Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

just-being-me

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2011
its been literally over 2 hours and only 0.3cm has loaded since!!!! (yes i measured the actual upload cause it was soooo frustrating!!) please help me!!! if its taking this long just for that how long is it gonna be before it actually fineshes?!:mad:

just-being-me

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2011
this is getting ridiculous.....

oookkaaayyy..... i am leaving my ipod to back up overnight since its taking so long. if this isnt done by tomorrow theres definitely something wrong with my ipod right??? please if theres someone out there thats able to give advice or tell me whats wrong youre officially my lifesaver.
(oh right the picture below show the progress after over 4hrs)

Attachments

• itunes back up after over 4 hrs.png
    itunes back up after over 4 hrs.png
    355.5 KB · Views: 350

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
oookkaaayyy..... i am leaving my ipod to back up overnight since its taking so long. if this isnt done by tomorrow theres definitely something wrong with my ipod right??? please if theres someone out there thats able to give advice or tell me whats wrong youre officially my lifesaver.
(oh right the picture below show the progress after over 4hrs)

When did you last back up? If you haven't backed up for a while it will take a long time. There is nothing wrong just wait for the backup to finish.

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
You using the same/right cable? Using an older sync cable can do that. I was using an old cable just for charging and when I tried to sync with it, it took forever. Just sayin..

just-being-me

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2011
@Bonch

.3 cm = .1 inch. Just sayin.

thanks never knew that :D

----------

When did you last back up? If you haven't backed up for a while it will take a long time. There is nothing wrong just wait for the backup to finish.

uhh.... well i guess i havent backed it up in like 2 years? and waiting for over 12 hrs just for it to backup is just plain wrong i started at like 8:30pm last night and it finished at like 1:48pm next day so yea technology hates me =.=

----------

You using the same/right cable? Using an older sync cable can do that. I was using an old cable just for charging and when I tried to sync with it, it took forever. Just sayin..

hmmmm.. maybe thats one of the reasons why i was using my sister old cable from her 180gb ipod thanks for the advice :D

just-being-me

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2011
The cycle has repeated =.=

BACKUP FAILED NOW IM TRYING AGAIN..... UGH

wish me luck, cause i need it

BabyJane

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2011
China
maybe there is some problem with the system . my andriod crashed ,before i took it to maintenance center, it "reovered" ,haha , Good luck ! :D

just-being-me

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2011
Hope everything is good. it will just take 15-20 mins to finish backup.2 hours is horrible, you can even do nothing with it. Good luck ! :)

im sorry to say (for both you and me) that it has already been 5hrs. hence as i said the cycle has repeated. i swear i'll shoot myself if i have to leave this thing overnight again =.=

----------

maybe there is some problem with the system . my andriod crashed ,before i took it to maintenance center, it "reovered" ,haha , Good luck ! :D

hmm... maybe ill try that. thx :D

just-being-me

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2011
ugh ok this only for worked for me for like 5mins then zip.nada.nothing back to being slow again. but that probably just unlucky me, i hope this doesnt put anyone off from trying this method though it probs works its just my ipod is retarted T.T

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.