PDA

View Full Version : Display and Hard disk

Chuchichan
Sep 29, 2011, 11:15 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

What is the best display panel and
SSD models to look for in a new
MBA 13 inch (256gb)? Is there a way to know what you'll get before buying or do you just have to get lucky?

TheRealDamager
Sep 29, 2011, 11:18 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

MBA 13 inch (256gb)? Is there a way to know what you'll get before buying or do you just have to get lucky?

You have to get lucky - there is no way to tell.
People are split on the display issue - some feel the Samsung is better than the LG. I've seen them both and I can't tell the difference.
On the SSD, the Samsung seems a bit faster than the Toshiba, but whether you would ever tell the difference is debatable.

orfeas0
Sep 29, 2011, 11:25 AM

Buy one and love it man... The difference is too small to care... Do you really think apple would use 2 different screens/SSD if there were such a difference between them, making the MBA a gamble?
You have to get lucky - there is no way to tell.
People are split on the display issue - some feel the Samsung is better than the LG. I've seen them both and I can't tell the difference.
On the SSD, the Samsung seems a bit faster than the Toshiba, but whether you would ever tell the difference is debatable.

I've read that the toshiba SSD is faster in some tasks, so again: They're both good, don't try to have the best. They're both the best ;)

Chuchichan
Sep 29, 2011, 11:30 AM

Cool. Thanks for the replies.

deeddawg
Sep 29, 2011, 12:25 PM
I've read that the toshiba SSD is faster in some tasks, so again: They're both good, don't try to have the best. They're both the best ;)

Agreed, the differences only seems to appear in benchmarks and each outdoes the other in different tasks. I've yet to see any credible evidence that the SSD brand makes any difference in real world usage.

SSD's are so much better that it's like your rich aunt giving you a new car to replace your bicycle and being concerned whether it's a BMW or Mercedes. :)