PDA

View Full Version : New Macbook Air Keyboare / Scroll Pad Feel Cheap

labstarr
Sep 28, 2011, 05:03 PM
I have been using my new Macbook Air 13 for one week now going from a 15'' 2008 MacBook Pro.

Has anyone else noticed that the keypad feels cheap? More specifically, they don't have a soft feel when you type like the older Pros and make a snapping sound if you don't hit them dead on.

Worse, the scroll pad actuation is jittery. After a few hours of working on spreadsheets my wrist is killing me. I'm thinking of returning my MacBook Air unless maybe it's just a malfunction with the one I have?

TheRealDamager
Sep 28, 2011, 05:07 PM
I have been using my new Macbook Air 13 for one week now going from a 15'' 2008 MacBook Pro.

Has anyone else noticed that the keypad feels cheap? More specifically, they don't have a soft feel when you type like the older Pros and make a snapping sound if you don't hit them dead on.

Worse, the scroll pad actuation is jittery. After a few hours of working on spreadsheets my wrist is killing me. I'm thinking of returning my MacBook Air unless maybe it's just a malfunction with the one I have?

I've never felt this way about my Airs (and I also used a MBP first. You WILL get less key travel, but that is a function of the thinness of the machine.

nightcap965
Sep 28, 2011, 05:10 PM

It might be a malfunction on the one you have. I had an issue with keys squeaking, but the Apple store promptly replaced the MBA and the new one has been flawless.