PDA

View Full Version : End and Home buttons?

daonesteven
Sep 25, 2011, 04:34 PM
Does anyone know if there's a way to scroll to the very end of a word document, like the "end" button on PCs? I think my black macbook used to be able to do it when I pressed some combination of buttons that said it on the keyboard but on the 11" mba, it doesn't seem to say?

bill-p
Sep 25, 2011, 04:43 PM
Command + Arrow keys:

Up: go to top of page
Down: go to bottom of page
Left: before first character of current line
Right: after last character of current line

There wasn't enough space on the arrow keys to print all of those characters, I'd think.

GGJstudios
Sep 25, 2011, 04:46 PM
Command-fn-right arrow = end of document
Command-fn-left arrow = beginning of document

Command + Arrow keys:

Up: go to top of page
Down: go to bottom of page
That doesn't work on mine.

daonesteven
Sep 25, 2011, 04:50 PM
My Command + Left and Right do what it says. Command + Up and Down do not, it acts as if the command button wasn't even pressed, line by line.

My Fn + Up and Down, however, seem to do page up and page down, which is the best thing I've got I think. Fn + Left and Right behave the same Command, goes to the end of line, etc.

Though my Fn + Left and Right does Home and End on Chrome...hmmm

----------

Command-fn-right arrow = end of document
Command-fn-left arrow = beginning of document

That doesn't work on mine.

spoke too soon, thanks!

QuarterSwede
Sep 25, 2011, 05:03 PM
They must have changed it for the Airs because on my MacBook in Safari Cmd+Up and Down is top of site and bottom of site while fn+Cmd+Up and Down is page up and down.

GGJstudios
Sep 25, 2011, 06:40 PM
They must have changed it for the Airs because on my MacBook in Safari Cmd+Up and Down is top of site and bottom of site while fn+Cmd+Up and Down is page up and down.
That's still the same, but the OP wasn't asking about Safari:
Does anyone know if there's a way to scroll to the very end of a word document, like the "end" button on PCs? I think my black macbook used to be able to do it when I pressed some combination of buttons that said it on the keyboard but on the 11" mba, it doesn't seem to say?
The keyboard shortcuts are a function of the OS or the app, so they shouldn't change from one Mac model to the other.