PDA

View Full Version : Blurry text safari?

Namysome
Sep 26, 2011, 04:36 PM
When using Safari on my 2011 MBA 13'' the text is all of a sudden getting blurry. Now, this only happens sometimes. But, it is getting annoying. Not sure why it keeps getting blurry. Anyone else out there experiencing this?
Any idea what the reason could be?

Thanks

bp1000
Sep 26, 2011, 06:51 PM
Isn't it something to do with swipe gestures, when you swipe back, it has a momentary blur as it re-draws the page from memory.

Dunbar
Sep 26, 2011, 08:57 PM
Isn't it something to do with swipe gestures, when you swipe back, it has a momentary blur as it re-draws the page from memory.

I just posted about this in the Lion forum and Safari compresses the cached version of the page. So when you swipe fwd/back you momentarily see the saved version of the page that is compressed (before it reloads the page.) I'm new to OSX but I imagine this is a holdover from before multi touch gestures to preserve memory. Chrome doesn't do this and is just as fast. Too bad gestures don't work as smoothly as Safari and you lose the animations.

erasr
Sep 27, 2011, 06:21 PM
Yeah I noticed this on day one of getting my Air. Like they say, it's just when reloading up pages (swiping back etc).

123Julie
Oct 5, 2011, 03:48 PM
I have the same problem. Sometimes when I scroll the text in Safari goes blurry, and it never fixes itself. I have to close and reopen. I also have a new 13" MBA. Is there a way to make it clear again once it happens?

DieterRams
Oct 10, 2011, 08:16 PM
I have the same problem. Sometimes when I scroll the text in Safari goes blurry, and it never fixes itself. I have to close and reopen. I also have a new 13" MBA. Is there a way to make it clear again once it happens?

Can you elaborate on this? I take it the text you see on screen as it moves looks blurry but I think that's just simply because it's moving. But then you say it doesn't "fix itself" so that sounds odd. Because if it's what I just mentioned, it should "fix itself" when the page stops moving.

erasr
Oct 11, 2011, 05:13 PM
I've noticed only maybe 3 times in 2 months that it's not really gone back to normal. It's normally happening when going back to the previous page and Safari probably does this to load the page quicker, then fixes the sharpness of text once the page loads.

I've noticed the fuzziness in a normal way that it does it, as I say when going back a page, notice that every day.

ronalddezino
Oct 11, 2011, 06:23 PM
Sometimes Safari accidentally triggers the 'pinch to zoom' gesture on the trackpad, which zooms in the page a fraction, which then makes the text on the page blurry for some reason. The solution is to 'pinch to zoom' outwards (zoom out) this should make everything look normal again.

WritingBiker
Oct 18, 2011, 07:37 AM
Yes, I've been having this problem on my new 11-inch MacBook Air, too! I'll be surfing on Safari, and all of a sudden, the text gets blurry and the screen is frozen. The only thing I can do is close out of the page and open up Safari again. Very annoying! Anybody have a way to fix this? I've tried doing the finger motions to draw the text together, but nothing works but closing out. Argh!!

----------

Well, I've temporarily fixed the problem by going into System Preferences - Trackpad and deselecting the Zoom feature. I might want that in other cases, but not when I'm browsing -- especially when it seems to make Safari freeze for some reason.

jshbckr
Dec 21, 2011, 01:27 PM
Any solution for this?

My wife's MacBook Air (11-inch) does this in Safari and apparently it just happened in Mail, too.

RJJNY
Feb 22, 2012, 09:53 AM
Still hasn't been fixed, seems to be happening more often for me on the new MBA which has the added annoyance of having lost the original trackpad zoom gestures.

VFXrishi
Mar 16, 2012, 03:01 PM
I'm experiencing the same thing. It actually just happened a few minutes ago. Hopefully, someone finds out what's happening. If I find anything, I'll post it here.

-Rishi

eldigo
Apr 14, 2012, 03:04 PM
+1. I know I pinched some gesture or other to cause it. Question is: What gesture?..? (Wasn't on a Macbook Air either)

toutla
May 13, 2012, 04:10 PM
just occasionally...but when browsing the text on the page goes blurry and the screen freezes. I can open a new tab and keep browsing, so its not the whole safari app, but just that window. anyone find a fix, other than closing and reopening safari?

PodPacker
May 13, 2012, 06:01 PM
Dude, you are accidentally activating the zoom function on the trackpad. Use the pinch to zoom out gesture and you will be OK. It's not a software or hardware issue, it's an operator error. Sorry to be the guy to tell you that. Enjoy your MacBook air.

tonyburkhart
May 19, 2012, 05:41 AM
Sometimes Safari accidentally triggers the 'pinch to zoom' gesture on the trackpad, which zooms in the page a fraction, which then makes the text on the page blurry for some reason. The solution is to 'pinch to zoom' outwards (zoom out) this should make everything look normal again.

bingo! That worked for me on my MBA i5 4GB, running 10.7.3 with Safari 5.1.5. Thanks :D:apple:

Stetrain
May 20, 2012, 10:04 AM
bingo! That worked for me on my MBA i5 4GB, running 10.7.3 with Safari 5.1.5. Thanks :D:apple:

You can also just do Command-0 (zero) to reset the scaling to default in Safari.