Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nipponfan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Austria
Got my Air today, after watching a movie I saw the complete black screen and noticed a "line" from top to bottom. Should I return it? Got a Toshiba SSD and LG Screen btw.

It doesn't bother me that much though, only see it when screen is completely black and screen brightness is up to max.

Attachments

• IMG_0566.jpg
    IMG_0566.jpg
    466.9 KB · Views: 194

optmi

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2011
I think you should take it into Apple and have it looked at if it bothers you.

nipponfan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Austria
@minnus "my line" seems not to be an imprint of the trackpad or keyboard.

@optmi Problem is, I can't really "bring it to Apple" since we have no Stores here in Austria. I bought it online, and it would take another 2 weeks until I would get a new unit.

Anyone think this issue would "go away", since it's new. Happened with the light bleed on my mother's iPad 2

minnus

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2011
@minnus "my line" seems not to be an imprint of the trackpad or keyboard.

Anyone think this issue would "go away", since it's new. Happened with the light bleed on my mother's iPad 2

You're right - I only mention that I have something similar. I am attempting to make my lines 'go away' by keeping it looping through a screensaver. It has been about a day, and I am not sure if it is working. I will likely be bringing it to the Apple store this weekend, especially if this does not work.

nipponfan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Austria
I waited for a week and this "line" didn't go away. So I called up Apple and they are now sending me a replacement.

I hope it was a wise decision, but since I got the Toshiba SSD I thought I'd take the risk. I want the screen to be as flawless as the one on my old MBP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.