Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danoc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 28, 2011
Any apps that let the user annotate files like .doc, .xls, .jpg, .html, .webarchives, ... ?

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
I convert the files to PDF and then annotate them. There are a lot of options available for marking up PDFs, but not so many for other file formats (as far as I know).

Danoc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 28, 2011
For example, GoodReader lets me capture a webpage. But can I annotate it while reading it?

----------

I convert the files to PDF and then annotate them. There are a lot of options available for marking up PDFs, but not so many for other file formats (as far as I know).

But can I convert everything easily to PDF? Is the conversion (from .doc, .jpg, ...) an in-app function (in the usual PDF annotation apps)?

epicmar

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008
Northern Florida
Save2PDF and other apps can convert pretty much any file type to PDF. Don't forget that most versions of Microsoft Office can save files to PDF. I use Save2PDF and other than the fact that it doesn't always page break in the same place as the original Office file, mostly an issue with PPT files, I find it very useful.

Danoc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 28, 2011
I've purchased Note Taker HD, not only for annotation. It works well. A lot of potential.

Works fine with a Target stylus, 15 cad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.