that, or do you? :rolleyes:

Wait and see if Apple will set us free of their hands (AKA AppStore)...
Then we'll see who is ignorant...

Happy fashion!!! :)

se7endreams
Oct 2, 2011, 06:16 PM
**** no. android can suck it!

kramjam
Oct 2, 2011, 06:23 PM

All you ever do is trash Apple and the fanbase. Why do you even post here?

eaglesteve
Oct 2, 2011, 06:24 PM

But I don't want apple to let go of the control over App Store. I don't want hackers and programmer to be able to anything they want. That is exactly why I like iOS. I want a guard in front of the building to prevent thieves and robbers from going in, which Google isn't doing.

Hell, I don't even want the phone manufacturers and Telco to be able to add rubbish to the OS. HTC's skin over the Android is a big security risk on top of it preventing speedy upgrade. Google's own phone has less problem because that follows more closely the Apple model. However, the market place is too loose still. If I leave iOS due to my lust for big screen, I would hope Window Phone is matured by then, because I think that more closely resembles Apple's (right) way of doing things.

dialed1
Oct 2, 2011, 06:59 PM
Heck no I had a GS 2 it didn't fancy me to much. IOS just works to good for me and IOS5 has quite enough for me for now

CooKieMoNs7eR
Oct 2, 2011, 07:08 PM
What's wrong with you people, just sell your current iPhone 4 on craigslist, you can sell it for at least $350, than use a dumb phone for the next 2 weeks, no big deal, than get whatever comes out, 4S or 5 who cares you'll get it for free plus $50 in your pocket if not more :D at least that's what am I gonna do :D

wcrov
Oct 2, 2011, 07:19 PM
All you ever do is trash Apple and the fanbase. Why do you even post here?

I don't trash Apple! I'm a happy MacBook Pro user!
I just don't like iThings and the Apple's dependency on iOS...
iThings are all fashion after Android got launched...
Try the real Android phone (Google Nexus Series) and you'll know what I am talking about...

Happy fashion! :)

eaglesteve
Oct 2, 2011, 07:29 PM
Try the real Android phone (Google Nexus Series) and you'll know what I am talking about...

Happy fashion! :)

So, you're agreeing that at least vast majority of the Android phones (non-google ones) are trash then?

terraphantm
Oct 2, 2011, 07:33 PM
I probably wouldn't go Android, but I probably wouldn't upgrade my phone either. I may take a look at Windows Phone 8 if it turns out to be a good mobile OS

Amnesia87
Oct 2, 2011, 09:59 PM
If the phones announced on tuesday aren't what I'm looking for I might consider going for either the Nokia SeaRay or the Nexus Prime, though admittedly it would only be until the redesigned iPhone comes out and offers the features I want in an iPhone.

I love iOS, but my iP4 is starting to let me down, I honestly think my device is starting to go bad, and it isn't the iP4 itself that is an issue, but my phone is out of warranty so I have to buy a new one. I just don't feel right buying a 4S that isn't a huge improvement and locking myself into another 2 year wait when the iPhone I want will come out 6-12 months later.

If there is no redesign this go around, the next one will definitely be, and then it should have LTE and whatnot.

I can deal with an iPhone that doesn't have LTE, but it has to offer more than just a processor/camera spec bump to be remotely worthwhile imo.