PDA

View Full Version : MBA 2010 wifi/network issue

Bjerrome
Sep 26, 2011, 05:43 PM
I've been having trouble with a MBA (2010) for a few days now. When opening the lid it will allways find and connect to my Airport Extreme network just fine. The problem recently is that it often won't be able to get an internet connection. Pings just time out and LS shows no inbound traffic. I tried resetting PRAM and SMC with no success. Neither did things like removing the network from preferences/keychain and logging back in fix things, as I have seen suggested. Also the internet connection comes back some times when I've left the computer closed for a while, only to be lost again the next time I close and open it. Other devices on the network (MBP, iPad, iPhones, PS3) seem unaffected.

I've looked around here and on the support forum a bit but haven't found anything conclusive. I might be missing something and any help or suggestion would be much appreciated :)

Detrius
Sep 27, 2011, 09:02 AM
If you have an OS on an external HD, try booting from that. See if you still have the same issue there. If you do, it's hardware. If not, it's software.