Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kidwithdimples

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
When you upgrade to Lion.. doesn't it archive the SL to your HDD? if so then where is the location for the file so I can delete it?

WSR

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2011
I haven't changed to Lion, but since no one has replied yet I thought I'd reply.

I'm sure updating doesn't create an archive of SL. I know this from a post from someone who changed to Lion without making a backup first saying they regretted it since they couldn't go back to SL.

Thus, you definitely should make a backup before any changes just in case you end up being one of those who has problems with Lion.

niksimpsons

macrumors member
May 12, 2011
When you upgrade to Lion.. doesn't it archive the SL to your HDD? if so then where is the location for the file so I can delete it?

No it do not going to archive SL in the Mac but yes if you wish you can install Lion in external drive and use it from here only. This way you can use SL and Lion simultaneously.

sOwL

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2007
Nerd Cave
Isn't that what the 'archive & install' option is meant to do? That would archive the system files of SL. Done that when upgraded from Leopard to SL. Still, always make a bootable backup, you never know...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.