Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

utpalkishen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
I have made coverflow using openFlowView in my iPad application. My images comes through webservice and I have set it in Array in proper index. And Using asynchronous images I am setting the images on coverflow. All done successfully but there is one problem that my images set out of order on coverflow means first images will put sometime at 3rd position sometime at 4 and same for other images too. I want to put my images in proper order sequentially on coverflow. Please anyone can help me for this problem. I am quite stuck in this situation.

Last edited:

sundialsoft

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2010
Scotland
AFOpenFlow

AFOpenFlow uses the set of images you pass it. I use it in a live app and it works fine. I suggest that you do some tests on the set of images you are passing to make sure they are actually in the order you think they are.

I could not follow your code enough to comment on where it might be going wrong, sorry.

lefooey

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2009
Spokane, WA
As best I can tell from your example code, you're downloading multiple images asynchronously. Thus the images are added to your cover flow in the order they finish downloading, not the order they started. With different images sizes and response time, these are not necessarily the same thing.

utpalkishen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Thank you for your reply. but still I could not get the proper solution for it what to do further.

Is there any way to load asynchronous image sequentially one by one...

Last edited by a moderator:

utpalkishen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Thanks for your reply But I have used iCarlouse also, OpenFlowview of Faj too but problem is not coverflow, problem is set multiple image sequentially on coverflow when it is downloaded asynchronously through webservice...If you have still any option to recommend me to do so...Thanks anyways..

jiminaus

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Sydney
The usual technique is kept state associated with the asynchronous transaction so that when you get the response you know where in the order of the images the response need to go.

utpalkishen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Thanks but I didn't get your point exactly... How can I define state in asynchronous image loading..Can you please give me any example?

utpalkishen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
coverflow images set out of order in begining

Hi,
In coverflow, images loaded successfully. To load images i have used NSOperationQueue but if I press again to load images on coverflow at the same time when previous loading also loading the image. So in new coverflow some last of the old images of previous loaded images come in new coverflow image at begining. I have released NSOperation queue already but still won't find its solution. Anyone have any idea. Thanks in advance.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
This is the same question you asked in your thread here:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1236149/

The answer provided there is still going to be the answer. You haven't provided any new information. And you've removed the code from your earlier thread, so it's unlikely anyone can give you a clearer answer.

Post your code.
Don't make multiple threads for one question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.