PDA

View Full Version : does compressor 4 play nicely with final cut express?

Keebler
Sep 26, 2011, 09:46 PM
Hi folks,

Can you export out of final cut express into compressor 4?

A colleague is doing basic edits so buying final cut X isn't necessary if compressor 4 works with final cut express?

I'm assuming they could output the necessary .mov files then import into compressor 4 and use the required presets?

Cheers,
Keebler

cgbier
Sep 26, 2011, 09:51 PM
I'm assuming they could output the necessary .mov files then import into compressor 4 and use the required presets?

Yep, that's the way.

As you seem to use only presets: Is there a specific codec you need that is not in FCE? I only used Compressor to batch convert or to make mpeg 2 for DVD authoring. Otherwise, the codecs in FCE were fine for me. You just couldn't go on editing while it was rendering.

Keebler
Sep 26, 2011, 10:00 PM
Yep, that's the way.

As you seem to use only presets: Is there a specific codec you need that is not in FCE? I only used Compressor to batch convert or to make mpeg 2 for DVD authoring. Otherwise, the codecs in FCE were fine for me. You just couldn't go on editing while it was rendering.

Thanks.

Not really a specific codec, but a need to batch more than 1 client file at a time, plus possibly 2 different file/code types. ie. record the footage, edit client A, edit client B, then run their files overnight or over a few hours before uploading.

Cheers,
Keebler

cgbier
Sep 26, 2011, 10:03 PM
Then it's worth to spend the 50 bucks.

Keebler
Sep 26, 2011, 10:10 PM
Then it's worth to spend the 50 bucks.

thanks. I'll pass that along.