PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots of Facebook Integration into iOS 5?

MacRumors
Sep 26, 2011, 05:51 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/09/26/screenshots-of-facebook-integration-into-ios-5/)

Here are some screenshots we received about possible Facebook integration into iOS 5.

Such a feature has not been announced, and we were unable to confirm the screens. Apple has provided Twitter integration into iOS 5 and included a framework to allow them to extend it to account integrations. So, Facebook integration as a system level feature would not be a stretch. These screens closely resemble those of Twitter's integration and could easily be mocked up:

http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2011/09/facebook.jpg

Ultimately, Apple's decision to integrate Facebook into iOS seems to rest negotiations between the two companies. Apple had closely integrated (http://www.macrumors.com/2010/09/02/confusion-over-facebooks-brief-appearance-in-ping-for-itunes/) Facebook into their Ping social service, but the feature was pulled at the last second due to "onerous terms" that Apple could not agree to at the time. Since then, Facebook may be feeling more pressure with the early growth of Google's own social network, Google Plus.

Article Link: Screenshots of Facebook Integration into iOS 5? (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/09/26/screenshots-of-facebook-integration-into-ios-5/)

ArtOfWarfare
Sep 26, 2011, 05:55 PM
Photo sharing and tagging?

Some kind of photo stream like feature but utilizing Facebook instead of iCloud?

Autoface detection in iOS 5 like in Mac OS Lion?

Skoua
Sep 26, 2011, 05:56 PM
I can photoshop that too.

Caharin
Sep 26, 2011, 05:57 PM
Awesome! Now I can send all my private information to Steve and Mark simultaneously. What a time saver! :D

Adey
Sep 26, 2011, 06:00 PM
If that screen shot is genuine, then someone at Apple can't spell "addresses" and I find that a little hard to believe!

Fake!

frunkis54
Sep 26, 2011, 06:01 PM
i like the add account option. its against Facebook terms to have more than one account. :)

ECUpirate44
Sep 26, 2011, 06:02 PM
If that screen shot is genuine, then someone at Apple can't spell "addresses" and I find that a little hard to believe!

Fake!
Good spot.
/thread.

jreed91
Sep 26, 2011, 06:02 PM

Fake!

yup fake

Macopotamus
Sep 26, 2011, 06:03 PM
Typos in the screenshot, the buttons are misaligned, come on. Worst Photoshop job ever.

QuarterSwede
Sep 26, 2011, 06:04 PM

Fake!
The strange thing is, under the Twitter settings in iOS 5 beta 7 it's says exactly the same thing but "addresses" is spelled correctly so they didn't just take a screenshot of it.

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/9276/photo2xd.png

Also, the keyboard is different than the Twitter one.

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/406/photo1bz.png

Adey
Sep 26, 2011, 06:05 PM
Worst Photoshop job ever.

Nah, that's Pete Burns, surely?

mbarriault
Sep 26, 2011, 06:08 PM
Definitely fake, but I would much prefer Facebook integration over Twitter integration.

QuarterSwede
Sep 26, 2011, 06:14 PM
Typos in the screenshot, the buttons are misaligned, come on.
The buttons don't look misaligned. They just looked centered vertically. They do look odd horizontally though.

Stiksi
Sep 26, 2011, 06:16 PM
I really hope this does not happen. I already uninstalled the Facebook app because it uploaded my Address Book into Facebook's servers without even notifying me.

I don't need spyware to be integrated into the OS.

FloMo
Sep 26, 2011, 06:18 PM
It's a French fake.

Why?
Because, in French, "addresses" is spelled "adresses". And here, there's a mistake.

Adey
Sep 26, 2011, 06:19 PM
All you really need is this:

http://www.teehanlax.com/blog/iphone-gui-psd-v4/

And a complete inability to spell.

Cougarcat
Sep 26, 2011, 06:20 PM
I really hope this does not happen. I already uninstalled the Facebook app because it uploaded my Address Book into Facebook's servers without even notifying me.

I don't need spyware to be integrated into the OS.

It would be an optional install....

Stiksi
Sep 26, 2011, 06:28 PM
It would be an optional install....

I know it would be an "optional" install but you can bet it will nag and nag and nag if you don't install it. Right now, it's on the app level and it's easy to opt out. OS level things are always expected to be installed so if you opt out, some things will not work as well.

Edit: Yay, fake. Sadly not improbable.

----------

It's a French fake.

Why?
Because, in French, "addresses" is spelled "adresses". And here, there's a mistake.

French and a ton of other languages.

QuarterSwede
Sep 26, 2011, 06:35 PM
I know it would be an "optional" install but you can bet it will nag and nag and nag if you don't install it.
It doesn't if you haven't logged into the Twitter one so why would it for Facebook? Apple doesn't operate that way.

frumpsnake
Sep 26, 2011, 06:44 PM
Apparently clicking "Update Status" causes the Wifi logo to slide over towards the middle of the screen. :rolleyes:

jacobo007
Sep 26, 2011, 06:48 PM
Page 2??????

wirah
Sep 26, 2011, 06:49 PM
NO. The iPhone must not become uncool with this Facebook integration crap.

QuarterSwede
Sep 26, 2011, 06:51 PM
Apparently clicking "Update Status" causes the Wifi logo to slide over towards the middle of the screen. :rolleyes:
Yeah, that's a bit wacky.

RazorSharp69
Sep 26, 2011, 07:00 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Facebooks everywhere! What if you dont like the crap anymore there better be a disable button.

Stiksi
Sep 26, 2011, 07:11 PM
Page 2??????

Because it's fake.

Adey
Sep 26, 2011, 07:23 PM
Because it's fake.

It should really be page three. After all, there's a couple of massive boobs in it.

mrelwood
Sep 26, 2011, 07:25 PM
Worst Photoshop job ever.

No it isn't. I should show you some of mine.

QuarterSwede
Sep 26, 2011, 07:27 PM
Facebooks everywhere! What if you dont like the crap anymore there better be a disable button.
Twitter on iOS 5 is opt-in. If and when Facebook is integrated it'll probably be similar to this ... mockup/fake.

winston1236
Sep 26, 2011, 07:33 PM

Fake!

agreed! total fake

Adey
Sep 26, 2011, 07:35 PM
Just think. Your friends integrated completely into your phone. So you can, like, tell them what's happening. In real time. Using your phone.

It's like 1876 all over again.

Except... They're not really your friends.

Are they?

mavis
Sep 26, 2011, 07:36 PM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4 (32GB, JB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

Definitely fake, but I would much prefer Facebook integration over Twitter integration.

Same. I've used the twitter integration in iOS5 once. Facebook I would use daily.

Les Kern
Sep 26, 2011, 08:04 PM
Christ, I hope not. Or if it is, I hope it can be removed easily.

BWhaler
Sep 26, 2011, 08:08 PM
I think this is fake, and I really hope it is.

Facebook is disgraceful on the privacy front, and slowly working their way into every aspect of our lives, building their people database to sell to advertisers.

I hope Apple continues their trend of protecting our privacy. Hiding our identity from publishers who re-sell it and blockin UDID in iOS 5, Apple is doing the right thing by its customers.

I hope Apple is playing the smart game most in this industry are missing and building consumer trust and to make money in different, non-ad driven ways.

nateo200
Sep 26, 2011, 08:15 PM
I'm an idiot with CS5, yet I can some how manage to trick allot of people with even MSPaint!

kas23
Sep 26, 2011, 08:27 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Now that the egomaniac is gone, I can see a thawing of the Apple/Facebook relationship.

That said, I don't want Facebook integration. Facebook's for girls.

tazinlwfl
Sep 26, 2011, 08:31 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just one more reason why we need a better spellcheck option in Photoshop...
:P

makingdots
Sep 26, 2011, 09:18 PM
I think this is fake, and I really hope it is.

Just want to let you know that if you didn't set up Twitter in settings, you wouldn't have the tweet button all over the place.

It will be the same if they integrate it with facebook. There will be no button to post it in facebook if you didn't set it up. So, you better calm down. :p

KingZorb
Sep 26, 2011, 10:56 PM
Facebook integration would be an awesome bonus for ios5!

TLewis
Sep 26, 2011, 11:00 PM
Three possibilities:

As others have said, "fake".
R&D picture of an early UI mockup.
Confidential picture used for marketing, promotional, or training purposes. Any typos/image differences are intentional, to see who's leaking info. Every person or group is given a different picture; if a picture is leaked, Apple now knows where it came from.

WissMAN
Sep 27, 2011, 12:57 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Facebook, like AOL won't last. Whats in it for Apple?

Vundu
Sep 27, 2011, 02:15 AM
Why is everyone getting their knickers in a twist.

Twitter is currently optional and does not hassle you if you do not install it so why would this be different?[COLOR="#808080"]

----------

pewra
Sep 27, 2011, 02:18 AM
]Confidential picture used for marketing, promotional, or training purposes. Any typos/image differences are intentional, to see who's leaking info. Every person or group is given a different picture; if a picture is leaked, Apple now knows where it came from.

You would just need a coloured pixel somewhere, not even visible to the naked eye. There's already technology there for doing that.

mazz0
Sep 27, 2011, 05:04 AM
I'd prefer Google+ integration, but fat chance of that, I imagine.

scottnj1966
Sep 27, 2011, 07:45 AM
If you know the spelling is incorrect which of course makes it fake, why post it?

Image (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/09/26/screenshots-of-facebook-integration-into-ios-5/)

Here are some screenshots we received about possible Facebook integration into iOS 5.

Such a feature has not been announced, and we were unable to confirm the screens. Apple has provided Twitter integration into iOS 5 and included a framework to allow them to extend it to account integrations. So, Facebook integration as a system level feature would not be a stretch. These screens closely resemble those of Twitter's integration and could easily be mocked up:

Image (http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2011/09/facebook.jpg)

Ultimately, Apple's decision to integrate Facebook into iOS seems to rest negotiations between the two companies. Apple had closely integrated (http://www.macrumors.com/2010/09/02/confusion-over-facebooks-brief-appearance-in-ping-for-itunes/) Facebook into their Ping social service, but the feature was pulled at the last second due to "onerous terms" that Apple could not agree to at the time. Since then, Facebook may be feeling more pressure with the early growth of Google's own social network, Google Plus.

Article Link: Screenshots of Facebook Integration into iOS 5? (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/09/26/screenshots-of-facebook-integration-into-ios-5/)

rroach3753
Sep 27, 2011, 09:33 AM
This is all but guaranteed to be fake! I'm running the most up-to-date iOS 5 beta and Facebook integration is nowhere to be found. Unless they added this to iOS5 GM and the Dev's haven't seen it, you're out of your mind to believe this...especially since someone spelled 'addresses' wrong!!

Mad-B-One
Sep 27, 2011, 01:35 PM
In German, "address" is spelled "Adresse" since the word was probably changed by the common use of the verb "to add." That actually originates from adressen, a middle-aged English word with French origin. Same for the German word but they didn't change it, they just conjugated it.

Back to the picture: Probably a mock up. Apple is not going dark ages on us, is it? :D

Mad-B-One
Sep 27, 2011, 01:45 PM
You would just need a coloured pixel somewhere, not even visible to the naked eye. There's already technology there for doing that.

Only that I would use a cell phone and make a photo of it in JPEG which then will compress out the pixel variance as being too small an information. If that is not good enough because it might tell which phone did it, you can print and re-scan it. There are just sooooo many low-tech conversions to throw off the geek tracing that you can get around it without getting caught. Purposeful misspelling is oldschool but might work better. But I personally agree with the people seeing this as a mock up.

DavidLeblond
Sep 27, 2011, 01:49 PM
So much Facebook hatred! I don't see it. Especially the people dropping Facebook for Google+, which is just Facebook with less features. :rolleyes:

accessoriesguy
Sep 27, 2011, 07:17 PM
All these facebook app iphone integration, reminds me, can't the iphone just log onto facebook via web browser?

SuperMacMan
Sep 28, 2011, 07:53 PM
http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2011/09/facebook.jpg

There is so much wrong with these images…

1) The times are significantly different in each
2) The WiFi icon is in a totally different spot in the 2nd picture, suggesting a different carrier
3) First one shows Bluetooth, Location and Orientation Lock on, 2nd one has none of them
4) 2nd picture is fully charged & plugged in, 1st one is neither.
5) Wrong Facebook app icon in first image
6) Facebook, Inc. not Facebook Inc.
7) Facebook discourages multiple accounts, so why the "Add Account"?
8) Adresses lol
9) Send button should read Share in 2nd images
10) Why is there a @ symbol next to the spacebar? Only Twitter uses this.

And that's just what I can see!

Adey
Sep 29, 2011, 05:29 AM
@SuperMacMan Good shouts all of 'em!

Well spotted.

Kissaragi
Sep 29, 2011, 06:05 AM
So much Facebook hatred! I don't see it. Especially the people dropping Facebook for Google+, which is just Facebook with less features. :rolleyes:

Its fashionable to hate facebook :rolleyes:

bradkrischel
Sep 29, 2011, 07:16 AM
I hope this gets implemented in the future, but I'm not holding my breath.

vitzr
Sep 29, 2011, 07:20 AM
If true, Apples as nefarious as the companies they sue.

Jesse03
Sep 30, 2011, 02:01 AM
You can use this:ww.ondesoft.com/screencapture/index.html
Make a screen shot but edit the screenshots.