PDA

View Full Version : What is your dog's name?

Hastings101
Sep 29, 2011, 01:06 PM
If you don't have a dog.. you should be ashamed of yourself, get out of this thread.

maflynn
Sep 29, 2011, 01:07 PM
I had a dog, but he died :(

yg17
Sep 29, 2011, 01:08 PM

Same, except it was a she. I miss her :mad:

MacDawg
Sep 29, 2011, 01:09 PM
Had two dawgs growing up by the name of "Bruno" and "Topper"
Currently no dawg in the household

stridemat
Sep 29, 2011, 01:11 PM
Currently no dawg in the household

Where are you at the moment then? :confused::p

Have two dogs. Monty, a Springer Spaniel and Rolo, a German Shepherd crossed with a Pyrenean Mountain Dog. (He is huge).

Hastings101
Sep 29, 2011, 01:16 PM

Aww, that sucks.

Same for yg17

Tanglewood
Sep 29, 2011, 01:21 PM
Kirin - a Shiba Inu mix

5 months old and full of energy.

(marc)
Sep 29, 2011, 01:25 PM
Carl. Named after the janitor from the Breakfast Club.

chown33
Sep 29, 2011, 01:31 PM

So his new name is Dusty or Ash?

mickeykool
Sep 29, 2011, 01:32 PM
Blackie - mini poodle

Rootbeer - toy poodle

Shouldn't be hard to guess the colors of them. :D

iowamensan
Sep 29, 2011, 01:33 PM
Just got a dog this summer. (golden retriever puppy)
His name, appropriate for this site, is Mac.

Corso95
Sep 29, 2011, 01:42 PM
Baxter, a 1 year old beagle. Last month he was hit by a car, but has made a complete recovery!:)

tktaylor1
Sep 29, 2011, 01:47 PM
Dexter.

wordoflife
Sep 29, 2011, 01:49 PM
If you don't have a dog.. you should be ashamed of yourself, get out of this thread.

Since the OP hasn't posted the name of his/her dog, I'll assume the OP doesn't have a dog ... which, by the logical of the OP ... the OP should get out of his/her own thread? :eek::confused:

Just kidding, haha.

bradl
Sep 29, 2011, 01:52 PM
Female Yellow lab.

Name: Willa.

We didn't get to choose the name, though it fits her perfectly. She's a guide dog for my wife. I like how she got her name, though. At the place she was born and trained at with my SO, when the parents produce a litter, the litter is designated a letter from the alphabet, and the names of every puppy from that litter starts with that name. Her litter had Willa, Walter, Winona, Wendy, Wagner, etc. You get the idea.

Also as long as that guide is active, no other dog can have that name. When they retire or pass away, the name gets freed up for another dog to use. So when she retires, a new puppy will be named Willa, and if she passes the training, she'll be active and no-other active guide can have that name.

BL.

h1r0ll3r
Sep 29, 2011, 01:55 PM
Kirby. When he was born he was a pudgy, fat pink looking mess. Just like the Nintendo character. He's a Jindo/Dachshund mix.

likemyorbs
Sep 29, 2011, 01:57 PM
My doggy's name is Bo, he's the love of my life, and i got him before Obama got his Bo so the president copied me, not the other way around.

soco
Sep 29, 2011, 01:59 PM
We had a Shiba-Inu named Kato. Most think it's a reference to the comics character from the Green Hornet, but we got her when the OJ Simpson thing was going on and I insisted on it because I heard the attorney's name so often and thought it was cool.

I was 7 or something lol

Doctor Q
Sep 29, 2011, 02:07 PM
A dog we had many years ago could say his own name: "Ralph!"

Peace
Sep 29, 2011, 02:14 PM
I bought a dog the other day. I named him Stay. It’s fun to call him. “Come here, Stay! Come here, Stay!” He went insane. Now he just ignores me and keeps typing.

--Steven Wright

Seriously though. I've had 7 cats named Spot. :p

davidinva
Sep 29, 2011, 02:17 PM
Had two dogs, one named Herman and the other Brownie. Brownie was adopted and came with his name.

Moyank24
Sep 29, 2011, 02:19 PM
I have 2 dogs, both with baseball related names....Bomber and Rookie.

Designer Dale
Sep 29, 2011, 02:36 PM
Kio - mutt
Faith - Samoyed
Joy - Husky
Sonnet - white shepard
Shaka - German Shepard
Star - Shar-Pei Chocolate Lab mix

So the OP doesn't get sued for discrimination, my cats.

Roxy
Tamicon
Bugs
Mori
Wicket

All of the above critters are no longer with this Earth.

Dale

MovieCutter
Sep 29, 2011, 02:45 PM
The black lab on the left is Luxo (from Pixar's Luxo Jr. because he hops around like the lamp when he's excited), he's a 3 year old rescue. My yellow lab on the right is Ender (from Ender's Game), and he's a 6 year old pain in the ass. I've had him since he was born and he's spoiled.

spblat
Sep 29, 2011, 02:47 PM
Lola. She had that name when we got her.

iJohnHenry
Sep 29, 2011, 03:37 PM
We had a Shiba-Inu named Kato. Most think it's a reference to the comics character from the Green Hornet, but we got her when the OJ Simpson thing was going on and I insisted on it because I heard the attorney's name so often and thought it was cool.

I was 7 or something lol

As you were only 7, I will forgive you. ;)

Kato was O.J.'s *pitue* perennial couch potato (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kato_Kaelin).

Guy never knew when to leave.

jav6454
Sep 29, 2011, 03:52 PM
My dead dog used to carry the same name as the main character in 101 Dalmations, Pongo.

TheGenerous
Sep 29, 2011, 03:58 PM
Lucas
wire fox terrier

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17685667/20110212-163330-r%5BLR%5D-2.jpg

with his new haircut~

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17685667/20110807_sRGB_01-alberca%5BLr%5D-2.jpg

He has many nicknames; Luquencio, Podolski, Lucas Carin

Hastings101
Sep 29, 2011, 04:43 PM
Since the OP hasn't posted the name of his/her dog, I'll assume the OP doesn't have a dog ... which, by the logical of the OP ... the OP should get out of his/her own thread? :eek::confused:

Just kidding, haha.

My dog is a secret agent, I'd be endangering his mission if I gave his name :cool:

Also, the dog above is cool

rhett7660
Sep 29, 2011, 05:02 PM
We have two:

Mayham - Shepard Mix
Maverick - Terrior Mix

And yes these names fit!

scullymj
Sep 29, 2011, 05:21 PM
Frankie, a three year old red female mini dachshund. My last female mini dachshund, now gone, was Sammi. When it comes to dachshunds, I prefer females and have named them after women I've dated.

Gomff
Sep 29, 2011, 05:38 PM
Our dog's name is Betty, and she's a 5 year old Staffordshire terrier.

She is essentially, our child and is spoilt rotten. But we don't care because we love her to bits.

Steeley
Sep 29, 2011, 05:46 PM
Diesel - Australian cattle dog x border collie

Patdt13
Sep 29, 2011, 06:19 PM
Molly- English Cocker Spainel

GeekLawyer
Sep 29, 2011, 06:24 PM
My dog is named Fischer.

Fireproof!
Sep 29, 2011, 06:26 PM
Willow .

bradl
Sep 29, 2011, 06:34 PM
My dog is named Fischer.

Absolutely LOVE miniature schnauzers!

My first dog ever was a schnauzer, named Belle. loved that dog like no tomorrow. miss her too.. I was 8 when I had her.

BL.

alust2013
Sep 29, 2011, 06:43 PM
This thread just makes me want a dog. I'm planning on getting an aussie (possibly mini) when I get my own place.

GeekLawyer
Sep 29, 2011, 07:32 PM
Absolutely LOVE miniature schnauzers!

My first dog ever was a schnauzer, named Belle. loved that dog like no tomorrow. miss her too.. I was 8 when I had her.

BL.He's my first mini schnauzer. He's such a good dog!

munkery
Sep 29, 2011, 07:38 PM
Social engineering?

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/technology/2008/01/in_what_city_did_you_honeymoon.html

Gomff
Sep 30, 2011, 04:37 AM
Social engineering?

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/technology/2008/01/in_what_city_did_you_honeymoon.html

Good point.....Although I would never choose "What's your dogs name" as my forgotten password question because too many people know that already.

munkery
Sep 30, 2011, 05:09 AM
Good point.....Although I would never choose "What's your dogs name" as my forgotten password question because too many people know that already.

It is scary that pet name related questions are common security questions.

Albeit, this is only a relevant concern if people actually use the default questions and answer those questions with real personal information.

likemyorbs
Sep 30, 2011, 05:37 AM
It is scary that pet name related questions are common security questions.

Albeit, this is only a relevant concern if people actually use the default questions and answer those questions with real personal information.

i answer the pet name question with the name of my guinea pig i had as a kid, something no one really knows. i would never use my current dog's name though.

buckeye269
Sep 30, 2011, 05:59 AM
My 1 1/2 year old dachshund is named Dexter. My previous weenie dog's name was Tank.

munkery
Sep 30, 2011, 06:27 AM
i answer the pet name question with the name of my guinea pig i had as a kid, something no one really knows. i would never use my current dog's name though.

What was the name of that guinea pig?;)

macingman
Sep 30, 2011, 06:32 AM

Same except I heard my dog had died while I was on holiday at Disneyland. :(

I'm serious. Very sad. I miss it. :(

andalusia
Sep 30, 2011, 07:16 AM
Female Yellow lab.

Name: Willa.

We didn't get to choose the name, though it fits her perfectly. She's a guide dog for my wife. I like how she got her name, though. At the place she was born and trained at with my SO, when the parents produce a litter, the litter is designated a letter from the alphabet, and the names of every puppy from that litter starts with that name. Her litter had Willa, Walter, Winona, Wendy, Wagner, etc. You get the idea.

Also as long as that guide is active, no other dog can have that name. When they retire or pass away, the name gets freed up for another dog to use. So when she retires, a new puppy will be named Willa, and if she passes the training, she'll be active and no-other active guide can have that name.

BL.

I once knew a female golden lab called Willow. A really lovely dog, Willow or Willa is a great name for that breed :)

My dog is a cross between a Husky and an Akita, named Kita. Not very original but still ;)

chuffman15
Sep 30, 2011, 09:41 AM
my wife and i have 3 dogs:
shelby , a female chocolate chihuahua 12 years, 9 pounds
riley, a red golden retriever, 4 years, 100 pounds
mac, saint bernard, 9 months 140 pounds

before my wife and i were mac people (recently made the jump)
i named him mack, after the truck. my wife, not know too much about trucks thought you spelled mack without the k, so his name is mac. 6 months later we a mac people. i guess the moons were aligned.

YESimBLUNTED
Sep 30, 2011, 10:09 AM
Tigger - Shephard/Boxer mix (she is brindle and has a tiger stripe look)
Sunny - Toy Shnauzer
Dexter/Dexi - German Shephard/Unknown (but we think collie because of her tail) mix

and
Cat (pronounced C-A-T or see-a-dy) is our porch stray

likemyorbs
Sep 30, 2011, 01:08 PM
What was the name of that guinea pig?;)

If i told you that you'd be able to hijack my macrumors account. :)

----------

Same except I heard my dog had died while I was on holiday at Disneyland. :(

I'm serious. Very sad. I miss it. :(

That's horrible. I can't even bare to think of the day my dog will die. He's a member of the family. Luckily he's only 2. How old was your dog?

saving107
Sep 30, 2011, 02:29 PM
Mr. Jack (he just turned two).

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7483/img01483r.jpg

SwiftLives
Sep 30, 2011, 03:34 PM
The dog in my profile pic is Lucy - she's our spiteful dachshund. Our other dog is Linus. He's a fat, overly affectionate beagle.

Lucy likes to express her displeasure through the strategic placement of poo throughout the house.

Linus just likes to start howling at 5am.

It's a good thing I love my dogs...

MultiM
Sep 30, 2011, 05:09 PM
Jazz (Bulldog/Boxer) and Baron (rescue mutt, mom was a sharpei). Under baron you can just see Spike, who has a new home now. He terrorized the other cats, Jasper and Ella.

toolbox
Sep 30, 2011, 08:47 PM
I have two King Charles Spaniels both brother and sister.

Flynn ( nick name is cleetus from nutty professor )
Alice ( she doesn't have a nick name )

Blakeasd
Sep 30, 2011, 08:49 PM
Patches! He's a Jack Rat Terrier...

likemyorbs
Sep 30, 2011, 10:03 PM
I have two King Charles Spaniels both brother and sister.

Flynn ( nick name is cleetus from nutty professor )
Alice ( she doesn't have a nick name )

My best friend has three of those, and I had the unfortunate experience of babysitting them last week while they were away on vacation(thankfully his house in adjacent to mine). They pooped and pissed on the floor all week. I vowed never to get a small dog and every time i came home from their house i told my dog how much i appreciate him. Their names are Simon, Daphne, and Niles.

toolbox
Sep 30, 2011, 10:07 PM
My best friend has three of those, and I had the unfortunate experience of babysitting them last week while they were away on vacation(thankfully his house in adjacent to mine). They pooped and pissed on the floor all week. I vowed never to get a small dog and every time i came home from their house i told my dog how much i appreciate him. Their names are Simon, Daphne, and Niles.

HAHAH yeah i no the feeling!!! i baby sat them up at my house as my rents where away and it was new years eve and a very hot night so i decided to drag my bedding out into the family room so i be with them. I came back from showering, she weed all threw my bedding. That had to be changed the the buggers snored all night! LoL. Because there 12 now, she has problems with her bladder and some times she leaves wet patches if you no what i mean. We had to get her on meds to help with that, also the hips are giving out too so they need help jumping

NYR99
Oct 1, 2011, 12:33 PM
His name is Orion. In 4 days he will be 4 months old.

likemyorbs
Oct 1, 2011, 01:12 PM
His name is Orion. In 4 days he will be 4 months old.

He's gorgeous, i love huskies. I'm pretty set on one for my next dog.

Hexiii
Oct 1, 2011, 01:28 PM
Bessy!

http://www.ze-psi-louky.ic.cz/galerie/Bessy/Bessy_2.jpg

bradl
Oct 1, 2011, 02:36 PM
He's my first mini schnauzer. He's such a good dog!

If yours is anything like mine was, I pray you don't have any squirrels living in the trees in your yard!

2 quick (funny) horror stories.

Belle loved to chase squirrels, especially if it was in our yard, where we had 2 very tall oak trees. Great places for squirrels, since they love acorns. Our screen door to the house was also full glass, so Belle would just sit and watch/guard her yard. If a squirrel came down, she'd bark like crazy, we'd let her out, and off she'd go. Squirrel gets scared, and climbs the tree.

One day, Belle figured out how to climb the tree. She barked when she saw the squirrel, we let her out, she went after the squirrel, squirrel went up the tree, she climbed the tree! But she had no idea how to get down, and we didn't own a ladder! So we were the only people in our neighbourhood who had to call the fire dept. to rescue their DOG from the tree.

Secondly, Belle LOVED the mailman. and our mailman loved her. Every day he came by, she barked like crazy, we'd open the door, she'd run out and jump into his arms. He came to expect it too, so mail wouldn't go flying around. Well, one day, we took her to the mall to get pictures taken, and as we are leaving, she spots a mailman on the complete far side of the mall, getting mail out of the mailbox. She barks like crazy, wrestles out of my arms, and runs full pace all the way across the mall, with me chasing after her. She gets up to the mailman as he's closing up the mailbox, jumps as the mailman (female) turns around, and cops 24 pounds of miniature schnauzer straight in the face! Mail goes flying all over the place, mailman tumbles over on her back, police who see this are running over, I finally make it over, and there is Belle, on top of the mailman, giving kisses like there's no tomorrow. I'm crying (remember, I'm an 8 year-old at this time), thinking I'm going to have to give up my dog and go to jail because she assaulted the mailman, who thankfully said it was okay and that she gets worse every day, from having 2 German Shepherds and an Alaskan Malamute who do the same thing every time she gets home!

Schnauzers.. so much fun! :D

BL.

munkery
Oct 1, 2011, 03:35 PM
Bessy!

What breed is that? It looks similar to an australian shepherd.

Any blue heeler owners?

Hexiii
Oct 1, 2011, 03:39 PM
What breed is that? It looks similar to an australian shepherd.

Any blue heeler owners?

Bernese Mountain Dog

munkery
Oct 1, 2011, 03:41 PM
Bernese Mountain Dog

Wow. Ok, much bigger than a AS.

Derived from a mastiff?

AS from mostly border collie.

munkery
Oct 1, 2011, 03:54 PM
This is my sister's current dog.

The only dog that I get to interact with on a regular basis.

Hopefully, that will change fairly soon.

mgguy
Oct 2, 2011, 01:03 AM
Nikki, a rat terrier person in fur.

steve knight
Oct 2, 2011, 01:18 AM
30 pound wiener dog that came with the name lady (god people use some imagination) but the nicknames work well. we have lady hoover when she cleans the floor lady bones as she is lazy she likes to lick her foot so lady foot licker works well too.

Hexiii
Oct 2, 2011, 03:06 AM
Wow. Ok, much bigger than a AS.

Derived from a mastiff?

AS from mostly border collie.

Well, I think it's derived from bernerd. But it's smaller and kinda cleaner. :)

Hastings101
Oct 2, 2011, 03:29 AM
Social engineering?

Don't worry, I would have asked "What is your favorite password to use?" or something like that, I was just wondering what people named their doggies lol

iJohnHenry
Oct 2, 2011, 09:56 AM
Fletch, but he just runs about in circles when you call his name. :confused:

TheGenerous
Oct 11, 2011, 03:58 PM
Fletch, but he just runs about in circles when you call his name. :confused:

and if you say his name backwards goes in reverse?

renewed
Oct 11, 2011, 04:05 PM
Gizmo...

Full name: Gizmo Xavier Boomer Sooner Than Later Put That Thing Away (mylastname).

wvuwhat
Oct 13, 2011, 10:56 PM
Brady!

AppleScruff1
Oct 13, 2011, 11:01 PM
Stain. I get funny looks when I call him. :D

last.september
Oct 14, 2011, 12:40 AM
I have 2 chihuahua/dachshund mix boys from the animal shelter named Cooper and Trot. Both are about 18 mos. old now. They drive me crazy pretty regularly, but I love 'em and they make me laugh constantly.

Love seeing all the other doggies in this thread :)

Four oF NINE
Oct 14, 2011, 08:39 AM
4 year old white-yellow Labrador Retriever

Natasha

haleigh
Oct 14, 2011, 08:48 AM
Jake - 5 month old black lab & a pain in the ass.