Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Philalbe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Greater Boston Area
Hi everyone. I recently bought an Asus ProArt PA246 monitor. I purchased it to use with my 2010 13" MBA for Design work. I was wondering if anyone had any experience calibrating an Asus monitor with a Mac? After connecting the display I used the walkthrough calibration process on my MBA; the one that instructs you to make the gray oval and then the gray Apple logo barely visible. This seemed to yield less than favorable results. I seemed to get the monitors pretty close on my own, by manually adjusting the brightness and contrast. The ProArt has an IPS panel display that's supposedly geared towards photographers and designers. I was wondering if there is a preferred color profile I should use; SrGB, Adobe 1998 etc.? I have a certificate and a degree in Graphic Design, but I'm ashamed to say we never learned about how to properly calibrate hardware. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sincerely,

Phil

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.