Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jazzer15

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
Would this combination provide reasonable protection for the iPad 2, or would I still be advised to get a screen and/or back protector?

I'm careful with my things, but I do like to keep them in "like-new" condition both for myself as well as for possible resale when/if I should like to upgrade. I was wondering if the part of the smart cover that attaches to the iPad and/or the cover buddy (or I was also considering the Belkin Snap Shield) might leave some marks over time.

Thanks.

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2010
You won't need anything else. I just happen to like anti glare so I have that.

I've ben using this combination since the cover buddy came out. I take it off periodically to check the back and corners and everything looks perfect no scratches or marks.

appleaccessorie

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2011
If you want to keep them in "like-new" condition, you need the screen protector and back cover. Some apple screen protector can make sure that there was no sticky residue after you remove the screen protector. It also can Protects ipad LCD screen against scratching, scraping & abrasion. The back cover has the same function. You can have a look about this apple screen protector http://www.topons.com/apple-97-ipad-screen-protector.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.