Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macette

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 5, 2002
Melbourne
What's the most Mac-friendly Palm-type thing? What are the options? Looking at the lower end of the market, probably. Would love advice, as am travelling and about to head home through (yay) Hong Kong, where duty-free versions will be available...

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

PS India is amazing. Get here soon.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Well, it used to be Handspring's Visor, or Visor Deluxe, which is what I use. The latest Hardspring Treo 3xx is not Mac-compatible somehow. Sony's Palm machines supposedly aren't either. So, that leaves those from Palm itself or older Handspring models.

The prices for slightly older, but still new, models have dropped dramatically so you'll probably find a bargain. As far as Handspring go, Visor Prism (colour), Visor Neo, Visor Platinum, and Visor Pro should all be at a discount now.

kungfu

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2002
i have a visor edge which works very well for simple stuff. you can find them on yahoo shopping for about $150... i have mine syncing perfectly with mac os x and isync....

kungfu

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
Re: What's a good personal organiser?

a wife.

works for me, at least. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.